First Name
California
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employed
Fairly new to jeeps and have a few questions.

Recently installed a Rock Krawler Max Travel lift on my 19JLU Rubicon.

1. What size is the front lower control arm jam Nut?

2. What size is the rear upper control arm jam Nut?

3. What size is the front track bar jam Nut?

4. Can I run the rear upper sway bar link on the inside of the sway bar instead of the outside?

(I’m currently running stock tires and the link is rubbing on the tire.)

5. Are the control arm lengths listed in the instructions correct or should I extend them?

Front lower is currently set to: 24 1/4
Rear upper is currently set to: 17 9/16

Cranking down these arms is a pain in the butt!! Also, the instructions are complicated to follow.

6. Instructions indicate to use the metal bracket plus 1 rubber puck in the rear and 2 rubber pucks in the front for a 2.5 inch lift on a Rubicon with 37’s. Can someone confirm this as it seems this configuration will make the tires hit my fenders.

Any and all information is appreciated.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I ran without a rear sway bar with my rk kits on both my jk's and honestly didnt notice much difference.

I dont have their jl kit yet so I cant give you those specifics. I can say tho their lengths in the all the kits I've owned from them were correct to set everything where it should be.

How did you tighten the jam nuts down in the first place without knowing the size? I also use a vice to hold them when I'm doing it.

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Fairly new to jeeps and have a few questions.

Recently installed a Rock Krawler Max Travel lift on my 19JLU Rubicon.

1. What size is the front lower control arm jam Nut? 1 7/8

2. What size is the rear upper control arm jam Nut? 1 5/16

3. What size is the front track bar jam Nut? 1 5/16

4. Can I run the rear upper sway bar link on the inside of the sway bar instead of the outside? If you need to, yes. Not really advised and you will likely have contact between the axle and the link. We have had customers in the past cut and extend their factory links to work with the lift with stock wheels.

(I’m currently running stock tires and the link is rubbing on the tire.)

5. Are the control arm lengths listed in the instructions correct or should I extend them? They are correct, rear uppers may have some variability

Front lower is currently set to: 24 1/4
Rear upper is currently set to: 17 9/16

Cranking down these arms is a pain in the butt!! Also, the instructions are complicated to follow.

6. Instructions indicate to use the metal bracket plus 1 rubber puck in the rear and 2 rubber pucks in the front for a 2.5 inch lift on a Rubicon with 37’s. Can someone confirm this as it seems this configuration will make the tires hit my fenders. 2.5 and 37's will need 3" bumpstops. or minor fender trimming

Any and all information is appreciated.
I tried to answer everything as organized as possible, let me know if anything doesn't make sense.

OP
OP
California Guy

California Guy

First Name
California
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Self Employed
I tried to answer everything as organized as possible, let me know if anything doesn't make sense.
Fantastic! Great responses!

On question number 6, you said it’ll require 3 pucks. Is that for the front or the rear?

Rear - Metal bracket plus 2 pucks or metal bracket plus 3 pucks?

Front - 3 rubber pucks?

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
rockkrawler.com
Vehicle(s)
Red JLUR, White JLUR, Yellow JL (3 so far), Bikini Diesel JLU, Billet JT, Hydro Blue JT
Fantastic! Great responses!

On question number 6, you said it’ll require 3 pucks. Is that for the front or the rear?

Rear - Metal bracket plus 2 pucks or metal bracket plus 3 pucks?

Front - 3 rubber pucks?
3" would mean 3 pucks in the front and 2 pucks in the rear plus the fabricated pad.
Sponsored