Sponsored

Service Electronic Stability Control ('19 w/ 460 miles)

tachyon9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ8 Scrambler, 2019 JLUR
On Dec 23rd, the "Service Electronic Stability Control" message and check engine light came on my 2019 Mojito Rubicon with 460 miles.

When the message came on I lost all power above 2000 rpm. Fortunately I have a manual and was able to get it parked. A few hours later I was able to start it up... the check engine light was still on but it seemed to drive ok. Dealer/service wasn't open until Dec 26 and they got me in on the 27th. By the time I got to the dealer, the check engine light had gone off.

They looked at it and said there were several fault codes but couldn't tell what the issue was. They cleared them out and called me to pick it up. On Dec 29th I went in to pick it up, they drove it around, and the check engine light was still on so they saw there were several faults in the computer and kept it for someone to look into it.

They called me on Wed Jan 2nd that it was ready for pick up. I was out of town and come in today (Jan. 7) to pick it up. Check engine light was on again.

I mentioned the star case about ESC to the service manager when I initially brought it in, so I'm not sure if they're looking into the vacuum system. 460 Miles!

ESC.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
tachyon9

tachyon9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: Received an update from service today. They said that they have ordered a gas pedal and will hopefully have it installed to verify the fix soon.

OP
OP
tachyon9

tachyon9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: They got the new gas pedal installed, but the computer was still showing the fault. They said there is a bad solder on the wiring harness to the gas pedal, so they're ordering a new harness.