Wrangler JL 3.6L Tuning Now Available from Superchips

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Asked same question on their website. Crickets...
Too bad; that’s what happens when profits take precedence over customer support.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
No, theres no means of seeing that the pcm has been flashed or that anything has changed. You wnt find anyone reporting this to be an issue on any 15+ models where the pcm swap is required.
Thanks
Ok Superchips, just a little confused. This was the top sheet in the box I got today with the unlocked PCM. Seems like it contradicts what you said? If you could clarify that would be great. Thanks

Resized_20181220_130836_349.jpeg

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Curious to know if this tune sharpens throttle response and gets rid of the ever annoying rev hang ?
I have the flashcal and.would upgrade to the flashpag if it gets rid of the rev hang.

Would love to be able to control my jeep just with the throttle when crawling, like I used to do maaaaaany years ago.

Sponsored

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Install throw warranty away. Call all dealers and verify.

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
How it works in the HEMI world, which I assume is same as the Jeep world, unlocked PCM will carry a p1400 code which shows its been modified. Keep your stock PCM and put it back in when you are concerned about warranty stuff.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok Superchips, just a little confused. This was the top sheet in the box I got today with the unlocked PCM. Seems like it contradicts what you said? If you could clarify that would be great. Thanks

Resized_20181220_130836_349.jpeg
And with this, Superchips is a no for me.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The only way to tune pretty much any new vehicle including a JK is through a PCM swap, not sure why this is “news” to anyone.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only way to tune pretty much any new vehicle including a JK is through a PCM swap, not sure why this is “news” to anyone.
Its not "news." We were simply looking for an answer to a question. That question is can the dealer tell you've hacked your PCM if you return it to the stock tune after the PCM swap? As a Californian, I am also concerned that this product could fail to pass our Smog test - not because it would pollute at a greater rate, but because they plug into your OBEDII port during testing. I also asked this question on the Superchips website. On the site they answered that the hacked chips are genuine FCA/MOPAR and indistinguishable. However, with the @cball508 and @FlyByU posts above, that statement may be a little misleading. Now I'm under the impression that the hacked PCMs would likely pass a visual inspection, but will also carry a code that "may be visible with a scan tool". Would love for Superchips to come on an just set all the records straight. Not trying to be a jerk to one of the site's sponsors, but clearly there is some confusion here. Just looking for an honest answer and then people can make an informed decision either way.

Despite my tone, I am hoping for a positive outcome here. I would purchase this product in a second because they have posted some amazing HP gains and I'd love to take advantage of that - but not at the expense of not being able to pass a CA Smog test or ruin my warranty.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cball508

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392
How it works in the HEMI world, which I assume is same as the Jeep world, unlocked PCM will carry a p1400 code which shows its been modified. Keep your stock PCM and put it back in when you are concerned about warranty stuff.
The PCM swap has a core charge. They send you an unlocked PCM and you take out yours and send it back within 14 days. If you don't I believe it's a $600 charge. Not feasible to most so keeping your factory PCM isn't really an option.

I'd really like to hear a response from @superchips with the above questions though. Thanks

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
The PCM swap has a core charge. They send you an unlocked PCM and you take out yours and send it back within 14 days. If you don't I believe it's a $600 charge. Not feasible to most so keeping your factory PCM isn't really an option.

I'd really like to hear a response from @superchips with the above questions though. Thanks
Didnt realize there were doing a core program. Id pay the extra and keep my factory PCM, it'll save you a ton of heartache later. Pricey no doubt. Ughhhh

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Didnt realize there were doing a core program. Id pay the extra and keep my factory PCM, it'll save you a ton of heartache later. Pricey no doubt. Ughhhh
I’ve decided to stay away from this PCM upgrade confusion.

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
How do I know if the shop that installed my tires and wheels used a FlashCal? I have the unit in the Jeep but not sure if it was installed or they just have it to me to install.
Sponsored