Sponsored

2019 Sahara 6MT Selec-Trac Confirmed

MOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLUW 2.0T (Hella Yella), ‘23 JLW 2.0T (Sarge)
Just got off the phone with a local dealer and they have confirmed with Jeep that the 2019 Sahara 6MT is an available build option.

EF630653-89CA-492C-B67A-1A161CA2FDAA.jpeg
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Just got off the phone with a local dealer and they have confirmed with Jeep that the 2019 Sahara 6MT is an available build option.

EF630653-89CA-492C-B67A-1A161CA2FDAA.jpeg
I'm pretty sure a Sahara comes "standard" with 6MT, and this says nothing about having SelecTrac (unless I'm missing something).

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
2018 MT was NOT available with selec-trac, and as above poster stated, that screen shot does not show selec-trac option.

Sponsored

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
I've fallen for this tease before. Until I see a Moroney listing that combo, I call B.S.

OP
OP

MOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok... my bad... I took the person at their word that they spoke with Jeep and it is an available option, then I missed the fact that the option does not appear on the document. Sorry. I will call again tomorrow and get it right OR validate my worst fears... that 2019 availability is still a fantasy.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Interesting, when you order a Trac Loc (anti spin) rear end you get AT tires, when you add "Selec-Trac" the change the tires to HT's, sucks but true!! Assume mall crawler I guess. I did not know this until I got my Sahara, HT's?? I do some moderate Off road so I bought a set of Falken AT'3s and they are great, The HT's I took off were Bridgestones. Nice and quiet, better MPG really iffy off road, especially with anything slick! The Falkens are fairly quiet but the mileage has dropped considerably even taking winter gas into the formula??

I can see why jeep maybe does not want a manual with "Selec Trac"?? I'm not so sure it is that great an option, have really only used it to break in some of the parts, 4wd Hi is fine, pavement dry's out shift into 2wd.I guess if we get a week with lotsa snow my wife will feel more relaxed with "Selec Trac"? She's stole the damn thing from me anyway!!!!I'm stuck with my old 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, "Selec-everything" Snow, sand, rock, low and low rear locker, poor me! lol I did really hope I'd have a JLU, she loves it poor me!

Go Jeep!!!

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I got the AT tires with anti spin rear and the SelecTrac. My dealer asked me which tires I wanted and seleted them. Pretty smart on his part I guess.

Sponsored

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
I got the AT tires with anti spin rear and the SelecTrac. My dealer asked me which tires I wanted and seleted them. Pretty smart on his part I guess.
Same set up with me. Sahara, AT tires, anti spin and SelecTrac, couldn't be happier. Tremendous performance in the snow. Rubicon owners cover your ears . . . . . . this set up is much better in the snow than my 2014 JKUR with the stock mud tires . . . . ok, Rubicon owners, it's safe now.

Love the Jeep, makes me smile every day, unlike any other vehicle on the road...commute, mall, top down, trail ride to camp with the family, ride on the sand, tow the sailboat, drive a hunting trail, warm the steering wheel. :)

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The "A/T" tires on Sahara/Sport models are so mild that they may as well be labeled as H/T tires. I guarantee both would perform the same on and off road. But, the H/T offerings are actually a tad larger to the tape measure than the Dueler A/T they use. So if you get the H/T tires, don't worry about it.

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
You can always change tires, but there is no reasonable way to swap in an automatic transfer case in a 6MT JL.

Despite the OP's claims, I contend Jeep will never offer the Selec-Trac+6MT combo in the U.S., just because of the liability when idiots grenade their transfer case by dumping the clutch in 4Auto.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Paffemt, you are correct your salesman/dealership was on the ball. I disagree a bit WXman, I had Bridgestone AT tires on my JKU and liked them lots better than the HT's that came on my JLU, specially in the snow!

Got Falkens now like them a lot, Selec Trak ah maybe it'll prove worthwhile right now 12k no so sure?? Wifes excited, "wow, I can just leave in 4wd all winter, right?" Ya,I suppose... We really have not used Selec Trac except to break in "stuff"?

Go jeep!!!

OP
OP

MOS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dealer called back today and confirmed they were wrong. No Sahara 6MT with Selec-Trac in ‘19.

Sorry for the misinformation.
Sponsored