Sponsored

2018 JL & Tazer

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I was looking at the tazer. I see it has several functions..My concern is will this void my warranty...One options I can see I would like is the lights show, auto engine stop off and ability to input addresses in nav system without having to stop.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’m a new owner of the tazer jl mini, it’s great, does everything as advertised, don’t know about voiding warranty, I just unplug it, plug connectors back in the gateway, and take it out of Jeep before I take it in for any service, everything goes back to factory settings. I had to reset my settings when I put it back in. Not sure if it supposed to store your settings or not but not a deal breaker for me, it’s easy.

OP
OP
NCIC105

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
I’m a new owner of the tazer jl mini, it’s great, does everything as advertised, don’t know about voiding warranty, I just unplug it, plug connectors back in the gateway, and take it out of Jeep before I take it in for any service, everything goes back to factory settings. I had to reset my settings when I put it back in. Not sure if it supposed to store your settings or not but not a deal breaker for me, it’s easy.
Thank you for the information

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Just unmarry the tool and remove it whenever you visit the dealer. The Tazer has zero effect on your warranty!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@FlyByU

Your blanket statement "The Tazer has zero effect on your warranty!" ........ is nonsensical at best.

It sure can, if you rub the Tazer JL or any programmer, in the dealer's face, so to speak. If you think otherwise you are really missing the boat.

Sponsored

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
@FlyByU

Your blanket statement "The Tazer has zero effect on your warranty!" ........ is nonsensical at best.

It sure can, if you rub the Tazer JL or any programmer, in the dealer's face, so to speak. If you think otherwise you are really missing the boat.
I should have prefaced my statement with "common sense should prevail" I often dont include rhetorical statements when I post up, lol. I give the readers some credit.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@FlyByU

It's not a matter of giving the reader's some credit.

We have a lot of guys / gals, that are not up to speed lets say, in regard to programmer's and more.

They come here asking, so they are more knowledgeable.

Often a well worded, thought out reply, is better then an iffy, "blanket statement" that can give the reader the totally wrong idea.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
@FlyByU

It's not a matter of giving the reader's some credit.

We have a lot of guys / gals, that are not up to speed lets say, in regard to programmer's and more.

They come here asking, so they are more knowledgeable.

Often a well worded, thought out reply, is better then an iffy, "blanket statement" that can give the reader the totally wrong idea.

Good point. Just ask Jeep Garage how all the people that contacted Jeep Chat saying "but the tracking info that I have says..." worked out for them.

OP
OP
NCIC105

NCIC105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Good point. Just ask Jeep Garage how all the people that contacted Jeep Chat saying "but the tracking info that I have says..." worked out for them.
Thank you all for your response, I feel as if I'm better equipped to make the decision.

This will be the first programmer I have ever owned and while it is not to enhance performance I do want to turn off auto start/stop and set up light show....Removing the ability for the passenger to input addresses in the Nav while on the roll would be nice, it is not a deal breaker...

Again "Thanks"
Sponsored