Sponsored

Best Floor Mats - WeatherTech FloorLiners

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Robieman

My Husky Xact Contours look just like yours when I have them in my JL. Same minimal bulges, that in reality, do not get in the way, and you don't notice after awhile.

For sure the foot to liner feel, is great with the Husky Xact Contour. I truly like the feel. They look good too and the coverage, while not as good as some other offering's is decent. They are prone to scuff a bit with use.. This liner is my 2nd favorite liner of the 3 brands, I have installed.

As I mentioned, I have installed two different sets of the Husky's. The female fasteners on the bottom of the liners, did not line up with the factory males on the rug. You could fool with it and force it to fasten but... Since I tried two sets and both had the fastener issue and your JL, did not, it may be that the males on my JL's rugs are not in spec lets say...

OH, I also found the female on the liner is prone to be bent out of shape and non-usable until you bend back into place.

IF you ever get a chance, take a look at an installed Bestop Floor Liner for JL. The female fastener on that liner is exceptional. Talk about a good floor liner fastener, set-up.
Sponsored

Robieman

First Name
Robie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150; Sharron's 2020Grand Cherokee
@Robieman

My Husky Xact Contours look just like yours when I have them in my JL. Same minimal bulges, that in reality, do not get in the way, and you don't notice after awhile.

For sure the foot to liner feel, is great with the Husky Xact Contour. I truly like the feel. They look good too and the coverage, while not as good as some other offering's is decent. They are prone to scuff a bit with use.. This liner is my 2nd favorite liner of the 3 brands, I have installed.

As I mentioned, I have installed two different sets of the Husky's. The female fasteners on the bottom of the liners, did not line up with the factory males on the rug. You could fool with it and force it to fasten but... Since I tried two sets and both had the fastener issue and your JL, did not, it may be that the males on my JL's rugs are not in spec lets say...

OH, I also found the female on the liner is prone to be bent out of shape and non-usable until you bend back into place.

IF you ever get a chance, take a look at an installed Bestop Floor Liner for JL. The female fastener on that liner is exceptional. Talk about a good floor liner fastener, set-up.
Iā€™ll keep my eyes open for one, thanks buddy. I canā€™t explan about the fasteners. I did really push hard to get them fastened, but assumed it was since they were new. They didnā€™t feel out of alignment. Go figure!?!

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Any more feedback on the Maxliners? I have never heard of them before this thread and from pictures look like the way I am leaning. They are also 15% off right now.

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ā€˜18 JLUR
Any more feedback on the Maxliners? I have never heard of them before this thread and from pictures look like the way I am leaning. They are also 15% off right now.
I have Maxiliners in my JLUR. The material they are made from is quite stiff, but they fit all contours extremely well, extend farther under the rear seats than the other liners Iā€™ve seen, and I like them. Are they as nice to the the touch as some of the other brands? Probably not, but they provide excellent protection for my carpet and I would purchase them again.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I have the mopar jeep liners and I am not planning on setting them to drain. Where did you get the plugs? I;m using several strips of gorilla tape and that works but would rather have plugs. Surprised the mats don't come with plugs.
You can buy them from a Jeep dealer, Amazon, eBay. Not very expensive. The mats don't come with plugs because Mopar expects us to use the existing plugs that are in the floorpan.

Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I got my Maxliners in today. They seem similar quality to the Weathertech I have had in the past. Noe if my Jeep would just show up I could see how they fit.

bigbee

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I have a husky x-act update.
I complained about the fit and they sent at another pair. After looking at my pics they said something about coming out of the mold to early or getting boxed too soon. I was happy with their explanation and that they would stand behind the product. Well the new mats took a little time to arrive but it was fine because they let me use the old mats in the meantime.
Well the replacement mats are only marginally better and a still not good at all. I am so disappointed because I wanted these to be great. I like the look and feel.
Here are my pics of the gap on drivers side and waffling on passenger side with a crease on outside passenger side that wont go away? can they be heated? the fit is terrible
FR4g3txGKfbLLrm6gwOIVQ-7OF5lXFiRRfqTNvVBapbK2Opnm5dMMvW7AtErM-OkxCS0OHId615zMo22yBc=w464-h953-no.jpg

Fyw8mo8IotKpJ2pEx7vpsWbPloHvrV5KvxmmmCeA81b5ehCFP9MPDFCwgtJSuXMXsvCWX1hCXUbRmIowIwI=w464-h953-no.jpg

F_6E2R1SAw3Z_w7xVDw3hl9UUqOf2JdpqTQ-AMk4jeZQDRq76oNcMbM4KLYXh-4UpbhlLOc-jmOSW7QK1qY=w464-h953-no.jpg

