Post your 2019 JL build status

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
Well, I ordered mine on 10/26, went to D status the next day. It sat in D status till 12/15 then went to D1. It went to F and then JB and Bam it was built on 12/21 and it is still sitting on Toledo with no ETA. I just finished with JC and they said this is normal. I can't believe that its normal to have a sold built jeep sitting in KZ for 3+ weeks waiting for a rail car. Then JC said i should check back on the 15th and i should see some movement. I asked how he knew it would change by then and he wouldn't answer. The dealer said it can take up to 2 weeks to get over to Mira Loma in California once they get it on a rail car. WTF, it shouldn't take 90 days to get a jeep ordered and delivered. I getting so frustrated with this whole process, that i will never order a Vehicle again.
I hear ya, mines been built since December 8th, ordered October 17th and still waiting for a ride. I’m only 5.5 hours away from the plant
Sponsored

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Well, I ordered mine on 10/26, went to D status the next day. It sat in D status till 12/15 then went to D1. It went to F and then JB and Bam it was built on 12/21 and it is still sitting on Toledo with no ETA. I just finished with JC and they said this is normal. I can't believe that its normal to have a sold built jeep sitting in KZ for 3+ weeks waiting for a rail car. Then JC said i should check back on the 15th and i should see some movement. I asked how he knew it would change by then and he wouldn't answer. The dealer said it can take up to 2 weeks to get over to Mira Loma in California once they get it on a rail car. WTF, it shouldn't take 90 days to get a jeep ordered and delivered. I getting so frustrated with this whole process, that i will never order a Vehicle again.
I thought it would be an exciting process but it's been more frustrating and stressful than anything else. Jeeps poor logistics and non existent tracking ruined the experience. I ordered 9/17, built 11/3 sat in I until 12/19, shipped, now sitting a few hours away waiting for a truck for the last 2 weeks or so.

I wonder if other manufacturers are like this? I've never ordered before.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I hear ya, mines been built since December 8th, ordered October 17th and still waiting for a ride. I’m only 5.5 hours away from the plant
That's ridiculous. So you're paying the same $1500 destination charge to move the thing 5 hours away and they can't be bothered to get it on a truck.

don4v4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on order
Sorry guys, but all the complaining is kind of comical. I have ordered many other cars (German) and this wait is cake compared. I ordered one car that took 14 months... but that was a custom one off paint color. Guarantee that all this anxiety disappears at first sight our your new wrangler.

As for Tracking... Yeah Jeep might not be the best, but at least you have some visibility and communication via JC. Most are direct through dealers only. This is for $100k+ car... so it’s not a price thing.

Not sure why, but Oregon is one of the longest delivery times... I was quoted 4-6 weeks just for delivery from KZ status. Oh well! It’ll be worth it!

Last edited:

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Sorry guys, but all the complaining is kind of comical. I have ordered many other cars (German) and this wait is cake compared. I ordered one car that took 14 months... but that was a custom one off paint color. Guarantee that all this anxiety disappears at first sight our your new wrangler.

As for Tracking... Yeah Jeep might not be the best, but at least you have some visibility and communication via JC. Most are direct through dealers only. This is for $100k+ car... so it’s not a price thing.

Not sure why, but Oregon is one of the longest delivery times... I was quoted 4-6 weeks just for delivery from KZ status. Oh well! It’ll be worth it!
See that's what I was curious about. Maybe other manufacturers are worse. I have no reference. It's a big purchase so we all just get impatient.

Sponsored

cameeel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL 2dr
Ordered on 12/24
D1 status on 1/7
Build sheet 1/9
No estimated delivery yet.

That all seems very fast to me, unless a relatively simple order helps (2dr Sport S, manual transmission, premium soft top). Hopefully it continues along quickly!

don4v4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered on 12/24
D1 status on 1/7
Build sheet 1/9
No estimated delivery yet.

That all seems very fast to me, unless a relatively simple order helps (2dr Sport S, manual transmission, premium soft top). Hopefully it continues along quickly!
You lucked out!

jbozz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my 2 door JL Rubicon on 9/12 and received a VON but Jeep chat just told me they don't see my information in the system. Anyone else have any build status?
don't hold your breath I ordered my JLUR 11/20/19 AND HAVE BEEN TOLD it didn't move from D status until the other day..
meanwhile I continue to see Wranglers that have been delivered and they were ordered 12/4/19 Go figure now they are saying 12 weeks I'm not a happy camper especially after putting a large deposit down... I should have only put the minimal deposit required.. lets just hope it comes without any issues

don4v4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KZ status of my order.
1/07/19 07:48:00 - Toledo Rail : Ingate / Rebay at Facility

Assuming that means I’m at the rail yard already?

krucam

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra, 2019 JLR ordered 12/22/2018
Occupation
FAA
Ordered 12/22
D. 1/2
D1. 1/9

Mines also a 2 door, Prem Soft Top, Stick.

