Sponsored

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2016 JKU, 2001 Harley Road King Classic, 1949 Chevy Fleetline, 1958 Chevy Apache
i guess I’m not alone...we traded in our Toyota FJ Cruiser (spare vehicle for us and our daughter) for a 2016 wrangler Sahara unlimited...9 days later I traded in my 2016 Cadillac Escalade luxury edition for a brand new 2018 Wrangler Sahara unlimited JL. Glad to know that I’m not crazy and many people that have luxury vehicles feel the same about these Wranglers...the ride is amazing, the features are top notch, etc. I wouldn’t have traded the caddy if I thought otherwise. Besides the Toyota, I’m a GM girl thru and thru (I also have a 58 Apache and a 49 fleetline), but have fallen in love with the Jeep as well!
Sponsored

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
i guess I’m not alone...we traded in our Toyota FJ Cruiser (spare vehicle for us and our daughter) for a 2016 wrangler Sahara unlimited...9 days later I traded in my 2016 Cadillac Escalade luxury edition for a brand new 2018 Wrangler Sahara unlimited JL. Glad to know that I’m not crazy and many people that have luxury vehicles feel the same about these Wranglers...the ride is amazing, the features are top notch, etc. I wouldn’t have traded the caddy if I thought otherwise. Besides the Toyota, I’m a GM girl thru and thru (I also have a 58 Apache and a 49 fleetline), but have fallen in love with the Jeep as well!
Welcome to the Family!!!

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
You’re not alone at all. My 3 cars that preceded my JL were all 2 seaters- Porsche sports cars (technically a 911 isn’t 2 seater, but I digress). I even bought a base Sport with no power equipment, etc. I just couldn’t bring myself to buy a Wrangler with convenience options since I felt it would be more fun to own the one that’s truest to its roots- the one I grew up wanting to own someday.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Welcome! Pics of the Apache please.

chadly25

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes CLS550, 2013 JKU Sport, 2018 JLUR
I have a CLS in my garage that I’ve driven once since I received my JL in July. Although I love my Mercedes, and love driving a 400+ HP vehicle, nothing to me is as much fun as driving my Rubicon.

Sponsored

parrotheadphan

First Name
Mike (aka Kirk)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara Firecracker Red, 3.6l, 8 spd auto
Occupation
Digital arts & photography teacher
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome! This is a great group of individuals with a wealth of information and knowledge! Enjoy!

AstroDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
davescosmos.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yep... Not alone. I traded myBMW 650i for a `18 Rubicon. Yes it's certainly different but I am loving the differences and more specifically the capabilities to do things I couldn't dream of doing in my BMW. Do I miss the handling? At times but I am getting over it :)

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Welcome to the forum. Just picked mine up today after a lot of research and learning abd waiting on a factory order to be built/delivered.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats!!

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I feel compelled to make a point. First my disclaimer. I love my JL Sahara. But part of that love is about setting expectations.

I know it's not likely to ride as smooth as an Escalade: as sure as its ride is likely to be smoother than an JK's.

It sounds Kelly like that trade off, if it's even one for you, is something you're more than willing to make. I wish you well.

I think you can love your Wrangler and still talk honestly about where other rigs may perform differently, even if whether that difference is better or worse is left up to the opinion of the owner.

OP
OP
walkerkm

walkerkm

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 2016 JKU, 2001 Harley Road King Classic, 1949 Chevy Fleetline, 1958 Chevy Apache
I feel compelled to make a point. First my disclaimer. I love my JL Sahara. But part of that love is about setting expectations.

I know it's not likely to ride as smooth as an Escalade: as sure as its ride is likely to be smoother than an JK's.

It sounds Kelly like that trade off, if it's even one for you, is something you're more than willing to make. I wish you well.

I think you can love your Wrangler and still talk honestly about where other rigs may perform differently, even if whether that difference is better or worse is left up to the opinion of the owner.
what I meant is that I don’t feel like I went from an Escalade to a yugo. The wrangler ride is super smooth and not a big or any sacrifice at all. My point... the ride in the jk & jl is great and I have no regrets whatsoever...only thing I’ve given up is the huge cost should anything on the caddy need to be repaired. Love that I have a suv with convertible capabilities

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
what I meant is that I don’t feel like I went from an Escalade to a yugo. The wrangler ride is super smooth and not a big or any sacrifice at all. My point... the ride in the jk & jl is great and I have no regrets whatsoever...only thing I’ve given up is the huge cost should anything on the caddy need to be repaired. Love that I have a suv with convertible capabilities
I complete relate and respect this Kelly.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@walkerkm … Wow... an Apache...very nice.... @UKCATS beat me to it... nice picture (the Apache... not you, @UKCATS ).

Congratulations and welcome aboard, Kelly!
Sponsored