FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Because Freedom.... not the social status it’s become as of late.

Trail riding, rock climbing, muddin’, beach camping and the great outdoors with girls. AKA living life
^^ all of this!
Sponsored

jeppesen.io

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Miata, WR250R, JLU Rubicon
This will be my Jeep or even SUV/truck, but I know the exact moment I wanted one. Last year, I took my dual-sport motorcycle solo camping through the Cascades of Washington State. One of best memories of my life. I loved being alone in the woods, miles away from everything. Wake up, make some coffee and find some trails, make camp then repeat.

A few months ago I decided to do an overland trip from Alaska to South America, but two years on a motorcycle is too much for me. I wanted a SUV. The Jeep had it all, lockers, factory 33s, very low gearing, manual trans, great interior. android auto and, most importantly, a removable roof that can be replaced with a pop-up tent.

With the sight of the Ursa Minor popup tent, I was sold. The looks, that I love, is just icing on the cake.

Kajmcbride

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ, 2005 Dodge Ram, 2018 JLU Rubicon
At the time I needed a cheap 4 wheel drive truck. Down the street from where I grew up there was baby blue a broken down 66 Jeep 1/2 ton pick up. I knew the guy and made him an offer and he took it. Replaced the cracked head and new tires and a couple other things and drove it home 300 miles to the Mountains. Drove that truck around for a couple and fell in love with simplicity and durability of the brand.

Ozarkpaddler

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Ford F-150
Well, growing up I spent a lot of time outdoors, on bad country roads, "4-wheeling," hunting, fishing, and in the woods. I couldn't afford a Jeep, but I had a beat up old International Travelall. BUT, my uncle had a Jeep Scrambler and I spent a lot of time at his cabin in the woods. He let me drive so he could drink all the beer he wanted, so I guess it was a "Win/Win" situation for a teenage boy (LOL)? Always wanted one, but a truck was more practical. Since my wife bought a Renegade last year, that Jeep "Bug" has started biting again.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
When I was a kid in the 70s a neighbour at the cottage had an old Red & White Jeepster, and it looked great, and the first time I got to ride shotgun, I was hooked.
TV show Rat Patrol also compounded it with all the Jeeps on the dunes.

Had a Red YJ in High School, then came back to the fold with the JKU and got a Red Sahara.

Plus Jeeps get all the chicks ! :dance:

F440BD92-F961-4E47-A726-D75DC4CFC8A7.jpeg

Ozarkpaddler

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade Ford F-150

Sponsored

Kajmcbride

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ, 2005 Dodge Ram, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Flipper+TV+Series+1964-1967+Ep+1.28.jpg

From the TV show Flipper. The Gladiator had the most style of any pick up at the time

sadass

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98. 5.9 ZJ 7"LA's F/R locked 2000 WJ DD
Occupation
Semi-Conductor Equipment Tech.
Vehicle Showcase
When I was a little kid. Like around 42 years ago. My parents would take us out in our jeep a short hop from Death Valley CA. I remember reading the analog meter on the CB while we roamed the Deserts around Trona CA. playing a game they called signal hunting. It involved about 20+ other 4- wheeler's with CB's. if I remember rite. The Idea, One person would go hide and the rest would do circles to try and direction find our way to the hidden Jeep.The first to find got to hide next. I think there was a lot of Beer involve with the adults at that time. I cant' be sure cause I ain't one to Gossip. So I can say that I have been bit by the jeep wheeling wheeling bug before the age of 6 or so Mid 70's. I did not own my first jeep until after H.S while in the Military after I first purchased a beautiful 1985 FOOD Bronco XLT with the 5.8 High Output while down in Pensacola FL. I started wheeling that with some of my new Shipmates who had jeeps CJ's up in NJ. I can remember wishing I had my top/doors off when 4-wheeling off road. But more so I remember my buddy's repeatedly passing me as I sat half way up a sandy hill trying and trying and trying to make that big V-8 reach the top of the hill. they would circle back down and passed back by in there little I-6 Yelling at me. "You Should have bought a Jeep!!! " That next day is where it all start for me, I went out a bought a CJ-5/ my first Jeep.and on 31 MTs it was a beast. full cage and rear locked. Talk about no room in that thing and a drive from Hell, with 3 speed manual trans , manual brakes and manual steering. after a few short years I moved on to the CJ-7, Then the Yuppie Jeep( YJ) last 15 years about 5 ZJs and one WJ. a few ZJs were for parts. But its time get back to wheeling with no top/doors and lock em up. Cant wait for my JLRU