Amart13

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler JLU
Hey guys,

Looking for suggestions for the best led replacement bulbs for the halogen housing. Im looking for more light output but i dont feel like changing the housing yet because id like to wait for a dedicated 9inch light instead of retrofit 7 in lights.

Thanks
Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

Looking for suggestions for the best led replacement bulbs for the halogen housing. Im looking for more light output but i dont feel like changing the housing yet because id like to wait for a dedicated 9inch light instead of retrofit 7 in lights.

Thanks
I had some great luck with ORACLE Lighting. Super bright and you can do the halos as an option:

Lacroix1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S turbo. 2012 Road Glide. 2015 Chrysler 200s V6 AWD.
Occupation
US Army
Vehicle Showcase
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S turbo. 2012 Road Glide. 2015 Chrysler 200s V6 AWD.
Occupation
US Army
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Lacroix1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
Did you do the Fog light bulbs too, if so which ones match the color ?
No, for the fog lights I bought the Mopar OEM LEDs from take off’s, which came with the entire housing. Got them for $50 from a local seller who upgraded their bumper.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

Thanks
Doesn't exist although those that have done it will defend it to their death. The reflector isn't made for LED or HID. Scattered light that may blind oncoming drivers. Won't pass vehicle inspection if you have one in your state.

Lacroix1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara JL
Doesn't exist although those that have done it will defend it to their death. The reflector isn't made for LED or HID. Scattered light that may blind oncoming drivers. Won't pass vehicle inspection if you have one in your state.
There's really nothing to defend; they just simply work better and more efficient than the halogen OEMs.

Snelly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Jeep was 1985 CJ7 / currently 2018 JLU
No, for the fog lights I bought the Mopar OEM LEDs from take off’s, which came with the entire housing. Got them for $50 from a local seller who upgraded their bumper.
I need that deal in Alabama!

Nomad

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.

Jas0n

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Headlightrevolition.com claim that the Supernova V.4 LED bulb is a great replacement. They have them for the headlights, fog lights and reverse lights.
They have done YouTube videos for the fog and reverse lights.
I am waiting on their demonstration of the Supernova V.4 in the JL reflector, before I consider a purchase.
https://headlightrevolution.com/led-headlight-bulbs/supernova-v-4-led-headlight-bulbs/
I have the headlights and yellow fogs and so far I love them. What would you like to see? I could take some pics or a short video if you’d like.

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
I have the headlights and yellow fogs and so far I love them. What would you like to see? I could take some pics or a short video if you’d like.
I was hoping that they (HR) would do a beam cutoff comparison, in the JL housing.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the Beamtech led bulbs and are fantastic for a great price... no issues at all, very bright and certainly good enough to make me want to wait for new LED options made specifically for the JL
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHCQ8KY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
So did you have to have the JL flashed when swapping bulbs to avoid flickering or bulb out warnings, also on the H13 ( 9003 Hi/lo ) you linked is the $38.99 for one bulb, I recently upgraded my front bumper and lost my halogen fogs in the process and the halogen headlamps are lacking so this would be a decent option until a direct plug and play headlamp becomes available

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Would like to see a short vid or some pics on light dispersion, I lost my halogen fogs in doing an upgrade and the halogen headlamps are very lacking, did you have to do anything special for the install or was it as simple as just swapping out bulbs
Sponsored