First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
System Engineer
Hmm, not suresi follow. You don't think the mopar ones could easily be removed? And why don't you think it would be feasible to wash them out inside?
Sponsored

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I just ordered the Mopar ones for the look and I imagine I would want to wash them out and use the drain rather then taking the mats out.
I bought extra plugs for the Mopars and will use them as removable mats. (May need to trim the funnel a little.) I don't trust the drain system. There are alot of negative reports that it's not sealed properly.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hmm, not suresi follow. You don't think the mopar ones could easily be removed? And why don't you think it would be feasible to wash them out inside?
@rjgonza

You live in NJ right. One of my residences is in Upstate NY.

Winter comes and you can't leave the hose outside as it freezes up. Most people even shut off the outside faucets in the Winter, especially when the temps dip way low.

So, you have snow and slush on your boots and you get in the JL and the floor liners get covered with salt, mud, gravel, sand, snow and slush. If the vehicle is outside and sits for a day or so without use the stuff firms up... can freeze in place.

So, you think that cutesy little drain hole in the mat is not going to be plugged or frozen closed. Maybe not but very good chance that it will be.

Best bet in my opinion is to have an easily removable floor liner, that has decent coverage and high sides. This floor liner can be taken out easily, dumped and even taken inside to clean in say a utility sink or the friggin bath tub.

Also, do read the many forum posts that say the Mopar offering has lets say issues. The drain set-up is problematic and more.

I know I will get flack from the many that have the Mopar offering but ..... 8-)

rjgonza

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
@rjgonza

You live in NJ right. One of my residences is in Upstate NY.

Winter comes and you can't leave the hose outside as it freezes up. Most people even shut off the outside faucets in the Winter, especially when the temps dip way low.

So, you have snow and slush on your boots and you get in the JL and the floor liners get covered with salt, mud, gravel, sand, snow and slush. If the vehicle is outside and sits for a day or so without use the stuff firms up... can freeze in place.

So, you think that cutesy little drain hole in the mat is not going to be plugged or frozen closed. Maybe not but very good chance that it will be.

Best bet in my opinion is to have an easily removable floor liner, that has decent coverage and high sides. This floor liner can be taken out easily, dumped and even taken inside to clean in say a utility sink or the friggin bath tub.

Also, do read the many forum posts that say the Mopar offering has lets say issues. The drain set-up is problematic and more.

I know I will get flack from the many that have the Mopar offering but ..... 8-)

Gotcha, thanks for the info. The mopars look a lot nicer though and are way cheaper. I should have them this Thursday and I will try them out. Do you have any pics you could share of the weathertech ones in?

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like Weathertech finally has rear liners for the 2 doors.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rjgonza
@BestopTeam

Hey, don't get me wrong... I am not saying that the Mopar offering is not a way to go. I was just saying.... pointing out so things..

The WeatherTechs floor liners are very nice. I have had them for years in my JK's and tried them in the JL.

With the JL, I have had the WeatherTechs, then the Husky Xact Contour.

Another liner that I have tried, and have to say they are real decent is the new Bestop floor liner offering for the JL.

This new Bestop offering has fairly decent covering and I really like the feel of them.

I really like the fastener system they are using.

They clean up really easily, also.

I believe I may in the end go Bestop floor liner....

Only negative thing is the friggin gawdy yellow logo on the mat. The logo is attached with fasteners so you can't remove without creating an eyesore. The logo is easily painted over though.

Again a real decent offering from Bestop that guy's should consider trying.

I made the mistake of selling the Bestop mats I received as a promo like a bunch of us did that pre-ordered the Bestop SR.. I truly regret selling them. We all make mistakes.. 8-(

rjgonza

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
@rjgonza
@BestopTeam

Hey, don't get me wrong... I am not saying that the Mopar offering is not a way to go. I was just saying.... pointing out so things..

The WeatherTechs floor liners are very nice. I have had them for years in my JK's and tried them in the JL.

With the JL, I have had the WeatherTechs, then the Husky Xact Contour.

Another liner that I have tried, and have to say they are real decent is the new Bestop floor liner offering for the JL.

This new Bestop offering has fairly decent covering and I really like the feel of them.

I really like the fastener system they are using.

They clean up really easily, also.

I believe I may in the end go Bestop floor liner....

Only negative thing is the friggin gawdy yellow logo on the mat. The logo is attached with fasteners so you can't remove without creating an eyesore. The logo is easily painted over though.

Again a real decent offering from Bestop that guy's should consider trying.

I made the mistake of selling the Bestop mats I received as a promo like a bunch of us did that pre-ordered the Bestop SR.. I truly regret selling them. We all make mistakes.. 8-(
So you like the weatertech over the mopar one, and the Bestop over the weathertech one? Also do you have a link for the Bestop one?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rjgonza

While I really like the coverage of the WeatherTech's, I never cared for the foot on them feeling. Also, they tend to lose a bit of their coloring after awhile and are a tad slippery.

I do not at all care for the Mopar mats.. for no special reason, just don't like the look, feel and their coverage is so so.

I liked the Husky Xact Contours. Foot on them feeling is very good. To me, a better floor liner feel wise. Coverage is decent but not great. They tend to scuff up and are hard a little hard to keep looking decent. Fit is decent but not perfect.

