Sponsored

Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" lift - also fixed my steering issues!

grein46087

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
This is a long story but if you’re trying to figure out what lift kit to get for your JL, this is WELL worth your time. Spoiler alert: Dynatrac EnduroSport for the win!

For those of you that haven’t heard my story, I took possession of my JL Unlimited Rubicon on July 1. On July 2nd I was in the mountains doing what it does best…and enjoying every minute of it however it never felt right. The steering sucked and I was always ‘nervous’ driving it on the highway. By August 1 it was in the shop. First for the steering issues that were SEMI-solved with a TSB flash and steering box adjustment, then for a problem with my rear locker light being on all the time. This turned into the Jeep being in the shop for almost 2 months while it waited for a new rear axle.

During this time I spent just about every day and night trying to figure out what lift kit to purchase. If I spent this much time on my retirement, I’d be retired by now! What I found is that everyone has an opinion about which lift kit to get. I was ready to drop about $5k on King shocks and either an EVO or Rock Krawler kit. The main reason for this is due to the fact that the guys I hang out with have proven to me that they are worth the money (which they are, don’t get me wrong they are great kits but for a newbie like me it may have been a bit overkill).

Fast forward to an afternoon in which I went to Huntington Beach where I met up with my friends at the Jeep Bash. Still confused as to which way to go, my good friend Alfy, who has an amazing Jeep as well, said you “have to talk to Tony Carvallo before you do ANYTHING!”. I immediately went to talk to Tony who was standing next to the Jeep he built called Code 1 (which is an absolute beast…google Code 1 and I’m sure you will agree!). Heres the thing, Tony, who now works for Dynatrac, was the Jeep Wrangler product planner at FCA. His main job was to define what the JL would be. I figured if anyone knew about the JL it would be him…and this was SO true! Not to mention that Tony is also one hell of an amazing guy. He’s extremely humble even though he probably knows more about the JL than anyone! After talking with him for a few minutes, I was sold that he REALLY knows what he’s talking about! As he pointed out, Jeep engineers have put over a million miles of testing on the platform for which he was privileged to be an instrumental part of. His goal and mission with a JL lift kit was to merely improve upon an already tested platform yet give it the lift thats needed to stuff 37’s on a Rubicon and 35’s on a Sport or Sahara, AND give it a better ride. Tony worked hand-in-hand with Fox shocks and the manufacturer of the springs to get them both to work in unison with each other (one step that that not a lot of manufacturers do). The Dynatrac kit includes new springs, Fox shocks, brake extension brackets, bump stops and new sway bar end links for the rear (the current rears are put on the front). I asked Tony why there’s no need for lower control arms and he said because it’s a true 2” lift kit and you don’t need them since all measurements (pinion and caster angles) are well within spec. If they weren’t then he would have included them.

This past weekend I had the pleasure of watching and working with Tony while he walked me through the install of the Dynatrac EnduroSport lift kit. So, what’s the end result? I am COMPLETELY blown away! Not only does the Jeep feel extremely “planted” on the ground now, there was also another amazing byproduct that I, quite frankly, didn’t think would occur (actually I thought it would get worse). My steering issues are now 100% fixed! I drove over 350 miles this weekend and would smile every time I took my hands off the wheel at 75 mph and it drove straight down the highway. I didn’t have the typical nervous feeling while being next to a semi truck. Also, I no longer have to slow down and anticipate the body roll for every turn I take. I even had an opportunity to hit a fire trail to test the flex. Again, I was blown away! Honestly, this kit is worth way more than what they are advertising! Oh and yes, there is ZERO bowing unlike another kit on the market that I won’t name (but you know which one I’m talking about).

If you’re considering going with a 2” kit on your JL, I highly suggest the Dynatrac EnduroSport. You will be blown away at how much better it rides than the factory suspension and if you have steering issues, like I did, then it might surprise you there as well. BTW, the photo with the 37’s is my Jeep and we threw them on for size…I’m still on 33’s (for now). Once I get some 37’s and new wheels I will consider my build complete (until I decide to throw on some real rock rails, roof rack, winch, etc…).

IMG_0149.jpeg

IMG_0165.jpeg
@Midwest22 this is great write up, I have ordered my new JL and looking to have a lift but I am concerned also about the warranty - would you say it is worth the effort to go with the dynatrac lift over the Mopar lift?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Midwest22

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Midwest22 this is great write up, I have ordered my new JL and looking to have a lift but I am concerned also about the warranty - would you say it is worth the effort to go with the dynatrac lift over the Mopar lift?
I have a 7yr/100k warranty so I hear what you're saying. BUT, if every Jeep that went to the dealership with an aftermarket lift kit was denied a claim, do you realize how many people would be screwed and how many people would STOP buying Jeeps?! How many Jeeps do you know of that have stayed stock? Personally, I know none! BTW, I have my warranty mainly for electronics. Theres a LOT more going on with the JL than the JK and its a new model so (as we have seen) the electronics are going to be buggy (among other things).