Sponsored

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
It is very frustrating....I am wondering if I would have been better off to accept options I didn't want or need to keep from ordering.

I ordered on 9/13 and I'm still waiting......last (and only) update from my dealer is that it arrived in Jacksonville FL at the rail yard on 12/27, it is only 61 miles from the dealer.
Hang in there...I am 2 months behind you but seem to be going down a similar path. I ordered mine from Jacksonville CJD. There is a plant shutdown for a week starting the 11th. Hopefully we will both have ours in time for Jeep Beach!

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Picking up my Jeep tomorrow. Almost exactly 16 weeks from order to delivery. These orders can be frustrating but most of this is par for the course for folks who deal every day. Most of us want the satisfaction of signing and driving. When convinced not to do that it any blip seems more catastrophic than it really is. Be patient folks, it will all be worth it.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
This is true,
My coworker ordered a 2-door (manual) jlur the same day I ordered my 4-door (auto) jlur from the same dealership on 12/7/18. Mine is already KZ waiting for a rail car. He's still on D1.
He emailed the dealer and dealer said "Your Jeep is still waiting to go into production. You ordered manual transmission. Jeep processes in batches, so, they wait until they have enough Manuals trans orders to start a batch. I will check on it after the first and let you know what the status is."
Still D1 as of 1/8/19.
Your dealer should read a paper done by the University of Toledo about the Wrangler assembly process:
These units are produced in sequence as determined by Chrysler. In other words, single units are produced sequentially, meaning that it is possible to have a two door full door unit followed by a four door half door, followed by a two door half door, and so on, as opposed to batch production which would provide for say 100 two door full doors left hand drive, followed by 100 four door full door left hand drive, followed by 100 two door full door right hand drive units. This approach is referred to as Sequenced Part Delivery (SPD).
Different variations of the chassis units are produced by OMMC consisting of automatic or manual transmissions, right or left hand drive, two wheel or all drive wheel models, etc. These units are produced in sequence as determined by Chrysler. In other words, single units are produced sequentially, meaning that it is possible to have an automatic transmission right hand drive unit, followed by a manual transmission left hand drive unit, and so on, as opposed to batch production which would provide for say 100 automatic transmission right hand drive units, followed by 100 manual transmission left hand drive unit. Again, this approach is referred to as Sequenced Part Delivery (SPD).

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Your dealer should read a paper done by the University of Toledo about the Wrangler assembly process:
These units are produced in sequence as determined by Chrysler. In other words, single units are produced sequentially, meaning that it is possible to have a two door full door unit followed by a four door half door, followed by a two door half door, and so on, as opposed to batch production which would provide for say 100 two door full doors left hand drive, followed by 100 four door full door left hand drive, followed by 100 two door full door right hand drive units. This approach is referred to as Sequenced Part Delivery (SPD).
Different variations of the chassis units are produced by OMMC consisting of automatic or manual transmissions, right or left hand drive, two wheel or all drive wheel models, etc. These units are produced in sequence as determined by Chrysler. In other words, single units are produced sequentially, meaning that it is possible to have an automatic transmission right hand drive unit, followed by a manual transmission left hand drive unit, and so on, as opposed to batch production which would provide for say 100 automatic transmission right hand drive units, followed by 100 manual transmission left hand drive unit. Again, this approach is referred to as Sequenced Part Delivery (SPD).
Hold on. . . you're suggesting that some dealers might not actually have a working knowledge of how, when, and why the products they sell are built, but take a stab at it anyway? :facepalm: Ok, I'm kidding. That is a very interesting excerpt you quoted, thank you for posting it as I wondered how they did it. The logistics must be extremely complex - constantly changing requirements for parts and installation skills etc - to which I tip my hat to the process and those who wrangle it (pun intended?). But hey, it's what they do, just refining what Mr. Ford started. Now I'm off to search for that UoT paper to read while I wait wait wait.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Dealer just sent me an email that mine was just unloaded and included a picture. They are able to take off the Rubicon tires/wheels and put mine on.
528681.jpg
Sponsored