Sponsored

Possible to retrofit LED turn signal housing into Sport S?

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
The only thing I wish my Sport S had is the DRL LEDs from the Sahara and Rubi. Is it possible to retrofit the whole housing over?

Has anyone tried it?
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
The only thing I wish my Sport S had is the DRL LEDs from the Sahara and Rubi. Is it possible to retrofit the whole housing over?

Has anyone tried it?
Should be able to do this but no factory Mopar LED lights have been available for purchase. They don't have enough to build the orders they have. I am not sure if you will be able to program the DLR functionality into these once installed on a Sport or Sport S. If you have the larger 7" Uconnect option I would think you should be able to but nobody will really know for sure at this point.

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL

Has anyone tried it?
Have you thought about going with a LED switchback bulb instead? You don't get that amber/white split down the middle but it still looks pretty good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dangerz

dangerz

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
My bad I thought they were just halogen DRLs. So do they only turn on if you turn the headlights on?
Yeah unfortunately. I'm half tempted to take mine apart this weekend and see if I can retrofit a DRL.

Simulacra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R UL
Yeah unfortunately. I'm half tempted to take mine apart this weekend and see if I can retrofit a DRL.
That’s lame. You should definitely take a look. No harm in trying.

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
I do a poor man's version of DRLs on my JLU Sport: I turn on the parking and fog lights. Dunno why DRLs aren't standard on all Wranglers nowdays.

Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I think the two programmers I have seen on here will allow you to turn on DRL on the sport.

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
I would answer this but the Superchips tuner is still on back order. :crying:

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
Just wait until some Rubicon and Sahara owners start modding or replacing their factory fender flares, I doubt they will be relocating those factory housings.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I just received the Tazer and can confirm you can turn on the DRL on a sport and set it to the turn signal. Now I just need to get switchback LEDs and see how well it goes together.

Ricapar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport, 2009 BMW 328i Convertible
Hopefully not reviving too old a thread, but I'd rather continue this one than start another one.

Has this been revisited by anyone lately? I have a Sport S on the way, and the one thing I am bummed about is not having the LED lighting package available to me. I'm a bit less interested in the DRLs (though it would be very nice) and more in the primary headlights.

Has anyone found information about if the primary headlights would be a drop-in replacement for the stock halogens?
Sponsored