Who loves their soft top?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Good info in this thread. Question. Keep in mind I'm totally new to soft tops.

Do I have to worry about the side or rear windows flying off at highway speeds if I am in the sunrider position and/or without doors? seems like a lot of wind would be coming through and putting pressure on those windows. I noticed earlier in this thread someone noted the problem, but it wasn't really explained or expounded on. If I can't ride in the sunrider position with the windows installed at 70 to 80 MPH it will be a bummer

I sometimes (on accident of course) exceed the speed limit.
Sunrider is fine. I can’t envision a scenario where you have doors off and windows on.
Sponsored

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
I was just thinking I could see myself taking the doors off and taking the top down. Then because I live in ohio it suddenly starts pouring down rain. I stop and put the top up, then the windows but I can't do anything about the doors and I head for home. (Complicated by the fact that they're are no aftermarket doors available yet).

It's possible I would decide just to leave the windows off too, depending on if I had passengers or not, so it might be a moot point, but it could happen quite easily it seems. I pretty much hate having the doors on.

I can, oldguy---from what I've read in this forum !!!

W.E.

JIMBO

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Great question! I haven't heard of anything in our meetings but let me check on that for you!

CassieAtBestop
Since the JL windows aren’t designed to roll up anyway, any possibility of offering a hard window panes to replace the soft windows?
No need to keep those vinyl windows around anymore.

Thebigv

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jl unlimited sport
Is there a good link for a storage bag for jl unlimited premium soft top. I just bought a jl soft top. Never had a soft before. Bought soft because i had a few jk hard tops and removing panels and storing was a pain in my opinion. I just want something to store the 3 windows without scratching them. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jondrew

Jondrew

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Is there a good link for a storage bag for jl unlimited premium soft top. I just bought a jl soft top. Never had a soft before. Bought soft because i had a few jk hard tops and removing panels and storing was a pain in my opinion. I just want something to store the 3 windows without scratching them. Thanks
Lots of them. Read back this thread from the beginning and there are a couple of storage solutions.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Just don't store them on top of each other with nothing between the windows. I place my windows flat on the workbench in the garage using soft towels between them. Never have had any issues.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
There is no issue if you drive with the Sunrider open, doors on or off and windows in. I do it pretty frequently here in CO, as do others, and there are no issues. i occasionally speed as well... you know when going down hill because my 3.8 with 40s just doesn't like hills :cwl:

CassieAtBestop

Good info in this thread. Question. Keep in mind I'm totally new to soft tops.

Do I have to worry about the side or rear windows flying off at highway speeds if I am in the sunrider position and/or without doors? seems like a lot of wind would be coming through and putting pressure on those windows. I noticed earlier in this thread someone noted the problem, but it wasn't really explained or expounded on. If I can't ride in the sunrider position with the windows installed at 70 to 80 MPH it will be a bummer

I sometimes (on accident of course) exceed the speed limit.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Sponsored

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
Maybe a dumb question but how does the bass sound with the box around it?
The Bass is fine as they are not directional sound and indirect anyway, if anything it is more present with the box slightly amplifying. If you think about it the kids these days are installing their sub's in their trunks this is no different

Dhall

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wranhler JLU Sport
Any interest in trading your hard top for my soft top?

Thebigv

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jl unlimited sport
Ok thanks for window storage link. Now how about a rubber matt for the rear to cover the carpet. I have the rubber matts already thanks

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
I just received it and installed it so just a short time with it so far however it is a well designed product. I looked at every security option and this was the only one that made sense and actually looks good. It is also extremely functional. It is also designed if you want to remove it all the large panels can be removed in 1-2 minutes providing pretty much full access to the entire cargo area. It is basically like having a hard tonneau cover on a truch bed however it has better access.

It cost $699 I got it on a sale for $649 and considering that this will give me the peace of mind that anything I put in it is not likely to walk off I see it as a great value. I looked at the Tuffy system however it looks like a box on the cargo floor and you loose some storage on the sides unless you want to cram things down there and not be secure. The Slipstream allows for secure storage for the entire cargo area and the top/lid also acts as a shelf so it can provide additional unsecure cargo storage on top.

Here is a video that shows it in action

I have Dual tops so I installed and put my Hard-Top back on for now until better weather arrives. It works with either top however not really needed with a hard-top. Personally I think this is a must have item for any soft-top especially as a daily driver. Cars have trunks for a reason...
That's very nice. Looks very functional and easy to use, like that it isn't just a box and how easy it is to remove sections when you want/need to. Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored