Just Ordered My 2D ‘19 Jeep Rubicon

dcwrangler

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Just ordered my two door 2019 Jeep Rubicon JL from Dave Smith Motors in Kellogg ID this past Saturday (12/1)
options as follows:

• Engine: 3.6L V6
  • 8-Speed Automatic Transmission
  • Wheels: 17 x 7.5 Polished w/ Black Pockets
  • Tires: LT285/70R17C BSW Off-Road
  • Firecracker Red Clearcoat
  • Black Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
  • GVWR: 5,250lbs
  • Advanced Safety Group
  • Electronic Infotainment System Group
  • LED Lighting Group
  • Cold Weather Group
  • Safety Group
  • Trailer Tow & HD Electrical Group
  • Black 3-Piece Hardtop
  • Body Color Fender Flares
  • Radio Uconnect 4C Nav w/8 inch Display
  • Alpine Premium Audio
  • Remote Proximity Keyless Entry
  • Remote Start System
  • Mopar Plastic Door Sill Guards
Total MSRP comes to $51,290, Dave Smith pricing comes to $46,479 (giving me $2K off of invoice plus their fee of $290) I plan on doing the financing through my work, I'm a loan officer at a local credit union and will be getting an interest rate of a 3.24%. Excited for the Rubicon to get here! The dealership said it should arrive in two to three months! Pictures to come once it officially arrives :D The wait is the hardest part but so worth it!
That's a good spec and price. I ordered mine on the same day (12/1) but I haven't received my VIN yet :( It is a 2 Door Blue Rubicon with the 2.0 turbo and the premium soft top. I'm guessing that has a different timeline. The wait is killing me.

Also, is 3.24% a good rate? I always bought my cars straight out but my credit union is giving me 3% interest on a CD so I figured if I can get a loan around the same price I can still come out on top with the interest difference. Any thoughts on that?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeeprubicongurl

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
That's a good spec and price. I ordered mine on the same day (12/1) but I haven't received my VIN yet :( It is a 2 Door Blue Rubicon with the 2.0 turbo and the premium soft top. I'm guessing that has a different timeline. The wait is killing me.

Also, is 3.24% a good rate? I always bought my cars straight out but my credit union is giving me 3% interest on a CD so I figured if I can get a loan around the same price I can still come out on top with the interest difference. Any thoughts on that?
Hey there :) thanks so much for reaching out! Have you tried calling Jeep chat? This is where I’m getting all of my information from and haven’t heard a peep from the dealership regarding my order at all lol the wait is killing me too! So anxious for my baby to get here!!!! Can’t wait to start posting vlogs on my YouTube channel about the Rubicon! :)

A rate of a 3.24% is super good for auto loans especially at a loan term of 72 months (even though I’ll be paying it off sooner) the typical auto loan rate in Oregon is around 3.74%-4.49% with A+ credit for a 60 month loan term or less! So happy I have A+ credit lol. Interest rates have drastically gone up in the past two years, they used to be at a 2.74% two years ago at a different credit union I worked at other than the one I work at now.

OP
OP
Jeeprubicongurl

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited

And as for your question on interest difference, are you talking about withdrawing the funds out of your cd in order to use as a down payment or to be able to own the Jeep outright? Early withdraw on a CD prior to the term being up can result in typically 90-180 days of interest for the penalty, Id reach out to your credit union to see what their policy is :) I’d also ask them about their auto loans and lending guidelines prior to applying for the auto loan with them (if you have an idea of what your credit score is even a rough estimate) that helps us loan officers a ton!!!! :D

jhack

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n Rubicon
Dang. I ordered it at Ron carter in Houston Texas. The GM is a friend of a friend. She said she was giving me a great deal and I didn’t research it because I trusted her. Wow, that always bites me in the ass. Kind of wishing I never read this thread.
I am assuming you have not taken delivery yet? If that is the case you could contact Neil Carpenter at Demontrond in Conroe for a price on your build. He has been offering around 6% under invoice on factory orders if that covers your deposit you have with Ron Carter. Would reset the time clock though and I know that would be tough... Just depends on if the cost difference is worth it to you.

Here is the post that I got his info from before I ordered my Rubicon from him.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/demontrond-conroe-tx-6-below-invoice.13003/

BTW all my conversations with him were over email and very easy!

J.C._926

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 YJ, 19 Rubicon
I ordered mine 10/2, 2door Rubicon V6,6speed, and it shipped 12/2 by rail so who knows when it will get to the dealership.

Sponsored

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Well, I didn’t leave a deposit. I gave my word that I’d buy it, so que sera sera. At least I have my vin. Lol

dcwrangler

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
And as for your question on interest difference, are you talking about withdrawing the funds out of your cd in order to use as a down payment or to be able to own the Jeep outright? Early withdraw on a CD prior to the term being up can result in typically 90-180 days of interest for the penalty, Id reach out to your credit union to see what their policy is :) I’d also ask them about their auto loans and lending guidelines prior to applying for the auto loan with them (if you have an idea of what your credit score is even a rough estimate) that helps us loan officers a ton!!!! :D
Lets say the jeep costs $50k and you have the money to pay for it. Instead of paying for it outright, if you put that money in a CD with a 3% interest rate for 3 years, you will earn $4,700 in interest at the end of the 3 years. At the same time if you fiancee the jeep with lets say a 4% loan for 3 years, you are only paying $2,346 in interest. According to my math in this scenario it is better to finance it than to out right pay for it since at the end of three years you are $2,345 in the plus. Now the key being to get a low interest auto loan. My credit score is just under 800 so I'm hoping i will get something under 4% financing.

OP
OP
Jeeprubicongurl

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Lets say the jeep costs $50k and you have the money to pay for it. Instead of paying for it outright, if you put that money in a CD with a 3% interest rate for 3 years, you will earn $4,700 in interest at the end of the 3 years. At the same time if you fiancee the jeep with lets say a 4% loan for 3 years, you are only paying $2,346 in interest. According to my math in this scenario it is better to finance it than to out right pay for it since at the end of three years you are $2,345 in the plus. Now the key being to get a low interest auto loan. My credit score is just under 800 so I'm hoping i will get something under 4% financing.
I see what you’re saying :) yeah that makes sense! I hope you’ll find under 4% for the rate! I know Bank of America was offering a 3.44% last week so hoping that still holds true for you since rates can change daily :)

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
The math makes sense, but I always buy my vehicles cash. Apparently I also get crap deal. Lol

But, I don’t like to be in debt.

dcwrangler

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
The math makes sense, but I always buy my vehicles cash. Apparently I also get crap deal. Lol

But, I don’t like to be in debt.
Same, I don't like to be in debt and I always paid un full for my cars. Just like any business, being in debt might actually be better if financing is lower than how much your cash can collet in interest or low risk investments.

Sponsored

dcwrangler

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Finally got my VIN and according to Jeep chat the status is D and:

"Currently we are waiting for the parts assigned to your vehicle to arrive. Once these parts arrive, your vehicle will be scheduled for and await assembly line work. Everything is moving along normally with this order and we should have an update for you soon."

OP
OP
Jeeprubicongurl

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Finally got my VIN and according to Jeep chat the status is D and:

"Currently we are waiting for the parts assigned to your vehicle to arrive. Once these parts arrive, your vehicle will be scheduled for and await assembly line work. Everything is moving along normally with this order and we should have an update for you soon."
Yay! :) my Rubi is in the same exact status as yours! Jeep chat screwed up on my estimated ship date though! They told me it was 1/1/19 and now they’re saying to don’t see one for me lol the wait and unknown is killing me! Haha!

OP
OP
Jeeprubicongurl

Jeeprubicongurl

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Subaru STI Limited
Same, I don't like to be in debt and I always paid un full for my cars. Just like any business, being in debt might actually be better if financing is lower than how much your cash can collet in interest or low risk investments.
Debts also help to build and maintain credit as well! :) not always a bad thing to take out a loan for something.

drdriller

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Yep, I remember 30 years ago taking out a loan for a kitchen table and chairs to start building my credit. Fast forward, I have credit score way north of 800 and am lucky to be able to pay cash for anything I want. I’m trying to teach my kids fiscal responsibility.

Anyway, congrats on your Jeep. I can’t wait to get mine.

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
You build is gonna be sick!! I’m pretty similar, but white and manual ;)
Sponsored