Sponsored

GOBI roof rack with soft top User experiences?

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
This has probably been covered, thought it might be worth a bump. Looking for experiences from people with a GOBI roof rack and soft top. Was it worth it? Do you leave it on all the time? Is it a PIA when you want to pull the top back? I’d like some extra carrying capacity. Large items like a paddle board, kayak, camping canopy, extra luggage for trips.

Did GOBI meet your expectations? Is there a better alternative?
Sponsored

Tug

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Bump - I'm interested too

Magnetdragon

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jlu!!
This has probably been covered, thought it might be worth a bump. Looking for experiences from people with a GOBI roof rack and soft top. Was it worth it? Do you leave it on all the time? Is it a PIA when you want to pull the top back? I’d like some extra carrying capacity. Large items like a paddle board, kayak, camping canopy, extra luggage for trips.

Did GOBI meet your expectations? Is there a better alternative?
I'm going to pick up a used rack tomorrow and I can let you know in a week after how I feel

OP
OP
Jondrew

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I'm going to pick up a used rack tomorrow and I can let you know in a week after how I feel
If it doesnt work out, let me know. I’m looking for a used one too. Im in Orlando.

Pat’s Sahara Unlimited

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
bumping this too! Wondering if there is a risk of premature wear with the soft top rubbing on the rack at speed. Saw one video where the guy put some piping insulation around the lateral bars to prevent rubbing.
Sponsored