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I have a husky x-act update.
I complained about the fit and they sent at another pair. After looking at my pics they said something about coming out of the mold to early or getting boxed too soon. I was happy with their explanation and that they would stand behind the product. Well the new mats took a little time to arrive but it was fine because they let me use the old mats in the meantime.
Well the replacement mats are only marginally better and a still not good at all. I am so disappointed because I wanted these to be great. I like the look and feel.
Here are my pics of the gap on drivers side and waffling on passenger side with a crease on outside passenger side that wont go away? can they be heated? the fit is terrible
FR4g3txGKfbLLrm6gwOIVQ-7OF5lXFiRRfqTNvVBapbK2Opnm5dMMvW7AtErM-OkxCS0OHId615zMo22yBc=w464-h953-no.jpg

Fyw8mo8IotKpJ2pEx7vpsWbPloHvrV5KvxmmmCeA81b5ehCFP9MPDFCwgtJSuXMXsvCWX1hCXUbRmIowIwI=w464-h953-no.jpg

F_6E2R1SAw3Z_w7xVDw3hl9UUqOf2JdpqTQ-AMk4jeZQDRq76oNcMbM4KLYXh-4UpbhlLOc-jmOSW7QK1qY=w464-h953-no.jpg
Wow. Sorry to hear about your experience. Based on the positive comments that I read about Husky, I would expect better too.

bigbee

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Another Update. I asked and Husky is going to refund in full for the liners. I think that was standup of them. I wish the fit was better because I think they are superior for me in alot of other areas.

SpringsJL

First Name
Cage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Love my Weathertechs got 9 months on them still holding there shape like new. Like how they go up the side to prevent slush spilling over onto carpet cool design.

Sponsored

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
i have the Mopar floor liners but want to find something with deeper tread because I'm tired of slipping in the sand that follows me in the jeep.

normally I go for weathertech but their offering appears to be almost as smooth as the mopars.

I really want the floor liners from @BestopTeam but i don't think that i could live with the giant yellow logo - if it was black or removable, I would buy them this instant.

what about Rugged Ridge? I don't see any comments in here on these but they appear to have good tread like Bestop and without the yellow logo, anyone have an opinion?

http://www.ruggedridge.com/floor-liner-kit-front-black-18-18-jeep-wrangler-jl-jlu-12920-36.html

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@HoundDude

Unfortunately, you cannot remove the gaudy logo on the Bestop, Quadratech or Rugged Ridge floor liner offerings for the JL. Well, you could easily snap the logo connectors and free the logo, but then you end up with 2 open holes in each liner. 8-(

For my JL, I have tried Weathertechs, Husky Xact Contour and Bestops. I like the foot to the liner feel, the material and tread on the Bestops so in the end, kept them.

I myself like the tread placement and graduated depth on the Bestop or Quadratech's.

Suggest you go with one of those offerings.

You can use black sharpie on the logos to hide the logo... you use the Jumbo Black Sharpee... paint in on and while damp, wipe/blot a bit. It gives a subdued black color to the logo. I used liners with this for months and it worked out very well.

I did this and then opted to place a black vinyl sticker on the logos to make them more appealing lets say.

sticker.jpg

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
@Rhinebeck01 thanks for the feedback on the logos, I would have been tempted to remove them and would have been really, really annoyed with holes. maybe I'll get the bestop's and try your sharpie trick. I really like the look of those (when I'm not staring at the giant logo).

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@HoundDude

@Rhinebeck01 thanks for the feedback on the logos, I would have been tempted to remove them and would have been really, really annoyed with holes. maybe I'll get the bestop's and try your sharpie trick. I really like the look of those (when I'm not staring at the giant logo).
Surprisingly, the Sharpee on the logo works very well. It's durable. I had it on the liners for months in the Winter and never touched it up.

I do snow and the beach alot in the Winter ( have digs in a few places) and the deep tread of the Bestops, sure is appreciated.

Also, the Bestops do not scuff, keep their color, have a nice feel, and with a little soap and water and a soft deep bristle brush they clean up very easily. Terrific fastener system on them, also..

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@HoundDude

If you want to go the sticker route like I did just pm @InvertedLogic and tell him you want the sticker like I have on my Bestop Floor liner's. He will do them for you.

Yes, I have the word Rubicon on my liners, but he can also do for the word Sahara.

Can tell you the vinyl he is using is holding up very well.. What a terrific addition to the liners.. The sticker fits the Bestop and Quadratec floor lines and possibly others.

sticker.jpg
Sponsored