Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Looking for some help . . . if I purchase my new JL out of state (I live in NY), how does the sales tax work? Do I just pay the sate I buy in or do I have to also pay NY State? S one states have much lower sales tax than NY but if I need to make up the difference when I register here, it defeats the purpose
Hey there neighbor! You only pay taxes to the state that your registered in. I was originally planning to head down to one of the dealers in/around Virginia that are offering 7% below invoice. Fortunately, i found Suresky Jeep about 2 hours north in Goshen, NY who immediately offered 5% below. Also, the dealer fee is only $75 versus the $699 charged down south. Another plus is new yorks tax law that, if you have a trade in, you only pay tax on the balance of the new vehicle minus the trade in value. If your interested in a great deal with a guy that seems great to deal with, contact Michael Knight at Suresky Jeep in Goshen, NY at (845) 294-5177 ext. 368 or email [email protected]
Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Sat down for a few mins with a salesman while waiting for my vehicle at the service center in Staten Island, and all he did was keep asking me "Why would anyone sell for 5% below invoice?" over and over again, like he was baffled.
I went to a Jeep dealer in S.I........well they don't sell below invoice, or below any price. They really don't care tbh. They wouldn'nt even let me test drive any of their jeeps.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Thanks for gluten info. Currently traveling abroad but when we return Iā€™ll be putting out requests for pricing. Iā€™ll definitely be putting Farrish on that list.
Johnny Iā€™m a long islander. Local dealers wonā€™t give competitive pricing.
One dealer said they donā€™t schedule service during busy times unless you bought there.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Johnny Iā€™m a long islander. Local dealers wonā€™t give competitive pricing.
One dealer said they donā€™t schedule service during busy times unless you bought there.
I went to a Jeep dealer in S.I........well they don't sell below invoice, or below any price. They really don't care tbh. They wouldn'nt even let me test drive any of their jeeps.
Man you guys really have it bad out there! Not even able to test drive? Is there no competition there? Can I start a dealership there please? Sounds like easy money to me.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Man you guys really have it bad out there! Not even able to test drive? Is there no competition there? Can I start a dealership there please? Sounds like easy money to me.
Thatā€™s just the way it is. In New York you pay the most for nearly everything.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Thatā€™s just the way it is. In New York you pay the most for nearly everything.
Seems ripe for someone to walk in and steal business. I didn't have that experience when I was in upstate many years ago.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems ripe for someone to walk in and steal business. I didn't have that experience when I was in upstate many years ago.
Upstate is totally different. Long Island and the city metro area you get ripped off.
We are just so used to it I guess. I never would have thought I could get my Jeep under invoice until I started on this forum.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
I understand how they operate. Just cause I canā€™t afford to pay msrp, doesnā€™t mean someone else canā€™t in nyc. Some people just donā€™t care and will pay msrp. And the population there is so high, that there will be a sucker who will pay msrp versus driving to criswell.

long story short, they will sell at msrp regardless

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
Upstate is totally different. Long Island and the city metro area you get ripped off.
We are just so used to it I guess. I never would have thought I could get my Jeep under invoice until I started on this forum.
Don't forget that 8.4% sales tax