XPEL PPF Thread

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
My JLU has been in the shop for the past few days getting an @XPEL treatment (grill, hood, front and rear fenders, a-pillars). Apparently, the product pieces had to be special ordered and the piece for the hood that arrived was intended for a JK, so the installer had to request the correct piece for the JL. So far the installer seems good, has solid reviews online, and has kept me up to speed with the incorrect part being delivered. So far so good. I was a bit surprised they went the direction of ordering pre-cut pieces to cover whole panels.

For those that have done XPEL on the JL did your installer order pre-cut pieces for each panel or do everything by hand? My quote was $2,650 for those interested.
Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
From what i have read pre cut is safer from accidental cuts into the surface. I have been looking at front end kits to try it myself. Probably start with door sills to get a feel for it first.

1idrod

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ritterhomesinc.com
Vehicle(s)
06 GMC 3/4 Diesel, 02 V-Rod
Occupation
Builder
I was quoted today $6200 for grill, hood, front quarters painted fenders, doors and rear quarters with painted fenders. No thank you !!

OP
OP
JoeBelt

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I was quoted today $6200 for grill, hood, front quarters painted fenders, doors and rear quarters with painted fenders. No thank you !!
That does sound obnoxiously high. One issue may be that @XPEL doesn’t have the plotter files available for some areas of the JL making it a custom job. I just received my Jeep today and only the front face of the rear fenders are wrapped. I was expecting the whole fender, but I’d be willing to bet the plotter only cuts the front.

Installers pay for a subscription, so if you ask for something that isn’t yet available it becomes custom.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I got mine done months and months ago. My guy had the software and pattern for everything minus the rear section around the windows so not sure why yours didn’t. He cuts all his own patterns and then custom when needed. It’s been available for months, like if I remember mine was done last June or so.

I did all painted surfaces except top of the roof and rear gate. $3,800 or so.
Sponsored