emdub

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I experienced the fluctuating volume issue again today. I noticed the volume was low and steady when I was parked, but as soon as I drove the volume began to fluctuate. After switching bands to AM, then back to FM, the problem went away. I wonder if this has to do with the speed control setting in Uconnect? Brand new JL with only 500 miles on it... @JeepCares
Sponsored

Ike582

First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Granite Crystal
I've had my JLUR since October, and have started having the same issue over the last month. Three occurrences so far, very frustrating. For me, it's unrelated to temperature as it's happened on a reasonably mild Winter day (45 degrees). I also noticed the backup lines disappeared when the problem occurs.

We need a software update on this ASAP.

brewskisteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2001 Ford F350 4x4 crew cab 7.3L diesel
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think there is a TSB for the issue yet. I don't have the 7 though, I have 8.4C, so they might be different TSB's.
I thought I saw that posted somewhere in this forum. Guess I was wrong? Thanks for the clarification Trailhead Girl :like:

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Still having this issue, pulling fuse f97 every 5 days. On my road trips I don’t have SXM sometimes. Dealer says a new radio is on back order still, ( it’s been over a month), I am not even sure if a new radio would fix it or not.

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Everyone remember to check for loose fuses...

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
I am still having the cutting in and out issue. Dealer has completed 3 "resets"

Still having problems. Dealer wants to order a new radio but after reading this thread I am not even confident that will fix it. I am also not thrilled about the dealer tearing my dash apart.

Ready to trade this car in...I am over all the problems with no fix.

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am still having the cutting in and out issue. Dealer has completed 3 "resets"

Still having problems. Dealer wants to order a new radio but after reading this thread I am not even confident that will fix it. I am also not thrilled about the dealer tearing my dash apart.

Ready to trade this car in...I am over all the problems with no fix.
They are putting new radio in mine and have had it for over 3 weeks and still don’t have it back. So if put in new one be ready for long wait. Been 63 days without my Jeep now. I am about where you are but gonna try replacement first. We will see how that goes.

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They are putting new radio in mine and have had it for over 3 weeks and still don’t have it back. So if put in new one be ready for long wait. Been 63 days without my Jeep now. I am about where you are but gonna try replacement first. We will see how that goes.
Jeep just called a left message radio won’t be in till January 18 and that will be over a month to get a new one. Joke. Be ready to wait forever.

Shakey Graves

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport Unlimited (JLU)
Occupation
Data Analysis, Photographer
There are a million pages in here, but i stopped my radio/stereo from having the cut out/static by not plugging it in unless needed. It only cuts out when it is plugged in. Someone may have mentioned this already, but i figured i would add it. Sorry if this comment is a repost, i'm not reading 13 pages of comments haha

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Quick update.. I have the 7" screen in a Sport S. My audio had been cutting in/out a lot when I first got it but it hasn't happened in weeks now. I never took it to the dealer again and have had no U-Connect updates. We just had some super cold weather so I doubt it is weather-related.

The only change I've made which I think could be related, was to triple check all of my fuses were seated properly. I did this a few weeks ago, and almost all of them were loose when I did it. It doesn't really explain a fade in/out, but it could explain a lack of amperage getting through if the fuse was only partially seated.

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
There are a million pages in here, but i stopped my radio/stereo from having the cut out/static by not plugging it in unless needed. It only cuts out when it is plugged in. Someone may have mentioned this already, but i figured i would add it. Sorry if this comment is a repost, i'm not reading 13 pages of comments haha

I will summarize the thread soon, there still is no fix to this and it’s abaurd, not a single person has reported their issue being fixed. Maybe they just stop posting in the thread once it’s fixed....I dunno.

jstepy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe
I will summarize the thread soon, there still is no fix to this and it’s abaurd, not a single person has reported their issue being fixed. Maybe they just stop posting in the thread once it’s fixed....I dunno.
Well mines still not fixed Eugene and yes it’s quite ridiculous!

I had gone a good two to three weeks+ after pulling Fuse 97 and removing all paired iPhones without any issues...

I got adventurous today and decided it was time to pair my iPhone again... literally two car starts later the audio began to cut in and out again.

So stinking frustrating.

I removed my iPhone and pulled Fuse 97 again tonight hoping tomorrow everything will be working and continue to work.

OP
OP
eugene

eugene

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Well mines still not fixed Eugene and yes it’s quite ridiculous!

I had gone a good two to three weeks+ after pulling Fuse 97 and removing all paired iPhones without any issues...

I got adventurous today and decided it was time to pair my iPhone again... literally two car starts later the audio began to cut in and out again.

So stinking frustrating.

I removed my iPhone and pulled Fuse 97 again tonight hoping tomorrow everything will be working and continue to work.

I missed anyone talking about unpairing iPhones, I’ll do this tmrw.

jstepy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X 4xe
I missed anyone talking about unpairing iPhones, I’ll do this tmrw.
Yeh I don’t think anyone really suggested it but I heard others having other Uconnect issues with iPhones and just wanted to remove that variable... it would be great if that was the culprit but I’m sure there are Android users having the same issue.
Sponsored