JLUR + Lift + 37 and parking garage

kylebw7

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Discovery, 392 Daytona, JK
My parking garage for my condo I live in is eight feet I believe. My second condo I use for work has at least ten feet of clearance (20+ in most areas) in that parking garage but that one is shared with two condo buildings and a hotel

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
My parking garage for my condo I live in is eight feet I believe. My second condo I use for work has at least ten feet of clearance (20+ in most areas) in that parking garage but that one is shared with two condo buildings and a hotel
That's cool, but how does this help the OP? :giggle:

Sponsored

ebelp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (bright white)
Vehicle Showcase
I have not got it done yet. What really makes me wonder about the current parking garage is...I see a new raptor parked in here with me. Looking online it states they are 78.5" tall. If a stock Rubicon is 72"....add 3" for lift....add 2" for bump from 33 - 37 tires...total is 77", a full 1.5" lower than Raptor.

I am wondering if perhaps the lower few levels have a higher clearance than higher levels.
Man I can't believe how big those Raptors are in stock form. When no one is looking, grab a tape and measure the height of that Raptor in your garage just to be sure. It would suck if you went with your 2nd choice of lift/tires/etc. only to find out you could've fit in there with your first choice setup!

OP
OP

LostAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Man I can't believe how big those Raptors are in stock form. When no one is looking, grab a tape and measure the height of that Raptor in your garage just to be sure. It would suck if you went with your 2nd choice of lift/tires/etc. only to find out you could've fit in there with your first choice setup!
I have actually thought about that. And I totally agree its crazy how big they are. I think the height is kind of deceiving due to how wide it is.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I would do the lift first, then drive in the garage and see how you fit, then choose the tire size. However, for some reference, my '07 JKU had a 4" lift with 37s with a garvin roof rack. I could not fit in the TIA short term garage, which is 6'8" (I hit the bar and backed up once), but I could fit in long term, which is 7'10". Keep in mind the roof rack easily added 4", and probably more like 6-8.

Hope that helps ;)

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Parking garages usually list height as lowest height for entire garage to be safe. I’d drive around your parking garage and bring a tape measure (digital tape measure would make it easier - Bosch is sweet) and see if where you normally park if you’ll fit.

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Mopar lift with 37" tires and was in a 6' 8" parking garage the other night. Pulled up to the girl in the booth, she looks at the Jeep and says... it'll fit..hehe. When measuring the Jeep earlier in the night it looked to be 6' 5" high and it had maybe 4 inches from the low parts of the garage ceiling. If you still have the stock antenna you can use it as a guide.

SHYUperman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392
So I had the same concern and prior to buying my lift and wheels/tires I PMed people for their heights. My garage at home and work is a max of 6' 8"

So with my RK 2.5 xfactor lift with my 37 Ridge Graps (and softtop), I'm around 6' 7" I tested my garage out tonight

Going to have to see how I do with my work garage

tINFuIC.jpg

Y5kPvUU.jpg
Sponsored