Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep wrangler 2 door 6MT soft top
Occupation
rocket scientist
Clubs

Looks like there's a kit for all the Hemi that's offered. Dakota customs makes kits. Cost is over $12k.

The JL Hemi kit is here! This kit is meant for 5.7 and 6.4 Hemi JL conversions that reuse the factory 8 speed transmission with the provided adapter. Realize your Jeeps full potential by harnessing the power of the V8 today! At the moment, this kit only works with 3.6L 8 Speed equipped JL Wranglers. A 2.0L equipped conversion kit is in the works.
  • Custom wiring harness
  • Bolt-in motor mounts
  • Machined transmission adapter
  • Header back exhaust system with SRT headers
  • Custom intake system
  • Dakota Customs special install parts
  • Professionally tuned PCM
  • JL Live Mod calibration tool included
The PCM from the converted Jeep will be needed to complete the engine programming. A ship here ship back system will be used to make this an easy step.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is what dreams are made of. I would be ok with a 400hp v8 but would take one of these any day :like:

In the comments DC said they have a JL with Dana 60's running on 40's. Going to release a vid of it sometime soon.

This jk vid of theirs is pretty bad.

#diesel

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Looks like there's a kit for all the Hemi that's offered. Dakota customs makes kits. Cost is over $12k.

The JL Hemi kit is here! This kit is meant for 5.7 and 6.4 Hemi JL conversions that reuse the factory 8 speed transmission with the provided adapter. Realize your Jeeps full potential by harnessing the power of the V8 today! At the moment, this kit only works with 3.6L 8 Speed equipped JL Wranglers. A 2.0L equipped conversion kit is in the works.
  • Custom wiring harness
  • Bolt-in motor mounts
  • Machined transmission adapter
  • Header back exhaust system with SRT headers
  • Custom intake system
  • Dakota Customs special install parts
  • Professionally tuned PCM
  • JL Live Mod calibration tool included
The PCM from the converted Jeep will be needed to complete the engine programming. A ship here ship back system will be used to make this an easy step.
What’s the mpg? I’m guessing 10. Sounds great, though.

Jason

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StingGray
so 12k for the kit, how much for the motor and install?

Sponsored

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
I guess there is no replacement for displacement. Sort of like the picture below, but I would be worried about brakes, handling, and stress on the entire drivetrain, but thats just me.....
upload_2019-1-30_18-9-43.jpeg

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
So it mates up with the factory 8-speed? Not sure how much from a hemi, much less a hellcat it could take. I miss my SC'd JK and would kill to put my ls3 in the Jeep instead of my Camaro... But a part of me just wants that damn hellcat badge on the side of my JL

Sponsored

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So it mates up with the factory 8-speed? Not sure how much from a hemi, much less a hellcat it could take. I miss my SC'd JK and would kill to put my ls3 in the Jeep instead of my Camaro... But a part of me just wants that damn hellcat badge on the side of my JL
My thoughts too. I'm not sure the ZF8RE (Chrysler built) tranny in this JK is expected to take all the torque of those Hemi's save for perhaps the 5.7 normally aspirated. Ok, looks to be 500/500 based on a google search of the 850RE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
My thoughts too. I'm not sure the ZF8RE (Chrysler built) tranny in this JK is expected to take all the torque of those Hemi's save for perhaps the 5.7 normally aspirated. Ok, looks to be 500/500 based on a google search of the 850RE.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_8HP_transmission
500 Nm converts to 368.78 ft-lb Tq. so not even ideal for a Hemi. 8HP70 - 8HP75 used with V8's

You can buy Hellcat engine and Tranny from wracked hellcats for about $15-20k

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Fun stuff....but $$$$$$$$$$