Sponsored

DeekT

First Name
Deek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLU Rubicon (mine), 2018 White JLU Moab (wife)
Occupation
Retired
Did you actually need the wheel spacers and lift? Looks awesome!!!

DeekT

First Name
Deek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
THANKS!! LOL - is that a rhetorical question ;). To answer, definitely didn't NEED it - e.g., no clearance issues etc.
That was the question. The wife has a white MOAB and wants bigger tires but I don't want a lift or wheel spacers. I was thinking the stock Rubicon KO2s would work.

Sponsored

DeekT

First Name
Deek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Anyone know how many 2018 MOABs were built?

Sponsored

Patinito

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOAB "Saharacon"
Occupation
SysAdmin
Vehicle Showcase

Black Moab

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Moab Edition
Vehicle Showcase
That was the question. The wife has a white MOAB and wants bigger tires but I don't want a lift or wheel spacers. I was thinking the stock Rubicon KO2s would work.
The 33in KO2 like the rubi's have will work fine, but wont be that noticeably bigger since they are only 1 in bigger basically. Based on my 2.5in lift and 315/70R17 KO2's (34.4x12.4) on my moab I would say a 34x11.5 would be just fine on a stock moab no spaces, no lift especially if it wont see any rock crawling. Since the moabs don't have electronic disconnecting sway bars, unless your wife is manually disconnecting them to off road, i don't see there being enough articulation for a 34 to hit the fenders stock. The issue comes in my set up when you put a 12.5 wide on the stock moab rims with no spacers is that you can rub the lower control arm at full turn due to the +44 offset rims. I will be adding spacers soon to fix my issue. If you don't want to run spacers or lift I would do a set of 285/75R17 Nitto ridge grapplers C load range not E load range. they measure out to 33.86x11.26 inches and are a great tire. Hope this helps. You can see pics of my set up in an earlier post in this thread.

Last edited:

JDub1156

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB
FYI for other MOAB owners... I was curious about the suspension on mine and did a Jeep chat twice. Amazed I couldn’t get answer if it was Sahara or Rubicon. I called local dealership and gave the VINs of mine vs Sahara vs Rubicon. Was told BOTH (springs and shocks) are the same part #’s as Rubicon, NOT Sahara. Finding out this is a true split between the two models.
Sponsored