simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Nice! I see the Rotopax mounts in the one picture. Are the specific to the Evo rack, or is there some standard in play here?
Just T slot bolts.

Similar to the rhino pioneer platform rack system.
Sponsored

TxJeeper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ Sahara, 2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
So I sent the following message to TopLift Pros....

Me: Have you heard of anyone having a roof rack with an exoskeleton that you can still use the TopLift to remove the top? The GOBI will not allow it because of the back corner frame work.

The following is the response I got yesterday. Not sure what they mean on this.

TopLift Pros: Hi Mark,

We are working on something like that, coming soon.

Please subscribe to be updated at www.TopLiftPros.com we will keep you updated.

You’re going to love your TopLift Pros unit!

Thank You

Barry Avery

352-397-5490

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Hey Maximus 3 guys, would someone please upload picture of your roof removed? Do you also remove the vertical maximus braces from the jeep? I have not found a post about removing the hard top with max3 rack mounts and then putting a soft top on. Wondering how long that would take?

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Hey Maximus 3 guys, would someone please upload picture of your roof removed? Do you also remove the vertical maximus braces from the jeep? I have not found a post about removing the hard top with max3 rack mounts and then putting a soft top on. Wondering how long that would take?
In order to remove your hardtop and replace with softop, you will need to remove the 4 sports bar brackets. I'd say it would add about 10-15 minutes to your swap. The great thing about Max3 is you can run the rack topless too.

hardtop removal(2 bolts x 4brackets)
Post hardtop removal
Rear: pop rear plastic pieces, then 2 bolts and brackets are free
Forward: without dropping soundbar things are a bit tight but not too bad. pop plastic off and you have 2 bolts

hope this helps?

Sponsored

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
In order to remove your hardtop and replace with softop, you will need to remove the 4 sports bar brackets. I'd say it would add about 10-15 minutes to your swap. The great thing about Max3 is you can run the rack topless too.

Post hardtop removal
Forward: without dropping soundbar things are a bit tight but not too bad. pop plastic off and you have 2 bolts

hope this helps?
Thanks, yes it helps, I will look at install video again with that in mind

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR

Post hardtop removal

hope this helps?
I looked at the install video,
when you say "Forward: without...." do you mean you can leave the soundbar and plastic trim in place and still remove the front brackets (and put them back on later)? What tool do you use that allows you tight access and not having to remove the soundbar and trim? What piece are you talking about when you say "pop plastic off" for forward brackets? Seems like removing all that plastic trim as in the install video would be alot of work.

I am trying to decide if I need to wait for the rhino backbone system or if I would be happy with the max3 rack system. I would prefer to get a rack sooner than later, but don't want to regret it if changing tops is going to be a big hassle.

Last edited:

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
I'm in your boat too as in I would prefer a roof rack sooner than later, but for me I don't care honestly about removing top as even with the backbone system you have to remove bolts etc up front. In fact, its probably easier to remove the MAXIMUS-3 setup than backbone setup. I don't understand whats taking Rhino so long when in theory the design is identical to their JK system. Its not like years of new R&D need to be done.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I'm in your boat too as in I would prefer a roof rack sooner than later, but for me I don't care honestly about removing top as even with the backbone system you have to remove bolts etc up front. In fact, its probably easier to remove the MAXIMUS-3 setup than backbone setup. I don't understand whats taking Rhino so long when in theory the design is identical to their JK system. Its not like years of new R&D need to be done.
Really, I thought Rhinos system was easier and quicker to remove the top and be able to put soft top on.... not true?

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner
Really, I thought Rhinos system was easier and quicker to remove the top and be able to put soft top on.... not true?
No, i was saying in my case that I don't care about TOP removal its probably easier to remove the maximus one.

Sponsored

ItsUhJEEP

First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I looked at the install video,
when you say "Forward: without...." do you mean you can leave the soundbar and plastic trim in place and still remove the front brackets (and put them back on later)? What tool do you use that allows you tight access and not having to remove the soundbar and trim? What piece are you talking about when you say "pop plastic off" for forward brackets? Seems like removing all that plastic trim as in the install video would be alot of work.
The plastic piece that is at the B pillar and attached to sport bar(it actually has one torx screw then it pops off). In the pic it is outlined in yellow

A box wrench/ratchet would work best to get in between the sounder and bolt

Another thought, depending on your use/application, you may be OK not bolting the forward lower bracket. Then it would just rest on the sport bar to spread the load. Downside, the up force would be held only by the hardtop bolts.

IMG_0710.jpg

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
The plastic piece that is at the B pillar and attached to sport bar(it actually has one torx screw then it pops off). In the pic it is outlined in yellow

A box wrench/ratchet would work best to get in between the sounder and bolt

Another thought, depending on your use/application, you may be OK not bolting the forward lower bracket. Then it would just rest on the sport bar to spread the load. Downside, the up force would be held only by the hardtop bolts.

IMG_0710.jpg
Thanks. I got one on order now, and just picked up my JLUR today! Love it.

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
I do. Been using it for a month or so.

The rating of the rack is essentially the rating of the hard top itself.

21.jpg

IMG_20181107_131323.jpg

IMG_20181107_131342.jpg
Hey Simple...great looking rack
I do. Been using it for a month or so.

The rating of the rack is essentially the rating of the hard top itself.

21.jpg

IMG_20181107_131323.jpg

IMG_20181107_131342.jpg
Hey simple....nice Rack! Wait is the “Me Too” movement going to come get me now lol. Seriously though. What’s the review on the EVO rack? How’s wind noise or any noise while driving? Is it a good solid product? Any issues? What’s the added burger to the Jeep? Seriously considering buying this ASAP. I need something low profile that will fit in my garage now that I have a lift.

OP
OP
simpleJL

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Hey Simple...great looking rack

Hey simple....nice Rack! Wait is the “Me Too” movement going to come get me now lol. Seriously though. What’s the review on the EVO rack? How’s wind noise or any noise while driving? Is it a good solid product? Any issues? What’s the added burger to the Jeep? Seriously considering buying this ASAP. I need something low profile that will fit in my garage now that I have a lift.
No noticeable wind noise. It is steel, so yeah, it is solid.

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
No noticeable wind noise. It is steel, so yeah, it is solid.
Thanks Simple. Last question(s). Does it rub on the existing roof line anywhere and what is the total height added?
Sponsored