Service electric throttle

Georgew48

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Started out for a 45 mile drive to my doctors appt this morning and got about a mile down the road when the service the electric throttle light came on and the Jeep wouldn’t go over about 10 miles an hour. I turned around and limped back home to get my truck. After I got home I decided to shut the Jeep off and restart it. After restarting it it ran fine so I went ahead and drove it the 90 mile round trip to my doctors appt. no problems since and my vehicle health report says everything is fine. Not sure what to make of it. Going in to the dealer tomorrow for the off road pages update and will have them check it out.
Sponsored

Willcbooth

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2015 Lexus GS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
This just happened to mine a few minutes ago. Drove 1k miles to WV no problems all week. It’s been considerably colder here than in TX where I’m from. Today after driving around all day, the Jeep sat for about an hour and when we got back to make the 20min trip back to the house, I felt it was idling oddly. I pulled over a couple blocks from the house to let someone else drive, as soon as she put it into drive “service electronic throttle” came on and the Jeep limped at 15mph. I told her to stop and put it in park, and it went away and was able to drive it to the house at normal speeds. But it was still idling oddly like it was surging. May have to take it to the dealer tomorrow before I head back to TX in the morning.

OP
OP
Georgew48

Georgew48

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
I wonder if it is cold related. We just had a big snow storm a
This just happened to mine a few minutes ago. Drove 1k miles to WV no problems all week. It’s been considerably colder here than in TX where I’m from. Today after driving around all day, the Jeep sat for about an hour and when we got back to make the 20min trip back to the house, I felt it was idling oddly. I pulled over a couple blocks from the house to let someone else drive, as soon as she put it into drive “service electronic throttle” came on and the Jeep limped at 15mph. I told her to stop and put it in park, and it went away and was able to drive it to the house at normal speeds. But it was still idling oddly like it was surging. May have to take it to the dealer tomorrow before I head back to TX in the morning.
I wonder if it is temp related. We just had a big snowstorm and it was in the teens this morning. Coldest it has been since I bought it.

Willcbooth

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2015 Lexus GS350 FSport
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if it is cold related. We just had a big snow storm a

I wonder if it is temp related. We just had a big snowstorm and it was in the teens this morning. Coldest it has been since I bought it.
I haven’t had a problem the entire time I’ve been here...at one point it was in the low teens and never had an issue. I’ve started it after sitting for hours in the low 20’s and haven’t had an issue. It was around 35 when it happened today.
Sponsored