Sponsored

Half and Half Painted and Black Fenders on JLU Sahara

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
My dealer got their first JLU delivered today. It's a billet silver Sahara which I wanted to see in person since I ordered a 2dr JLR in billet silver last week without ever seeing the color on a vehicle. I like it, but I noted the front fenders were painted and the rear fenders were black. Is that an ordering option I missed? It's not that I'd like to change to that, since I think it looks weird. I'm just curious. I also noted it is equipped with side steps. Is that standard equipment on JL's since its not an option in the order guide for JLR's. Again, I'm actually not actually interested in it as I seen them being ripped off in rock crawling. Just curious if that's how it will be configured.
Sponsored

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
My dealer got their first JLU delivered today. It's a billet silver Sahara which I wanted to see in person since I ordered a 2dr JLR in billet silver last week without ever seeing the color on a vehicle. I like it, but I noted the front fenders were painted and the rear fenders were black. Is that an ordering option I missed? It's not that I'd like to change to that, since I think it looks weird. I'm just curious. I also noted it is equipped with side steps. Is that standard equipment on JL's since its not an option in the order guide for JLR's. Again, I'm actually not actually interested in it as I seen them being ripped off in rock crawling. Just curious if that's how it will be configured.
The Fenders seem like a factory screw up to me.
And side rails/steps are standard on the Sahara yes ;)

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
The non-matching fenders are new to me, but all Saharas have side steps and are supposed to have body-colored fenders.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are the side steps just on the Saharas or on the Rubicons as well?

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
I would love this fender option as I am worried that the rear fender will get chipped up with 35's or 37's witch ever I chose to run.

What dealer and location was this at? Any Picture?

Sponsored

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's Eastern Chrysler in Winnipeg, Canada. I'll be going by there again tomorrow and will try to get a picture.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
I would love this fender option as I am worried that the rear fender will get chipped up with 35's or 37's witch ever I chose to run.

What dealer and location was this at? Any Picture?
I noticed on mine that they put 2 clear strips over the face of the rear fender, right on the face of it. Like a 3m clear protector.