First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
My order just finally hit D1 status this morning! :) just to give ya'll an idea of the time line thus far: I ordered a 2019 two door Jeep Rubicon will every single option on it except for the smokers group, steel bumper or tail gate re-enforcement; placed my order on 12/1 with Dave Smith Motors, was in D status on 12/3 and was in that status for 32 days. A guy at Jeep chat had advised me that sometimes D1 status can take just as long as D status takes, just wanted to ask what was the general amount of time for those of you when in D1 status? Curious as to what comes after that status! The guy at Jeep chat said my Jeep might be here around Valentine's Day! Hahah happy Valentine's Day to me if that's the case! We'll see though!
Sponsored

wranglernoob2019

First Name
GT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 19 Firecracker Red
Vehicle Showcase
My order just finally hit D1 status this morning! :) just to give ya'll an idea of the time line thus far: I ordered a 2019 two door Jeep Rubicon will every single option on it except for the smokers group, steel bumper or tail gate re-enforcement; placed my order on 12/1 with Dave Smith Motors, was in D status on 12/3 and was in that status for 32 days. A guy at Jeep chat had advised me that sometimes D1 status can take just as long as D status takes, just wanted to ask what was the general amount of time for those of you when in D1 status? Curious as to what comes after that status! The guy at Jeep chat said my Jeep might be here around Valentine's Day! Hahah happy Valentine's Day to me if that's the case! We'll see though!
Ordered 19 JLUR 12/5 - Status D by 12/11 . D1 since then. waiting waiting .. I heard about plant shutdown /change next week - so it might be a little more time

OP
OP
Jeeprubicongurl

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Ordered 19 JLUR 12/5 - Status D by 12/11 . D1 since then. waiting waiting .. I heard about plant shutdown /change next week - so it might be a little more time
Yeah the guy told me that they shut the plant down already for a week during the week of Christmas and I heard that they'd be shutting it down again for retooling or something like that. They told me to check back in with them on 1/14 so that's exactly what I'll be doing to see if my order has changed in status at all, not holding my breath though lol

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I was in D1 the longest of any phase. Second longest was in kz while it was waiting for a ride home.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Yeah the guy told me that they shut the plant down already for a week during the week of Christmas and I heard that they'd be shutting it down again for retooling or something like that. They told me to check back in with them on 1/14 so that's exactly what I'll be doing to see if my order has changed in status at all, not holding my breath though lol
Yesterday Jeepchat - the source of all definitive updates (nope) - told me they were not aware of any planned shutdown in January, contrary to what I've read on these forums. They also told me it's common to be in D1 30 days or more. Sigh. I suppose everyone that is waiting on an order wants to see some rhyme or reason to the sequencing and completion of orders, but that's well hidden behind the curtain. So we wait patiently, right?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeprubicongurl

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Yesterday Jeepchat - the source of all definitive updates (nope) - told me they were not aware of any planned shutdown in January, contrary to what I've read on these forums. They also told me it's common to be in D1 30 days or more. Sigh. I suppose everyone that is waiting on an order wants to see some rhyme or reason to the sequencing and completion of orders, but that's well hidden behind the curtain. So we wait patiently, right?
Well I’m driving six hours to get my vehicle and trading in a front wheel drive car lol might have to go through some snow, just would be nice to know if I’m heading to Dave Smith Motors in February or March. I’ve noticed the incompetent peopele at Jeep Chat seem to work in the morning (maybe they’re not awake yet) haha and the ones who seem to know their stuff work at night :) I feel as we’re all ordering vehicles that are $40K-$55k have a right to accurate information! Half of the time the people at Jeep chat talk with a question on the end like they’re unsure of what the hell theyre saying lol lady told me I was still in D status yesterday and she was so sorry I was given wrong information by someone else, so I called my dealership since I hadn’t talked to them in a month and them confirmed that I was indeed in D1 status as of yesterday. I haven’t heard anything about being in D1 status more than 30 days, I heard it can take a bit of time but isn’t as nearly as long as D status and the rest of the build goes super quickly. I believe the plant will be shut down this coming week until Monday January 14th as that’s when they told me to check back for an update! :)

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I believe the plant will be shut down this coming week until Monday January 14th as that’s when they told me to check back for an update! :)
I believe the shutdown is between Jan 11-22 (the 22nd is a holiday). There is a schedule posted around here somewhere but i haven't found it.

OP
OP
Jeeprubicongurl

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
I believe the shutdown is between Jan 11-22 (the 22nd is a holiday). There is a schedule posted around here somewhere but i haven't found it.
Thanks for the info! I’m a Loan Officer at a credit union and we’re closed on Monday the 21st due to MLK day :) so hopefully they open the 22nd lol

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon

levichar

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, Ordering '19 JL
My dealer emailed me at 7:45am Friday morning to tell me that my Jeep was built the previous night and was currently in F-Paint. As of now, JeepChat is still telling me it's in D1 and they know nothing else.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Zero days in D1 but 37 days in D. Then in a 36 hour period it went through E, F, G, I, KZ and loaded on a rail car and expected at drop point before the 18th. Some people have said they have gone from D to D1 and back to D. Also can go back to a previous status during or after build depending on options or problems. Some have been in I or KZ for 30 days. My dealer said they had one Wrangler sat at the rail drop point for 45 days because the shipper couldn't get a truck available. They finally got a letter from FCA allowing them to pick it up themselves. So until it is at the dealer and you have signed the papers you never know how long.

Last edited:

DezertTitan

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Railroader
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine (loaded JLUR) on the 13th of Dec. It hit D on the 19th, and JeepChat informed me today that it entered D1 on the 3rd. I anticipated delays due to the holidays, but this is the first I've heard of the plant shutdown. Hope it doesn't affect things too much.

SonicPearl

First Name
Smoke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL in Waiting
I ordered mine (loaded JLUR) on the 13th of Dec. It hit D on the 19th, and JeepChat informed me today that it entered D1 on the 3rd. I anticipated delays due to the holidays, but this is the first I've heard of the plant shutdown. Hope it doesn't affect things too much.
Shutdown has the potential to delay receivership by 2 weeks.

Sucker Punch

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU (totaled), 2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retrofit Offroad
Ordered the exact same day - Wow, we almost have identical timeframe! My order - 12/1, received VIN and D status on 12/3 and hit D1 on 1/3. All this info was from Jeep Chat. I sent an email to my salesman at the dealership to see if he could get me any more information.

I ordered a Punk'n JLUR 3.6 Auto.

Definitely going to follow your progress as we have similar dates!
Sponsored