JLWF Photograph of the Month Contest - December 2018

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
HER ? She got a name ? Did you have to get Her drunk in order to "coax" her home with you ? Did you sleep in her last night ? Oops, that may of sounded "dirty," if you have a dirty mind . . . but my intent was strictly Comical . . . :cwl: :clap: .
LOVE the "look" - because it is what I am looking to do, and YOU just confirmed my decision; to opt for the upgraded Sport S WHEELS that go so well with the Gray Clearcoat (my other choice). I'll be having 4 doors w/V6 & 8 spd. ! THANKS.
Yeah, I'm happy that I chose the upgraded wheels instead of going aftermarket even though aftermarket would have been cheaper. They look nice on a sting gray Jeep IMHO. My son recently named the Jeep "MJ" for Michael Jackson since its appearance changes daily. Side steps, fuel filler door, lug nuts,... :)
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Yeah, I'm happy that I chose the upgraded wheels instead of going aftermarket even though aftermarket would have been cheaper. They look nice on a sting gray Jeep IMHO. My son recently named the Jeep "MJ" for Michael Jackson since its appearance changes daily. Side steps, fuel filler door, lug nuts,... :)
I'm not one to name the inanimate objects I "own" ! However, pause (for affect), I'm thinking of putting my Moniker Decal Name on the hood - much like you would see "RUBICON" ! Mine would say - FLYFINATIC or FlyFinaticLou - the color as close to the jeep 'Ocean Blue' as possible. Why ? Glad you asked, i've been wanting to hint this . . . being retired Navy, you know Haze Gray & underway / Destroyer Gray / Sting Gray AND the deep blue sea being, well "Blue" ! I plan to change out the std. black fenders for Ocean Blue Fenders, then continue that O.B. theme between the Blue Fenders, below the doors (the sill sides) in the form of wave swells ! Painted or wrapped . . . not sure at this point. So I'm hoping for a Navy ship (Gray) floating on the O.B. Sea ! SEE ?
Sure it may look really wacky different, but only one I need to have like it is ME, so, I shall see . . . ! ? It just so happens my Drift Boat is a similar Gray - it has a "fishy wrap" on it as well !

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
I'm not one to name the inanimate objects I "own" ! However, pause (for affect), I'm thinking of putting my Moniker Decal Name on the hood - much like you would see "RUBICON" ! Mine would say - FLYFINATIC or FlyFinaticLou - the color as close to the jeep 'Ocean Blue' as possible. Why ? Glad you asked, i've been wanting to hint this . . . being retired Navy, you know Haze Gray & underway / Destroyer Gray / Sting Gray AND the deep blue sea being, well "Blue" ! I plan to change out the std. black fenders for Ocean Blue Fenders, then continue that O.B. theme between the Blue Fenders, below the doors (the sill sides) in the form of wave swells ! Painted or wrapped . . . not sure at this point. So I'm hoping for a Navy ship (Gray) floating on the O.B. Sea ! SEE ?
Sure it may look really wacky different, but only one I need to have like it is ME, so, I shall see . . . ! ? It just so happens my Drift Boat is a similar Gray - it has a "fishy wrap" on it as well !

Interesting theme. Maybe skip the granite wheels and go blue?

97aa066dcc42404e7602768333af5659_XL.jpg

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75th Anniversary (2016) WK2 Trail Rated Laredo in Recon Green
Occupation
Retired Navy (2004) Now, Loafer & Fly Fisher
Interesting theme. Maybe skip the granite wheels and go blue?

97aa066dcc42404e7602768333af5659_XL.jpg
WELL, Friggin-A . . . how'd you do that (so fast) ? :rock: . . . Damn You . . . it is supposed to be a 'MY Original Idea' !
I'm not as "crazy" in the up-fit department . . . so more conservative - OEM Fenders (Ocean Blue, but they may be the Rubicon ones?). All the "O.B." will be (again) down low (between the Fenders) looking like rolling ocean swells . The eventual rock rail/steps will also be painted O.B. - leaning toward UNEEK brand, they sit high and are just wide enough to help protect from the idiots in parking lots, as well as out on "the trail" searching for those hidden river & lake "gems" away from the "people noises"!
Nothing better than a good nights sleep being lulled by the gentle flow of a stream or river and the wildlife "music" they make !
Of course a good campfire and pot of perk-coffee is some icing on the cake ! THANKS FOR THE GREAT PHOTO EVEN IF IT "RUINED" "MY" IDEA, ha ha !
ps; NO on the blue wheels . . . I really do like the Sport S upgrades ( actually I REALLY like the Rubi's standard ones, but can't get unless dish out $$$$ ! Oh, those Tuscany Mahogany leather seats . . . oh yea, I have a couple Nice American-made leather recliners in living area - never had in a vehicle ! They're a pain to manage (I hear?) but damn they look SO Warm & Inviting ! Just the 2 front seats & maybe the arm rest; taking out the rear for the GOOSE GEAR full deck !

