Sponsored

Light switch question

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Dumb question here so take it easy on me lol. I can't figure out what the roll switch on the left is for? Next to the headlight dial knob. I do not have DRL. Base 2dr sport the one on the right I've found is for the interior dome light. Looked in manual and can't find any info. Anyone know? Hopefully the pic uploaded.

2E6442B0-EBC0-4355-9620-D0B76CF3681E.jpeg
Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
I had the same question a bit back and after some searches came across a couple of posts from early 2018. The one on the left controls the "ambient" lighting like the lights in the interior door pulls (yes they really are there but REALLY hard to see), and I think the lights under the dash so you see how much mud you have on your shoes. The right one is for the dash lights and all the little lit up buttons, etc. If you turn it up all the way everything stays on full bright day or night. If you turn it down one notch (the only notch you can feel) but no more then the instrument cluster and radio will dim when the headlights come on. If you want those and all the buttons, shift lever (auto) lower then just keep turning it down. Hope that helps as it's not in the manual that I could find.

OP
OP
JLsport19

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
I had the same question a bit back and after some searches came across a couple of posts from early 2018. The one on the left controls the "ambient" lighting like the lights in the interior door pulls (yes they really are there but REALLY hard to see), and I think the lights under the dash so you see how much mud you have on your shoes. The right one is for the dash lights and all the little lit up buttons, etc. If you turn it up all the way everything stays on full bright day or night. If you turn it down one notch (the only notch you can feel) but no more then the instrument cluster and radio will dim when the headlights come on. If you want those and all the buttons, shift lever (auto) lower then just keep turning it down. Hope that helps as it's not in the manual that I could find.
Man I appreciate it. It was driving me nuts. That or the level of my IQ. Trying to decide which one lol

OP
OP
JLsport19

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@JLsport19
@MORTON

Actually, it is the the ambient light control. In regard to the Sport it controls the small ambient light in door handle.

For Rubicons, Sahara and Moab's, Sport S, it controls the ambient door handle light and also the foot well ambient lighting.

dimmer.jpg

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rhinebeck01

Actually the Sport S also has the door handle and footwell ambient lighting as well ;)
Yup, I was correcting my blunder, right about the time you were posting I guess.. I'm real slow typing on my smartphone..

Well, at least the OP, has the info he was looking for, now.. 8-)

OP
OP
JLsport19

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Mines the base sport. I haven't looked closely but I don't think I have a light in the door handle?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mines the base sport. I haven't looked closely but I don't think I have a light in the door handle?
@JLsport19

I'm pretty sure you do. Please do take a look see and post here your findings.. 8-)

Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Yep, like @Rhinebeck01 said you most likely do. In the day open the door and (while standing outside preferably) look up to the top of the handle insert. You'll spot a small rectangle about the size of a fat 1 on your keyboard (not Smartphone). Been there, done that. Even at night it's not the easiest to spot but my guess in the middle of nowhere (Jeep territory) it would be bright as day.

OP
OP
JLsport19

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
Yep, like @Rhinebeck01 said you most likely do. In the day open the door and (while standing outside preferably) look up to the top of the handle insert. You'll spot a small rectangle about the size of a fat 1 on your keyboard (not Smartphone). Been there, done that. Even at night it's not the easiest to spot but my guess in the middle of nowhere (Jeep territory) it would be bright as day.
That right there?

39998FDD-012D-4F44-BB3F-AAC5ADBA59CE.jpeg

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
@JLsport19

Yep - you found it FAST! And I can see it's turned on so yep - it works! Mystery 1 solved. On to the next ha ha! :jk:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Firecracker18

A few weeks ago, a local friend of mine said his Sport did not have... we went around and around. Anyway, he called me a few days later and said, daaaaah ......... that I was right again.

OP
OP
JLsport19

JLsport19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
@JLsport19

Yep - you found it FAST! And I can see it's turned on so yep - it works! Mystery 1 solved. On to the next ha ha! :jk:
I know. I went out to my shop to look. Had to shut the lights off out there to actually see it on Went a little over kill with the amount of LED lights I had installed on the ceiling. Almost too bright out there. I very much appreciate the help! Thank you again!
Sponsored