Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I wish they had pussied it up more. And I wish it had more buttons to push. I love to push buttons. I'm like a woman that way.
Sponsored

tbill59

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7; 2018 JLU Sport; 2011 Audi S4; 2014 Nissan Maxima
Took delivery yesterday. Love it. Just a watch out for those of you with very young children - it's a VERY tight fit for a rear facing car seat. Thankfully the little ones ride in their Mom's Q7 on a daily basis, but the 4 YO wanted to show off the JL to his friends so the new JL made the trip to pre-school.....

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
I wish they had pussied it up more. And I wish it had more buttons to push. I love to push buttons. I'm like a woman that way.
Buy a Range Rover...lol. All the button you could ever want!

Kidding aside my gripes are:

*$2000 for automatic on top of the increased base price.
*Rear soft top windows dont line up to door windows and looks awkward. Also do we really need huge rear soft top windows for baddies to see what we got?!?
*JL kept the sandals but not the rock crawling windshield Jeep?!? Nit-picky of course. :)

All else looks good. I do not mind the updated electronics and definitely like the improved interior. So overall the JL is better than the JK from what I have heard. Havent had the chance to test drive one just yet.

Lastly it appears FCA is making the Wrangler more upscale. This of course will piss off a large portion of customers that want a solid off-roader at a low base price. So buying used may be the best option.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Took delivery yesterday. Love it. Just a watch out for those of you with very young children - it's a VERY tight fit for a rear facing car seat. Thankfully the little ones ride in their Mom's Q7 on a daily basis, but the 4 YO wanted to show off the JL to his friends so the new JL made the trip to pre-school.....
That is the same issue as the JKU, it’s actually better in the JLU but not the greatest, doesn’t help that rear facing seats are gigantic, it’s an issue with most vehicles that arent super large.

Sponsored

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK X 2-DR
Yeah the more and more I research I think when I get my JL it will most likely have to be a used one.

MotorMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
I personally hate how Jeep is trying to upsell us to a Sahara/Rubicon. The Sport comes with downgraded fenders, wheels, grills, lights, interior tech and seats.
I’ve made a decision to hold off on a JL. I will cross shop a new JK with a used JK. I’m young, and can’t afford what I want and what I want is a Rubicon JL. I’d much rather have a beefed up JK special edition/Rubi over a JL sport base model. If I have to settle, I will do it with some rationality. Maybe in a few years, I’ll trade in my JK for a JL. I will continue to post on this site because I am still planning to, at some point, own a JL!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Yeah the more and more I research I think when I get my JL it will most likely have to be a used one.
I bet the Sport/S is similar to the JK in that if you are financing it will be cheaper to buy new for a while. I think Saharas and Rubicons with a lot of options may be decent values in a few years.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR

I have no problem with the new prices, but the one thing that surprises me with the launch is the emphasis on the leather interior, so many people looking at the sticker with leather like it’s a given where it was an exception before... I don’t care about that either, I just think it’s skews people’s perception of price.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I hate start/stop. I seriously doubt it will increase mileage and I have to think it is going to create much more wear on the engine.

I wish there was at least one performance engine option.

I think the JL looks stupid when you take the side windows off the soft top.

when you take the side windows off the power top model, the back window is still there. That is just odd.

I hate that the tailgate isn't reinforced to handle a larger spare tire from the factory. Having to buy a $600 reinforcement part is lame.

I wish it had dual front cigarette lighter plugs like most vehicles.

No option for black wheels

No axle disconnect. Why the are repeating that mistake, I have no idea.

Smaller fuel tank, ugh!

Did I mention I hate start/stop?

Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I think the JL looks stupid when you take the side windows off the soft top.
Funny I absolutely love it, and I think people will really come to appreciate it when they own it... it has a bit of a military vibe to it, either way it was a selling feature for me.

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata

bilash31

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 JKU, '18 GC
So....not all jeeps climbing on the windshield matter. Got it.
Haha right. I guess not. I don't know. Guess JKUs climb rocks and Willys climb windshields in FCAs opinion.
Sponsored