Last edited:

Jon@ fieldworx

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep JL Rubicon four-door, 2018 ford raptor, 2016 dodge ram 3500, Ducati 1299 final edition, Ducati V4
Welcome to the December 2018 JLWF Photograph of the Month Contest!

The WINNER will have his/her JL Wrangler photo permanently added to the JLWF forum header image rotation and displayed for a month as the JLWF homepage image!

We encourage you all to post a photo (limit one photo per user per contest) of your JL Wrangler. Even if you are not sharing a photo, we hope all viewers of the contest thread will VOTE on the photos by clicking on the "Like" button below the post(s) that you think deserve to win that month's photo contest.

The rules are simple:
  • I will start a new Photo Contest Thread (in the Photos subforum) each month.
  • Only one single photograph can be submitted by a contributor in that given month. If you submit more than one in that month, only your first submission will count.
  • A 2018+ JL Wrangler must be in the photograph.
  • Provocative/NSFW images are NOT allowed
  • Feel free to describe why you like your photo or provide a background story to it.
  • Viewers can register their approval by clicking the ‘Like’ button on the right-hand bottom corner of the post.
  • Viewers can vote on as many photos as they like.
  • The photograph with the most ‘Likes’ at the end of the month wins.
  • The winner will get his/her photo added to the rotation of header images at the top of the forum and will be the homepage header image for a month! (assuming you want that and provide permission).
  • NOW LET'S SEE THOSE JL PHOTOS!!

Sponsored

Jon@ fieldworx

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep JL Rubicon four-door, 2018 ford raptor, 2016 dodge ram 3500, Ducati 1299 final edition, Ducati V4

The WINNER will have his/her JL Wrangler photo permanently added to the JLWF forum header image rotation and displayed for a month as the JLWF homepage image!

We encourage you all to post a photo (limit one photo per user per contest) of your JL Wrangler. Even if you are not sharing a photo, we hope all viewers of the contest thread will VOTE on the photos by clicking on the "Like" button below the post(s) that you think deserve to win that month's photo contest.

The rules are simple:
  • Only one single photograph can be submitted by a contributor in that given month. If you submit more than one in that month, only your first submission will count.
  • Feel free to describe why you like your photo or provide a background story to it.
  • Viewers can register their approval by clicking the ‘Like’ button on the right-hand bottom corner of the post.
  • The winner will get his/her photo added to the rotation of header images at the top of the forum and will be the homepage header image for a month! (assuming you want that and provide permission).

Jon@ fieldworx

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F3B841DC-B837-4969-A27C-D2E309F66CFD.png
View attachment 126155

The rules are simple:

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Jon@ fieldworx

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The rules are simple:

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Congratulations to @LeoTheDragon for this month's winning photo!

20181129_151348~2.jpg

The first runner-up photo was posted by @ogjeep

IMG_20181204_204243_321.jpg

The second runner-up photo was posted by @DrowningTurtle

E1553F4A-46AC-4B19-85C8-D4DCD8399FD2.jpeg

Thank you for everyone's participation - with your photo submission and/or votes.

This competition is now closed, but this month's competition thread has now begun HERE!

ogjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jeep Wrangler Turbo 2 door Mojito
Congratulations to @LeoTheDragon for this month's winning photo!

20181129_151348~2.jpg

The first runner-up photo was posted by @ogjeep

IMG_20181204_204243_321.jpg

The second runner-up photo was posted by @DrowningTurtle

E1553F4A-46AC-4B19-85C8-D4DCD8399FD2.jpeg

Thank you for everyone's participation - with your photo submission and/or votes.

This competition is now closed, but this month's competition thread has now begun HERE!
Thanks for voting me runner up everyone.

Sponsored

RWJLSAHARA

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara 2" Mopar Light 37 inch Toyo Open Country MT Rough Country’s N3 Steering Stabilizers
Well, my immediate (1st) thought harkened me back to 1979, Yakima, WA. - Mt. St. Helens erupted - and my car (which shall not be revealed, ha ha) was covered in ASH (1/2" thick) in that same hue and texture !
I see you have the "expensive" sliding soft top - any issues with the Grime getting inside during this adventure ?
Any "Action shot" getting jeepie dirty ? Oh, nice front bumper too - brand ?
Love the power top and yes if you hit water, mud or dig into deep too deep it comes up and over. The same thing can be said when you hit the blacktop with mud on your tires but all it takes is a push of a bottom and top closes in less than 30 seconds. I have built in dashcam that records all the adventures.

Front bumper is a Barricade Extreme HD and the rear is a Weston WJ2 - not many choices for the JL that will support a 37 tire.