Aftermarket JL Lift Kit suspension options master list

lostse7en

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2D
Thank you! Yeah a couple hundred dollars is not that bad for a lift that gives u more tire clearance, better look and maintaining the same feel. spending over $1500 on a full on lift that most likely I won't have the need for, as I don't plan on putting 35s or larger, was one of my concerns. And I agree, the market is still young and by summer will see plenty of parts to choose from.
I have the RC budget boost lift and at least for me I'm having issues with bump/brake steer and feedback. It definitely got the look I wanted and allowed me to put some 35's on my JL2D, but I'm regreting waisting the 200$ and not just getting an entry-level lift. I'm looking at JKS 2.5in lift that comes with most everything you need. (jks lift # jspec117k). To be level I'm new to off roading and still learning a lot about caster, pinion etc.
Sponsored

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
JKS makes good products. We definitely do not recommend caster bolts to anyone though. Adjustable control arms or geometry correction brackets are a much better way to go. The biggest things you need to know no matter what brand you go with is;

*) Make sure the axles are square side to side (track bars or track bar brackets)
*) You have some form of front caster correction (control arms or geometry correction brackets)

Those are the biggest items that involve driveability. The rest is up to you really.

JC7

First Name
Jdog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon
What's the difference between competition and a high end Evo kit with king shocks? Aside them from coilovers and being about 1k more.

Magnum G.I.

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT, 2019 JLU rubicon white
Occupation
physician
Who's excited for the Maximus-3 Geo Lift?! I Just put on their beta test 4.5” lift and the ride is incredible. Tracks better than a train and smoother than my SRT Jeep with air ride suspension. I haven’t even gotten an alignment yet and cruises fine hauling 90 mph down the expressway with my hands off the wheel. The unique brackets address not only caster correction but pinion angle as well. Also just to show the height difference between the two, and It also compares High Steer Maximus-3 Jeep with their new 3.5” geo lift to my Jeep with their 4.5” lift

DDDA3293-F303-4707-AEBA-DF1FE9B01F98.png

547AEBB1-927E-4DE1-9968-E52581AAB1F5.jpeg

6B0A0AFB-9159-4955-A3CC-3720A80CE6CA.jpeg

54CCC63E-4BAC-41D0-AF07-C879755BB545.jpeg

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
That’s not a lift. That’s a geometry correction kit. Without new coils you’re not lifting anything

Sponsored

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
Who's excited for the Maximus-3 Geo Lift?! I Just put on their beta test 4.5” lift and the ride is incredible. Tracks better than a train and smoother than my SRT Jeep with air ride suspension. I haven’t even gotten an alignment yet and cruises fine hauling 90 mph down the expressway with my hands off the wheel. The unique brackets address not only caster correction but pinion angle as well. Also just to show the height difference between the two, and It also compares High Steer Maximus-3 Jeep with their new 3.5” geo lift to my Jeep with their 4.5” lift

DDDA3293-F303-4707-AEBA-DF1FE9B01F98.png

547AEBB1-927E-4DE1-9968-E52581AAB1F5.jpeg

6B0A0AFB-9159-4955-A3CC-3720A80CE6CA.jpeg
Did you add a new drive shaft?

Magnum G.I.

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
physician
Did you add a new drive shaft?
Not needed as front control arms geometry correction brackets correct pinion angle to drive shaft during articulation cycles
That’s not a lift. That’s a geometry correction kit. Without new coils you’re not lifting anything
it comes with Fox performance shocks and cool springs as well. In addition to a new flipped draglink

Magnum G.I.

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
physician
I can take photos showing the caster, pinion, and drive shaft angles

Magnum G.I.

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
physician
It’s the New Year and everyone has probably given up on their New Years resolutions already. Well no worries, one way to keep atleast your jeep on the straight and narrow path is the Maximus-3 Geo-lift and high steer kit. I took some sweet photos so you can see the geo lift correction component.
Photo#1 Up front you can see the new bracket for the steering stabilizer shock and front track bar.
Photo #2 Difficult angle but above you can see the new flipped draglink.
Photo #3 This is an example of the brake line relocation brackets you have 4 all toghether.
Photo #4 #5 Next up you can see the front geobrackets for the upper and lower control arms.
Photo #6 Shot from the rear you can see the Maximus-3 rear track bar bracket

Photo #7 I tried to show the pinion angle best I could

View attachment 130187

View attachment 130192

7A022652-5BD2-4EB6-A8B9-42D84EA855D1.jpeg

6E71A55F-06B2-4DCE-82DF-F66B3FDB4C3C.jpeg

BFDE88FA-BC12-40B5-899B-0364BD95EEA4.jpeg

D804E9A2-C440-4839-AB5A-234A70C27457.jpeg

E087A051-6220-4ED0-9A07-A024174C8A95.jpeg

912D6853-444E-430A-8FE4-2DDF506D8E35.jpeg

8724E0B3-4B5C-41A5-BAF4-DC33B85C1D69.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Magnum G.I.

