Sponsored

DV8 Tubular Sliders - Anyone see these in person?

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered these today - DV8 slider steps. Anyone see them in person?

https://www.quadratec.com/p/dv8-offroad/tubular-slider-step-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-jl

Looks like not a true slider since mounted to the same spot as the rubicon rocks rails are attached but will give me a step - important for the family - especially with bigger tires coming soon.

Thoughts? I like that they are slim so don't cause much of a clearance issue and strong enough to hold me when reaching up to the gobi roof rack. I am running Warn front and rear bumpers (rear coming soon) so I have lots of jack points there.

dv8.jpg
Sponsored

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't seen these in person, but they look cool in the picture. :like:

I'm shopping for the same reason.....everyone except me has a tough time getting in. I've been looking a lot at the auto power steps, but haven't seen them in person, so it's a bit tough to take the plunge on them as they are pricey.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase

I'm shopping for the same reason.....everyone except me has a tough time getting in. I've been looking a lot at the auto power steps, but haven't seen them in person, so it's a bit tough to take the plunge on them as they are pricey.
My wife is 4’10 so yeah I had to get something haha These look nice too!

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase

I wheell just enough I don't want to rip them off with something hanging low so hopefully these do the trick.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
What did you get?
Sorry for the late reply bro.

I went the ROAM Frame Mounted Rails. I cannot recommend them only because I have not received them yet. Even when I do get them, I have to get them Rhino coated or linexd. I will say that I have not been impressed with customer service to this point however, for those that have them they report that they are solid and clearly “affordable” compared to others.

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
I wheell just enough I don't want to rip them off with something hanging low so hopefully these do the trick.
This is one that won't get ripped off. It looks pretty awesome, but at that price I would really need to see them in person.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Hold crap I just looked at the price lol no way I would ever pay that much for any rail or accessory. My wheels and tires didn’t even cost that much haha. A decent lift doesn’t even cost that much haha

Sponsored

broox

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broox.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 BMW M4, 2020 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@outdoortree - how are you liking the DV8 tubular slider steps? Do they offer much protection to the underside?

I see that there's a 2-door version (SRJL-22) on quadratec available for a pretty decent price, but haven't heard of anyone else getting them.

OP
OP
@OUTDOORTREE

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I like them a lot. I have had some chipping of the coating from some light rubbing. Kind of annoying but I have a can of auto black spray paint I use to just touch up quarterly...

The definitely add some protection and is a nice step - but not so much it gets hung up. And easy install. I would purchase again.
Sponsored