Sponsored

Which type of wax?

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Mothers, Meguiars, or turtle wax ice? Anyone have any suggestions or experience? I prefer paste over liquid
Sponsored

LeoTheDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Actually if it's the white Jeep in your picture, I recommend P21S. I got the best results using that one (and I've spent literally hundreds if not thousands of dollars on various waxes/sealants to try on white).

Personally I get better results from sealants on white, but if you're set on wax then you should try this one out.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Clay bar and turtle wax ice is pretty good especially if you dont have body color flairs...

Sponsored

MidMo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 TJ / 2001 WJ / 2017 Ram 3500HD / 2019 JLU Moab
The type of paint protection you end up choosing should really all depend on what you want for protection or your desired “look”. A sealant will last longer, give better overall protection and a great shine but most wont give the deep wet look of the old carnauba paste waxes, which may only last a couple months. You can wax over most sealants if you are inclined to try to bring out a deeper shine. Either way, start with the a clean clay bar or similar product to remove any contamination from the paint to prevent sealing that crud in...letting the wax/sealant fill the void. Oh...and to answer your question directly, I have always liked the Mequiar’s products. Just my two cents...

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I have been using Adam‘s car care products for years, kind of expensive but very good!

Timmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited MOAB - 2019 RAM Limited
Boy, have I seen this conversation many times over the years and they all end the same way. Frankly, there's not a huge difference from wax to wax except the lower end.

You'll always hear Meguiars, Mother's and the usual suspects as well as a few you've never heard of. They're all good. However, after 20+ years of detailing my vehicles (I wax the back of my wheels even) fell in love with Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. You can get it at most boat stores like Marine West or Amazon. If it's good enough for planes and boats, it's good enough for you. Also, you wax everything including the plastic with this wax. There's no residue. Don't wax your windshield; it will take months to stop making a film when you use your wipers.

I typically love to use a random orbital buffer to apply, but the Jeep Wrangler has too many parts sticking out. When you buff, you have to wax around door handles, etc. so that does not leave a lot of areas to buff on the Wrangler.

The last vehicle I had for 15 months and the wax was still beading off.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Collinite 476 around every 8-12mos. Maintaining the protection using Optimum Spray Wax monthly after washing. The best part about Optimum, is that it can be used on the vinyl trim and moldings, so over spray isn't a problem.

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I recommend Mothers Carnauba wax. It really provides a nice shine and protection.

Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Collinite 476 around every 8-12mos. Maintaining the protection using Optimum Spray Wax monthly after washing. The best part about Optimum, is that it can be used on the vinyl trim and moldings, so over spray isn't a problem.
Never tried 476 but Collinite 845 is an amazing product!

That being said i have not used any wax or sealers for years. Ceramic coating is the way to go IMO.

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I use high quality carnuba wax on my Lexus, but I’m going to go with a synthetic on the Jeep. The paint is ok, but I’m not going to see that deep shine look like with the Lexus. I try to wash it every week. If it’s not super filthy I use this “waterless car wash”. Which is also a wax. It’s good for touch ups too when the bugs get the front end.
90E3B387-21D6-4290-9518-1B8BC9C5EEC0.jpeg

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
has anyone done the clay bar, decontamination, and paint correction followed up with ceramic coating?

i'm thinking of having mark do this to my JL in the spring. his finished product looks amazing. plus he is only a half hour from me.

he runs a motorcycle restoration business and does this detailing on cars/bikes/snowmachines, etc.
https://www.facebook.com/hutchinsonrestorations/ for anyone on facebook that is interested to see the results.

lsufan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Any additional input on waxes that wont leave the black plastic trim white. I would like to clay bar and wax here in the coming weeks while the weather is still good.

Kenworth27

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Jk Sahara
Do your regular wash and use P&S bead maker as a drying aid when u dry the Jeep. It’s faster and comparable to any paste wax I’ve used. Holds up well to and water beads up
Sponsored