Sponsored

Dear Jeep, please don't make a "weird" hybrid version of the Wrangler...

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Dear @JeepCares ,

Please pass along to "the powers that be" that I'm hoping that when the plug in hybrid Wrangler comes out the powertrain will be available on "normal" Sport / Sahara / Rubicon / etc. models and that it's not some "weird" standalone model that takes away from it being a "normal" Wrangler.

Love,
A future plug in hybrid Wrangler buyer
Sponsored

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
If history is any guide It will most likely be a hybrid only model with a goofy baby blue exclusive color and have some ridiculous 30” hybrid wheels with low rolling resistance tires. And it will be 2wd only. And the cloth seats will have leaves and vines printed all over them.

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Dear @JeepCares ,

Please pass along to "the powers that be" that I'm hoping that when the plug in hybrid Wrangler comes out the powertrain will be available on "normal" Sport / Sahara / Rubicon / etc. models and that it's not some "weird" standalone model that takes away from it being a "normal" Wrangler.

Love,
A future plug in hybrid Wrangler buyer
It’ll probably have 900lbs of torque from 0 RPM and put every other Wrangler to shame. So many advantages to having an electric motor.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
It’ll probably have 900lbs of torque from 0 RPM and put every other Wrangler to shame. So many advantages to having an electric motor.
Maybe they'll use the hellcat engine. Best of both worlds. Awesome hybrid :like:
:jk:

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I doubt a hybrid would be available for the Rubicon or MOAB. Doesn't make much sense for someone to want the fuel efficiency of a hybrid and then have big, inefficient tires. I would imagine Jeep would try and squeeze every MPG they can out of a hybrid. A Hybrid Wrangler is already going to have limited appeal, Jeep will probably just streamline them into one trim for build efficiency.

manuka

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR (on order), 2017 Chevy Volt
Dear @JeepCares,

I have a Rubicon today, and while I am looking forward to the PlugIn, I would only purchase if I can get it on a Rubicon capable type of trim.... I hope you recognize that your average Jeep owner would not consider a PlugIn with improved mileage being the key focus. The average Jeep owner will likely consider a PlugIn for the massive improvements in Torque and the capabilities it could add to the platform.

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
Dear @JeepCares,

I have a Rubicon today, and while I am looking forward to the PlugIn, I would only purchase if I can get it on a Rubicon capable type of trim.... I hope you recognize that your average Jeep owner would not consider a PlugIn with improved mileage being the key focus. The average Jeep owner will likely consider a PlugIn for the massive improvements in Torque and the capabilities it could add to the platform.
The rock krawlers want torque, the overlanders will want extended range and solar recharge.

Sponsored

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
That’s my worry, that they’ll make it look stupid

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
The transportation industry is dropping hybrids like hot potatoes in favor of full electric. The torque offered by an all electric Jeep would be phenomenal, but range (measure in miles onroad or hours off road) is the achilles heal for now. We may or may not want it but electric is happening, and happening fast!!

OP
OP
pantheman75

pantheman75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cherokee Limited, 2023 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
The only noticable difference will be the plug and a sticker.
I believe that the dash and wheels are different when comparing FCA's Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid... I'd bet the Jeep does something similar too.

xjgary

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Cherokee XJ
I believe that the dash and wheels are different when comparing FCA's Pacifica and Pacifica Hybrid... I'd bet the Jeep does something similar too.
I meant on the outside. Yes, the instrumentation and controls will have to be a bit different.
Sponsored