Top things you DON'T like about the New JL Wrangler

FrenchSSGTMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUS V6
1) Do you still use a rotary phone at home and have a cell phone the size of a briefcase? Just curious.

And what the hell is wrong with leaving the key in your pocket. Ya know, where it was before you got in the car? And incidentally where it will go when you get out of the car?
Btw I’m pretty sure that I saw in one of these dealerships videos, that the space between the 2 cup holders between the front seats is made to fit the key...
And yeah, why put it in the ignition to then put them back in your pocket ?!
Rich people problems again...
Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
:facepalm: I guess I’ll never get back those 2 minutes.
"I don't like the new way Jeep is doing things, it should be like it used to be, except it should have a power soft top and it should have a V-8 option because that is the way it was in 1941" :headbang: Personally I would not change anything, it is a Jeep, it is imperfectly perfect. We are in 2018 and there are things cars have to do in order for the mass market to accept them, sure a stripper Rubicon with no backseat, carpet, Hemi, 37's, and dana 60's from the factory would be cool but Jeep is here to make money. They have done an awesome job at that over the last 10 years with the JK which has lead to all kinds of bonuses on the JL that would have otherwise never been there. I personally feel that the JL has been the first Jeep in a while to be truly designed and crafted by a true Jeep fan not just a suit. It was made evident to me when a saw an interview with the head designer who was talking about the fold down windshield and how everyone at Jeep didn't want it because it was such a PITA. But it was to the core what a Wrangler was and is so they found a way to do it. :jk:

OP
OP
Tyrantresister

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
1) Do you still use a rotary phone at home and have a cell phone the size of a briefcase? Just curious.

And what the hell is wrong with leaving the key in your pocket. Ya know, where it was before you got in the car? And incidentally where it will go when you get out of the car?
I still appreciate and use a land line for better call quality and to escape the radiation and other effects from long cell calls.

And that big key (on a key chain with all my other house / office keys) is too bulky to put in a work pants pocket. That's what's wrong with it. Understand?

OP
OP
Tyrantresister

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you wheeled with a set of KO2s? They're fantastic off-road, even in mud. As excellent as KM and KM2s are for rock crawling and mudding, they're useless in rain and snow. The KO2 is significantly better for poor weather conditions on-road that, quite frankly, most Rubicons will spend the majority of their time on.

I'm not dogging on MTs by any means, but for a general purpose tire that works well both on and off-road, the KO2 is really the way to go.
KO2s great in mud? That's NOT what I have read. And while the KO2s may be GREAT all terrain tires (and awesome on the road, they will still not hold a candle to a dedicated mud tire like the new Firestone Destination MT2 when off road. A mud tire like that also has great manners on road, and it looks and performs much better off road. I never much cared for the brains tread pattern look of the KO2s.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tyrantresister

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Btw I’m pretty sure that I saw in one of these dealerships videos, that the space between the 2 cup holders between the front seats is made to fit the key...
And yeah, why put it in the ignition to then put them back in your pocket ?!
Rich people problems again...
Ok, add your car key to the key chain with all your house and work keys and then try to put it in that slot....

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
KO2s great in mud? That's NOT what I have read. And while the KO2s may be GREAT all terrain tires (and awesome on the road, they will still not hold a candle to a dedicated mud tire like the new Firestone Destination MT2 when off road. A mud tire like that also has great manners on road, and it looks and performs much better off road. I never much cared for the brains tread pattern look of the KO2s.
Swapping my current 35" Grabber X3s with those A/Ts. I agree with you, they might be good tires but I don't care for the look either (obviously not a deal breaker) and since we have the option to go 35s right off the lot then why not!

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Hater Thread all ready! Ok I'll bite! I love it all! It's makes the JK seem like a Model A, (A=Antique).
I'm out!

OP
OP
Tyrantresister

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hater Thread all ready! Ok I'll bite! I love it all! It's makes the JK seem like a Model A, (A=Antique).
I'm out!
If you actually bothered to read the post, you'd see that I love the new JL and think it's an improvement. That doesn't mean that there are things I'm not happy with / think they could have improved.

BTW, no one over 30 uses the term "hater".

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
704543.jpg

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
If you actually bothered to read the post, you'd see that I love the new JL and think it's an improvement. That doesn't mean that there are things I'm not happy with / think they could have improved.

BTW, no one over 30 uses the term "hater".
I'm old school! What else should I have called it, it just seems that way to me. "Disgruntled thread" that better? I'm not saying your original statements were bad, but the pile on will soon begin. The point is, they could have made it fly, and people would complain about "how high" .

OP
OP
Tyrantresister

Tyrantresister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Constructive criticism is a good thing, and leads to a better product.

Don't understand the butthurt.

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
I frankly think they have done a great job with keeping the original feel of the car while still modernizing it. The more features they add (push button start, modernized interior, sensors, b/u camera, etc.) the more people will buy the car, hardcore jeepers or not. The more successful the car is, the larger the aftermarket, etc. etc. etc. I see no downside.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
I think they did an amazing job with the redesign. That being said, I have just a few minor criticisms -None of which will prevent me from ordering. ;)

The Price is a little high

The lack of an upgrade option for the Premium Top or Alpine audio in the base Sport model

It seems odd that the base Sport (with no power windows or locks) has push button start, when you have to use the physical key to unlock the door anyway.

That the Sport S (with power windows and locks) doesn't have proximity entry standard, considering there must already be a proximity sensor on the car that's being used by the ignition. It's probably just a software change, so maybe we'll have an option to enable it via Procal.

A 7" infotainment screen and AC should be standard on a $30K+ vehicle. Heck, they even come standard on a $13k Chevrolet Spark.

The Automatic Transmission option should not cost $2k when the average price is probably around $1,200. I may get a manual, so this isn't a huge concern.

As I mentioned above, all of these things are minor and won't prevent me from getting my jeep. Nothing else in the current market compares to a Wrangler, so there is no need for Jeep to be competitive with pricing or standard options.

Last edited:

mac0822

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Push button start sucks. Agreed.

Automatic is $2,000?

Halogens are standard on a $40,000 Rubicon?
Sponsored