TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
This would be simple. Aux 1 sending 40 Amps to the pressure switch wouldn’t be a prob? And nothing needed with the blue pressure switch wire?
The dark blue from the pressure switch and the relay is still needed. The red and dark blue trigger the relay and allows power from the battery to get to the compressor motor.

Edit: and it is not sending 40 amps to the pressure switch/relay. It draws only what is needed to flip the relay. Probably less than 1amp.

Mrbiggerstaff

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Rubicon
The dark blue from the pressure switch and the relay is still needed. The red and dark blue trigger the relay and allows power from the battery to get to the compressor motor.

Edit: and it is not sending 40 amps to the pressure switch/relay. It draws only what is needed to flip the relay. Probably less than 1amp.
There’s the small black coming out of the relay also. Do I need to rewire that back in and ground it or no?

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
There’s the small black coming out of the relay also. Do I need to rewire that back in and ground it or no?
Yes. All the wires for the relay need to be used.

Sponsored

Mrbiggerstaff

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Rubicon
That worked. Thanks. Didn’t have to go to the battery. Red power wire and red pressure switch to the Aux 1. Ground and small ground from relay to same kick plate frame bolt.
Wish I figured it out before cutting up the harness! But I learned a lot. Thanks.

KinderMojo

First Name
Adel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl Sport S. GMC Sierra, Mercedes G63
Occupation
Engineer
Firstly, thanks a lot for the write up, it helped a ton since the instructions from the MORE bracket were next to useless and there are no youtube videos up yet.

I've done everything but need help with the switches. I wanted to use the switch on the bracket instead of using one of my AUX switches. I tested the compressor by connecting the purple plug to the aux switches and all worked fine but doesn't work with the arb switch on the mount. (I discarded the whole harness and only using the plug with the purple wire)

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Firstly, thanks a lot for the write up, it helped a ton since the instructions from the MORE bracket were next to useless and there are no youtube videos up yet.

I've done everything but need help with the switches. I wanted to use the switch on the bracket instead of using one of my AUX switches. I tested the compressor by connecting the purple plug to the aux switches and all worked fine but doesn't work with the arb switch on the mount. (I discarded the whole harness and only using the plug with the purple wire)
Hmm, going based on memory, it should be as simple as running your power source to the switch and then the other switch lead to the purple wire but I can’t remember what that switch looked like since I tossed it.

KinderMojo

First Name
Adel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Hmm, going based on memory, it should be as simple as running your power source to the switch and then the other switch lead to the purple wire but I can’t remember what that switch looked like since I tossed it.
Ya that's what I was guessing, does the power source come directly from the battery or can be from anywhere??

OP
OP
TroyBoy

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Ya that's what I was guessing, does the power source come directly from the battery or can be from anywhere??
The power for the purple wire is low amp so it can come from anywhere. It’s just for flipping a relay inside the compressor.

Sponsored

KinderMojo

First Name
Adel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
The power for the purple wire is low amp so it can come from anywhere. It’s just for flipping a relay inside the compressor.
Thanks a lot, tested everything out and worked perfectly, now just need to finish up..

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@TroyBoy can you comment on how well the compressor itself works? How long does it take to air up a tire? I’ve been looking at compressors and CO2, the thing with CO2, if you’re away from a place to fill a tank, you’re SOL.

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
@TroyBoy can you comment on how well the compressor itself works? How long does it take to air up a tire? I’ve been looking at compressors and CO2, the thing with CO2, if you’re away from a place to fill a tank, you’re SOL.
I can fill 4 37’s at once from 15 to 30 psi in a few minutes near sea level and around 5 minutes at 6000’. I didn’t time at altitude, but I had 3/4 beer left.

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I can fill 4 37’s at once from 15 to 30 psi in a few minutes near sea level and around 5 minutes at 6000’. I didn’t time at altitude, but I had 3/4 beer left.
That’s really good timing! I think this might be a winner.