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
physician
got some dirt at least on the wheels, but I will finally be taking it off round in the next couple weeks.

hi.jpg

hi2.jpg

Sponsored

Sven

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Grey JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Doc, great posts! I love the stance of the Magnum G.I. and as a child of the 80s, I appreciate the nod to one of my favorite T.V. Shows of all time. Apollo and Zeus would approve.

I spoke to the guys at Maximus-3 and have read the posts and forum input, and I'm intrigued! It will depend on pricing and a few other concerns. I just ordered a JLUR to replace my '14 JKUR as my D.D. - ride is really important and so is keeping the C.G. as low as possible as this rig will see the trails. I'll keep you posted.

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Rock Krawler looks to need shocks & bumpstops. Depending on shock length you may need to extend wiring/brake lines etc, but I'm not certain on this since most kits I've installed on the JL are fairly short travel. I'm sure RK will have a kit that includes their shocks and everything else needed in the near future.
The Fabtech kit includes everything to get you on the road, but is nowhere near as inclusive as the RK kit. Some people are more/less sensitive to how the Jeep drives on the street. Things like control arms to correct caster, trackbars to recenter the axles, or trackbar brackets to raise the rollcenter of the Jeep all attempt to bring the Jeep back to within factory spec. I personally didn't notice much of a difference going from stock to a 2.5" spacer lift(temporary) but I also went to much larger tires at the same time.
While in the progress of reading this thread, a question occurred to me with your post here. I figured if it has been asked, I'll get to it but in case it hadn't....

From what I can tell, basically the MOPAR 2" and RK Adventure Series Stock Mod 2.5" are the same thing generally speaking. The exception is the ability to add onto the RK Kits down the road. From what I have read, many have added RK parts to their MOPAR kits without an issue.

Which leads to my question... I don't do rock crawling but I do like trails and off road exploring. I want to run 37x13.5" tires, so I am looking at either the MOPAR or the RK 2.5". If I go the MOPAR route, for "warranty", I can add the RK Flex arms later for the flexibility in the event I want to try a few rocks? Or should I go the RK route from the start?

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
While in the progress of reading this thread, a question occurred to me with your post here. I figured if it has been asked, I'll get to it but in case it hadn't....

From what I can tell, basically the MOPAR 2" and RK Adventure Series Stock Mod 2.5" are the same thing generally speaking. The exception is the ability to add onto the RK Kits down the road. From what I have read, many have added RK parts to their MOPAR kits without an issue.

Which leads to my question... I don't do rock crawling but I do like trails and off road exploring. I want to run 37x13.5" tires, so I am looking at either the MOPAR or the RK 2.5". If I go the MOPAR route, for "warranty", I can add the RK Flex arms later for the flexibility in the event I want to try a few rocks? Or should I go the RK route from the start?
You can add onto any kit you purchase. The RK kits just make it more seamless, and pretty much guarantee that certain parts will work with others you already have installed from them.

Personally I would go with the Mopar kit if ride quality is your #1 priority. You don't really need any other control arms with that kit, but I would advise getting an adjustable front trackbar to center the axle. If you decide later you want adjustable control arms I would look at the Metalcloak arms. I love the ride quality/flexibility from their duroflex joints. :beer:

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
You can add onto any kit you purchase. The RK kits just make it more seamless, and pretty much guarantee that certain parts will work with others you already have installed from them.

Personally I would go with the Mopar kit if ride quality is your #1 priority. You don't really need any other control arms with that kit, but I would advise getting an adjustable front trackbar to center the axle. If you decide later you want adjustable control arms I would look at the Metalcloak arms. I love the ride quality/flexibility from their duroflex joints. :beer:
That makes things easier and a lot of sense! Thanks.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT

There is a lot of similarities but some substantial differences too.

The triple rate springs in our kit provide a great ride quality and a very long free length which helps with a long travel shock.

The TT Shocks on our 2.5" have 11.8" of travel in the front and 13.7" of travel in the rear.

The front track bar is included in the Stock Mod for axle centering and the rear track bar bracket provides centering and roll center correction for the rear.

The Stock Mod does not have front lower control arms to provide caster correction, although a lot of people replace the front lowers in the kit you're comparing it to anyway. We make all of our parts available so even if you want something not listed as a solo part on the website, we can make that happen for you.
Sponsored