The Bestop floor liner.... well foot on them feels good. Not slippery. Decent coloring. Good fit. Very good fastening system. Nice but again, the yellow logo is a bit much but can easily be dealt with if it bothers you.

Tried all 3 floor liner brands I wentioned, and my favorite is the Bestop. Wish my 70 yr old brain kicked in and made me realize this before I sold them off. Bestop JL Liner:
https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2018/all-new-wrangler-jl/floor-liner/

By the way, regardless of the brand you buy. they all take them back if you are not happy with them during the first few days. All brands are good about replacing a liner if there is an issue down the road.

I try them and then decide and the losers go back or get sold. I'm funny about floor liners.. 8-)

Important: I have a 2 door JL so cannot speak for the rear liners..

GOOFY47

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Ocean Blue Sahara
Occupation
Computers
I decided I really like the Mopar Floor mats for my 2018 JLU. But, they were a higher cost than the others on the market.

I found them on amazon for about $113. My local dealer from whom I bought the JLU was selling them for $149. Wanting to stay a local shopper and having a local dealer who was really great to work with on the original purchase, I took a print out of the online ad and asked if they would match it. The answer was YES, but I would have to pay the regular tax. So for $113 + tax I got them.

And yes I will recommend my dealer to all how will listen.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
Does anyone have a picture of the weathertech cargo mat installed? How is the fit? What are the people choosing husky using for a cargo mat?
I purchased the Husky cargo mat fits like a glove in my JLUR and has a lifetime warranty . The best deal I found was Amazon for $ 93.00

Sponsored

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Just pulled th trigger on WeatherTech. I think I get a pretty good deal from a supplier I work with all the time so that swayed me past the Quadratec and Bestop mats.

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
For anyone thinking of using the Jeep all weather floor mats, Go on YouTube to Jeep informant and he shows how then unless you modify them and you God forbid get water up to the door ,it will leak in from underneath and soak your carpeting.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
@rjgonza

While I really like the coverage of the WeatherTech's, I never cared for the foot on them feeling. Also, they tend to lose a bit of their coloring after awhile and are a tad slippery.

I do not at all care for the Mopar mats.. for no special reason, just don't like the look, feel and their coverage is so so.

I liked the Husky Xact Contours. Foot on them feeling is very good. To me, a better floor liner feel wise. Coverage is decent but not great. They tend to scuff up and are hard a little hard to keep looking decent. Fit is decent but not perfect.

The Bestop floor liner.... well foot on them feels good. Not slippery. Decent coloring. Good fit. Very good fastening system. Nice but again, the yellow logo is a bit much but can easily be dealt with if it bothers you.

Tried all 3 floor liner brands I wentioned, and my favorite is the Bestop. Wish my 70 yr old brain kicked in and made me realize this before I sold them off. Bestop JL Liner:
https://www.bestop.com/jeep/2018/all-new-wrangler-jl/floor-liner/

By the way, regardless of the brand you buy. they all take them back if you are not happy with them during the first few days. All brands are good about replacing a liner if there is an issue down the road.

I try them and then decide and the losers go back or get sold. I'm funny about floor liners.. 8-)

Important: I have a 2 door JL so cannot speak for the rear liners..

I just bought a set based off your recommendation. Should be in tomorrow.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@wibornz
@BestopTeam

Kind of a long story but I ended up acquiring another set of those Bestop front floor liners for the JL. Got them just before I embarked on this latest 4,000 mi. Road trip of mine.

Anyway, can still say, the Bestop's are my favorite floor liner wise. Just feel real good under foot and wipe off / clean up so easily. Best floor liner fastener's on the various floor liners I have tried.

Only thing I dislike about them is the yellow Bedtop logo on them. I used a jumbo, black sharpee to dull the yellow down a tad. Painted the logo with the sharpee and then gently wiped the sharpee black, with a cloth. Got a subdued black logo now... Looks much better. Anyway, real decent mat..

As I mentioned, I have experienced the Mopar all weather floor liners and have had the the WeatherTech floor liner offering and the Husky Xact Contour's..... Bestop floor liner for the JL, is the pick of the litter as far a I'm convcerned 8-)

Let me know what you think of your Bestop's.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
@wibornz
@BestopTeam

Kind of a long story but I ended up acquiring another set of those Bestop front floor liners for the JL. Got them just before I embarked on this latest 4,000 mi. Road trip of mine.

Anyway, can still say, the Bestop's are my favorite floor liner wise. Just feel real good under foot and wipe off / clean up so easily. Best floor liner fastener's on the various floor liners I have tried.

Only thing I dislike about them is the yellow Bedtop logo on them. I used a jumbo, black sharpee to dull the yellow down a tad. Painted the logo with the sharpee and then gently wiped the sharpee black, with a cloth. Got a subdued black logo now... Looks much better. Anyway, real decent mat..

As I mentioned, I have experienced the Mopar all weather floor liners and have had the the WeatherTech floor liner offering and the Husky Xact Contour's..... Bestop floor liner for the JL, is the pick of the litter as far a I'm convcerned 8-)

Let me know what you think of your Bestop's.
How does the coverage of the Bestops compare to the WeatherTechs?
Sponsored