With that said, I didn't want a lift kit that had springs that bowed (Mopar). No matter how FCA tries to spin that one, springs should not bow!

You might want to do some research and see who created the Dynatrac lift kit. Google: "Tony Carvallo Jeep"

So...short answer, yes, it was worth the effort to go with the Dynatrac over the Mopar kit for me. Since the install I've done some other things that made the kit even better but I'm just like most Jeep owners and can't leave well enough alone!

OP
OP
Midwest22

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Although I've spoken of wanting to leave my Rubi in stock form, and I'm quite happy with it. It does exhibit a bit of nervousness however either it's subsided or I've become used to it in the 6700 miles I've have on the vehicle now. That said, I WOULD like a small lift, and not that I dislike the stock shocks, I just dont want to deviate too much from an OEM ride, and somehow create a worst ride. You seem to feel very strongly about these shocks/suspension setup. As this is my first jeep, what is the quality of this product, compared to say Metalcloack, or perhaps one of the other manufacturers?

In essence, you've thrown a lot of your weight behind this product, and products of all shapes, sizes, and whatnot can be very subjective to others in as far as feel, etc.

I have considered the Mopar lift, but there are those "bowing" coils. Dont want that. Metalcloak, as I mentioned. Seems to have good quality products, but again I know nothing of them. Terraflex, stuff looks good but saw someone complaining about their support and warranty offerings. A plethora of others, and much to think on I guess.
Im not an expert when it comes to other brands of lift kits. But what I can say is that the ride improvement from stock to this kit is very noticeable. The springs and shocks are MUCH higher quality than what comes from the factory. One thing to note, I've added other parts that have added even more "plushness" and control to my ride (37" BFG KM3's and adjustable lower control arms set to 6.5 degrees of caster).

Personally I hated my stock Rubicon. It drove like shit! Now it drives like a dream and I absolutely LOVE it. As they say, YMMV (your mileage may vary).

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
I’ll add. I just had this lift installed and it’s worth every penny. The ride is great and why is particularly nice is how well bumps are damped. Also, no dive at all on braking (note I don’t have a winch). I had the falcon shocks on and those were very firm and offered a completely different ride. 100% better than stock, no question. But as @Midwest22 said, you may need to do some other tweaks like LCAs etc. but those are independed. As a suspension setup you can’t go wrong.

grein46087

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL
I have a 7yr/100k warranty so I hear what you're saying. BUT, if every Jeep that went to the dealership with an aftermarket lift kit was denied a claim, do you realize how many people would be screwed and how many people would STOP buying Jeeps?! How many Jeeps do you know of that have stayed stock? Personally, I know none! BTW, I have my warranty mainly for electronics. Theres a LOT more going on with the JL than the JK and its a new model so (as we have seen) the electronics are going to be buggy (among other things).

With that said, I didn't want a lift kit that had springs that bowed (Mopar). No matter how FCA tries to spin that one, springs should not bow!

You might want to do some research and see who created the Dynatrac lift kit. Google: "Tony Carvallo Jeep"

So...short answer, yes, it was worth the effort to go with the Dynatrac over the Mopar kit for me. Since the install I've done some other things that made the kit even better but I'm just like most Jeep owners and can't leave well enough alone!
Many thanks @Midwest22 - The Dynatrac was on top of list - and did hear all the reports on the bow of Mopar - but I believe your reasoning is sound on the warranty. I think your response turned the tide for decision, will go with the dynatrac

Again thank you

Sponsored

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 5-Series, Honda Civic, Honda Minivan
Just my 2 cents :). I was looking at multiple lifts for my JLUR early on in 2018 and was blessed to win the Dynatrac lift kit in an online raffle. I can say without a doubt that this kit is perfect for me. I wanted to keep a lower center of gravity, run 35” tires, and keep or improve on my stock handling. This kit was everything I was looking for and at a reasonable price (compared to the mopar lift)
Like many of you, I was early in my order to buy the new Wrangler. I had 2 orders fall through and finally had my February 12th order go through to production. I was pretty set on the early Icon lift and the guys at Icon we’re and still are great. I have pics with their Jeep next to mine early on last year. I still love my Icon rims:)
I put Cooper STT Pro 315’s on at about a thousand miles or so. I ran that with stock shocks and springs for about 10-12k. I started to have some issues with tire cupping ( usually due to heavy tires and poor shocks, misalignment or balance issues). I have been meticulous with rotating and balancing every 4-5k and keeping my pressures equal at 32-34.
The dealer as well as 2 other off road shops told me that the stock shocks were just not keeping up with the larger tires and vehicle weight. Initially, I planned on waiting for the higher stages of the Icon lift but decided to put the Endurosport on as a had it sitting in my garage. I am so glad I put this lift on my wrangler JLUR. It sits at a perfect stance and doesn’t make the 35’s look like roller skates. The Jeep rides great on and off road and after running this lift now for a few months and almost 10k miles, I love it!
I have over 20k miles on my Jeep and still can’t wait to drive it everyday. Just thinking about it makes me smile. Best wishes to all of you jeepers. Enjoy your ride!

