Sponsored

Which Winch plate lines up best with OEM bumper?

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I'm going to order the Smittybilt x20 10k with synthetic today. I remember seeing some of the winch plates not lining up all that well and people having to re-drill holes. This is something I am going to install myself, having never done a winch before, I want the plate that will line up the best. Anyone have this exact setup and had a plate line up perfectly?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I just ordered Rusty’s winch plate. It had decent reviews on fitment, having all the right parts and instructions. It’s also made of 1/4” last cut steel. There were cheaper ones out there that are made with 3/16” steel.

OP
OP
Chemy350

Chemy350

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Mortgage Loan Officer
I just ordered Rusty’s winch plate. It had decent reviews on fitment, having all the right parts and instructions. It’s also made of 1/4” last cut steel. There were cheaper ones out there that are made with 3/16” steel.
thank you for the reply. I certainly don't want the cheapest- but don't need to waste money either :) Sounds like you have not installed it yet, correct?

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
thank you for the reply. I certainly don't want the cheapest- but don't need to waste money either :) Sounds like you have not installed it yet, correct?
No, just ordered today. Quadratec is a great place to deal with. I got the Rusty’s plate for a very good price. There may be others just as good that are cheaper, but $200-250 seems to be the going price

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
I used the warn winch plate. Everything lined up perfectly except the rear bolts on the bottom of the skid plate. I just needed to file the holes a bit wider and was able to get those bolts back in.

Highly recommended. It’s a very solid design. Filing the holes by hand only took a few minutes, but I did take the time to throw some paint on the bare metal because I’m a bit ocd with my Jeep :like:

There is another thread here that goes into the install in-depth, and some videos too.
Sponsored