Sponsored

2017 JK Unlimited Rubicon with 35" and all options + AEV 2.5" Lift Trade in Value?

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Yeah but that’s a 2014, we’re twking a 9 month old Jeep. My f150s hold their value better after 2 years (which I find odd).
True it was a 2014. But I only had 27k miles on it which could be less than a 2017 depending on usage.
Sponsored

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Power Wagon, 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4-X, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL
Occupation
Ramblin Man
I was told 34000 or 40000 as a trade in value with less than 8000KMs (not even 10 months old?)

Am I missing something? Tires and lift were 7K, all options nothing I can add

Canada btw
You're def getting ripped off on that trade in....maybe 40K US dollars....but not 40K Canadian. If I were you, as hard as it might be, I'd at least try to do a private sale...or travel out of province to see if you could get a better deal. We had that same problem all the time when we lived in Fredericton NB. The lack of competition meant that dealerships were lazy and would almost never give you a deal. When we moved to AB we literally had them fighting with each other for our business. For example, the same 2015 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition ended up costing us $15 000 dollars (thats right thousand) less than the exact same one in New Brunswick. They are hoping to cash in on your desperation to upgrade....don't let them do it.

56nomad56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ocean Blue JLU Sahara
Wonder if the release of the JL has hurt your resale value. I've been looking at low mileage JKs for my son, but then I caught myself thinking, "why would I spend close to $40K on a 2016 JKUR with low miles, when I can spend $45K on a JLU Rubicon or Sahara with a full warranty and all the improvements?"

I'm not knocking your Jeep, just saying the market for JKs might take a hit now that the new model is hitting dealerships.

I've never done significant mods to my cars, for the reason other posters have stated: dealerships won't give you increased value on your trade, and private parties have to really like what you've done. Some people will buy a modded vehicle and call it a day, others prefer to start with a blank slate and put their own personalization into it.

brantb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ram 1500, charger daytona 392
You may be experiencing the effect of a new incoming model on the outgoing model. This is good news for folks that have been looking at Wranglers, but unfortunately it does not help your situation.

Almost a year ago, I traded my '14 JKUR with an AEV 2.5, the dealer offered me 30k, when I told them I wanted 35k they didn't even blink an eye. I am going to suffer on trading my '17 WK2 Trailhawk on the JLUR.

OT, but what is the dealership offering for the WK2?

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
OT, but what is the dealership offering for the WK2?
I haven't gotten to that part quite yet, since I work for the man, I have to get through the "shut down" first. They haven't done me wrong yet, this will be my third purchase with this dealer so I guess I will have to wait and see. I don't think I am upside-down, so I have some equity which will help. The JLUR I am going to order is like 4-5k more than the WK2 was a year ago.

My Trailhawk isn't maxed out on options, but it is set up nicely with the 5.7 Hemi, but I didn't want the nannies that they offer now, like park sense etc.
Sponsored