5C55E5A4-FD93-4792-B6E8-AF7F1459829E.jpeg

20E5D0D1-9998-482C-BE23-A12E4704B6B1.jpeg

9AE17BDF-F444-47FB-8888-1525D1E9F7F3.png

7F37BB41-AF87-4942-9674-E73057EC1999.png

6F3A498D-F224-4A42-98D1-B4290B2C47B3.png

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
Just my 2 cents :). I was looking at multiple lifts for my JLUR early on in 2018 and was blessed to win the Dynatrac lift kit in an online raffle. I can say without a doubt that this kit is perfect for me. I wanted to keep a lower center of gravity, run 35” tires, and keep or improve on my stock handling. This kit was everything I was looking for and at a reasonable price (compared to the mopar lift)
Like many of you, I was early in my order to buy the new Wrangler. I had 2 orders fall through and finally had my February 12th order go through to production. I was pretty set on the early Icon lift and the guys at Icon we’re and still are great. I have pics with their Jeep next to mine early on last year. I still love my Icon rims:)
I put Cooper STT Pro 315’s on at about a thousand miles or so. I ran that with stock shocks and springs for about 10-12k. I started to have some issues with tire cupping ( usually due to heavy tires and poor shocks, misalignment or balance issues). I have been meticulous with rotating and balancing every 4-5k and keeping my pressures equal at 32-34.
The dealer as well as 2 other off road shops told me that the stock shocks were just not keeping up with the larger tires and vehicle weight. Initially, I planned on waiting for the higher stages of the Icon lift but decided to put the Endurosport on as a had it sitting in my garage. I am so glad I put this lift on my wrangler JLUR. It sits at a perfect stance and doesn’t make the 35’s look like roller skates. The Jeep rides great on and off road and after running this lift now for a few months and almost 10k miles, I love it!
I have over 20k miles on my Jeep and still can’t wait to drive it everyday. Just thinking about it makes me smile. Best wishes to all of you jeepers. Enjoy your ride!

Hey @BBDOC , nice right up and thank you for posting. I’ve been leaning towards the Dynatrac for much of the same reasoning as you.

May I ask some questions?
  • How long/many miles have you had this lift?
  • Has this alleviated the cupping? What PSI are you running?
  • How do you like the STT Pros (off thread…I know, but I’m looking at this tire/size)?
  • Are you planning on adding LCA’s?

If you’ve not put on adjustable track bars, would you mind measuring the offset on each side front and rear?

BTW, that is a really nice looking rig – very clean and with a great stance…Icon Rebounds were a perfect choice for your Jeep.

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Almost 10k miles
Yes, cupping is better and 32-34psi
Love the stt pro’s with the 315’s - They are a little louder and bumpier then new but over 20k and still plenty of bite off road and tread still looks great.
All arms are stock and no need to change these out with the lift. That being said, I am planning to change all arms and track bars later because I can and want to do so:)
Enjoy. Just Empty Every Pocket

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Its hard to go wrong with the dynatrac lift but its very hard to argue that a lift kit cured you steering issues...

Sponsored

BBDOC

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have this setup and love it. I’m running the 2” lift, yeti steering setup, and adjustable LCAs. My caster was way low. In theory you shouldn’t need LCAs, but with thes JLs you never know.

34x10.5/17 KO2s.

1E85BAC0-06BF-4474-A097-066731D7A8E1.jpeg
Yeti steering set up? Tie rod, track bar, draglink (flipped up or still down?), new steering stabilizer? What control arms did you use and did you change all of them or just front LCA? Do you feel it changed the ride even more or did you just change everything all at once? Interested because I am still contemplating what I want to put on mine as well. Nice rig

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Started my Dynatrac install yesterday but waited too late in the day to get it finished. Hope to get it all done this afternoon, just the rear to go which is easier. Got the front end installed as well as a Fox steering stabilizer and the Yeti XD track bar. That thing is a beast!

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
Yeti steering set up? Tie rod, track bar, draglink (flipped up or still down?), new steering stabilizer? What control arms did you use and did you change all of them or just front LCA? Do you feel it changed the ride even more or did you just change everything all at once? Interested because I am still contemplating what I want to put on mine as well. Nice rig
Yep. The full deal. Tie-rod, drag-link (bottom mount), track-bar. I have the fox stabilizer but was able to connect the falcon for now. (Relocation part needed from steersmarts for the Fox). Once I have the bracket I’ll install the fox stabilizer.

Steering is much firmer/planted. A big improvement. The LCAs are teraflex alpine adjustable set at 24 and 5/8”. I started with 24 and 1/4 but still had wander.

All in this is a great setup. Couldn’t be happier with the dynatrac lift - said it before, but worth saying again - the damping is amazing. Today it was -8, and the ride still felt great. AND the look and stance are great too.

The steersmarts set-up, some will say overkill, but no regrets and well worth it.
Sponsored

Last edited: