Threads
Reaction score
Website
raingler.com
Vehicle(s)
RAM2500Cummins
Occupation
Custom Cargo Net Builders
Here is the full length overhead storage net. (we also offer 1/2 length units) It comes with all PVC and black powder coated steel hardware, no modifications and an easy 10 minute install. These can be built in MIL-SPEC webbing, mesh screening or a combination Hybrid model that allows soft gear stored overhead and carabineer lights, first aid kits, or just dry out some boots on the bottom side. Awesome for sleeping in the back and having stuff super handy right above you. 20 years made in the USA, lifetime warranty and built specific for you. Many material, color and even custom stitching choices to match your Jeep.
www.raingler.com

Photo Nov 08, 4 46 23 PM.jpg

Photo Nov 08, 4 51 32 PM.jpg

Photo Nov 08, 4 50 24 PM.jpg

Photo Nov 08, 4 48 48 PM.jpg
Sponsored

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Do you have any photos of the mesh screening option? Would this be a suitable replacement for the widely available sunscreen tops? What level of sun blocking does your mesh provide?

OP
OP
Raingler Nets

Raingler Nets

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raingler.com
Vehicle(s)
RAM2500Cummins
Occupation
Do you have any photos of the mesh screening option? Would this be a suitable replacement for the widely available sunscreen tops? What level of sun blocking does your mesh provide?
Here's a few with the mesh added in our HYBRID material option. This is using 800PSI UV rated webbing and 215PSI MIL-SPEC rip stop mesh. It's really first designed for strength to hold gear or prevent things from getting through the material. We tested the mesh in a pitfall rescue Sprinter before we ever used it on a consumer product. It's still in use today years later.
If we wanted further sunblocking we could explore some materials that would do that to varying degrees further than what we already do. Let us know what you would like to see if if you think this would be enough.

Photo Apr 21, 5 40 35 AM.jpg

Photo Apr 21, 5 43 52 AM.jpg

View attachment 111075

IMG_20180727_143139.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Thank you for the pictures. Without seeing it in person, it's hard to tell for sure if the mesh would be sufficient for sun blocking purposes. It very well could be. I think the problem however would be that since these are designed for storage (not coverage), the large gap around the perimeter of the nets would allow too many places for the direct sunlight to pass through. That being said, in the first picture in the thread, the full length net on a JL appears to have much less open space around the perimeter than the above pictured TJ? May still have to consider a set. Damn melanoma.... :(

Sponsored

OP
OP
Raingler Nets

Raingler Nets

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raingler.com
Vehicle(s)
RAM2500Cummins
Occupation
Thank you for the pictures. Without seeing it in person, it's hard to tell for sure if the mesh would be sufficient for sun blocking purposes. It very well could be. I think the problem however would be that since these are designed for storage (not coverage), the large gap around the perimeter of the nets would allow too many places for the direct sunlight to pass through. That being said, in the first picture in the thread, the full length net on a JL appears to have much less open space around the perimeter than the above pictured TJ? May still have to consider a set. Damn melanoma.... :(
True on that. We'd go up the edge of roll bar if the intent was maximum sun blocking. Probably use a denser mesh material. I know there are so many existing sunscreening products out there the only real benefit would be our quality/construction and made in the USA aspect. The Hybrid version might still be really nice with the strength of the webbing net on one side of it to hang stuff on or sit on top..

USMCJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
For the installation of the D-Rings that you are using to loop the webbing through, from zooming in it looks like that are attached to the same screw locations that that Mopar grab handles screw into.

Is that correct? If I have the installed Mopar handles installed, would I be able to install the D-Rings on top of them as well? I assume the only issue may be screw length since they D-Rings are facing into the Jeep.

Also, for the mesh add on with the military grade webbing, based off the photo the mesh is only 'sandwiched' around the edge and sits on top of the rest of the webbing. Is is sewn down across the net or are the internal webbings free to attach hooks/carabineers to it?

Besides that, they look great. Very substantial and most likely a future add on very soon.

Thanks!

OP
OP
Raingler Nets

Raingler Nets

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raingler.com
Vehicle(s)
RAM2500Cummins
Occupation
For the installation of the D-Rings that you are using to loop the webbing through, from zooming in it looks like that are attached to the same screw locations that that Mopar grab handles screw into.

Is that correct? If I have the installed Mopar handles installed, would I be able to install the D-Rings on top of them as well? I assume the only issue may be screw length since they D-Rings are facing into the Jeep.

Also, for the mesh add on with the military grade webbing, based off the photo the mesh is only 'sandwiched' around the edge and sits on top of the rest of the webbing. Is is sewn down across the net or are the internal webbings free to attach hooks/carabineers to it?

Besides that, they look great. Very substantial and most likely a future add on very soon.

Thanks!
The OE screws should be fine and the tabs are pretty flat, maybe lose one turn if that. We were able to install them with our Raingler Bolt on handles that have MIL-SPEC grommets as well. It is sewn together every 3rd row so that it does not flap and yet, one can slide items in between the two or weave on MOLLE gear Can see pretty well in this video:

Photo Nov 08, 4 51 33 PM.jpg

Last edited:

Hurlow8

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport
Looks great- I am thinking of doing the mesh option as a mild sunshield/rack for my 2-door, but I was wondering what the noise level is and how much vibration/rattling/movement occurs at highway speeds with the mil spec and mesh combo. (Bad experience with some bikini tops there)
Any ideas or speed ratings?

OP
OP
Raingler Nets

Raingler Nets

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raingler.com
Vehicle(s)
RAM2500Cummins
Occupation
Looks great- I am thinking of doing the mesh option as a mild sunshield/rack for my 2-door, but I was wondering what the noise level is and how much vibration/rattling/movement occurs at highway speeds with the mil spec and mesh combo. (Bad experience with some bikini tops there)
Any ideas or speed ratings?
No flapping as long as you tie up the ends. The cam buckles are insanely tight, pull them hard and they stay locked in place. Strong enough for one (or more) to stand on them.

Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.