Not open for further replies.

Shay.Bear

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
That’s Awesome. Congratulations @Shay.Bear. This will be my second Wrangler and 3rd Jeep. My first car was a ‘96 Grand Cherokee. My first Wrangler was a TJ that the frame rusted in half almost 2 years ago (got it used from PA) and have been waiting for the JL to get a new one. It’s been killing me waiting for this one.
Thank you! That’s awesome that you’ve kept it in the Jeep family. Hopefully the wait won’t be that much longer:fingerscrossed:
Sponsored

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I believe there is some confusion there on the way the two dealers present their pricing. Beck is very forward and upfront about their cost and are willing to work with you from there. Koons on the other hand tells you 5% under invoice but that doesn’t include the dealer fee and in the fine print you read that the 5% doesn’t include destination fee (which on my jeep is around 1200 bucks). So I’m just assuming that when you called and said you could get 5% under invoice they thought you wanted to walk out of the door at that price. They are willing to work with you. Plus I would prefer to talk to my dealer about what the out the door cost is going to look like, and not as a percentage under invoice price plus blah blah blah. Not sure if you had a bad experience there in the past, but I have always preferred them not only for their pricing, but truly for there customer service.
Okay, I emailed them a copy of my invoice I got from Koon's as I did with all of my requests, which has a bottom line out the door price.

I don't know how I could have been clearer on the price with everything added and subtracted to OTD.

No one in Florida that I asked would do anything and the local dealer said, "They can't do that. This is illegal and below my cost. They are ripping you off."

I would be glad to buy local or even in Florida, but money talks.

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
On a day like today...I sure wished I had my new Rubi...the Cherokee did fine...but wishing I had the new Rubi already ;)

FC54D0F5-843E-4920-8DC4-D775F4EF7AC6.jpeg

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
They aren’t the first dealer to advertise like this, but I wouldn’t trust a dealer when I’ve got contradicting info before I even stepped foot on the lot. And yea that is the “wow” pricing. Right after the wow it talks about keeping rebates on a Jeep which we all know are basically non existent because they sell like hot cakes.
This is my original order form from my Jeep dealership (soon to be former) and the written numbers are from KOONS. The destination fee is still in there when KOONS reduces the price. So what do you guys think?

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, I emailed them a copy of my invoice I got from Koon's as I did with all of my requests, which has a bottom line out the door price.

I don't know how I could have been clearer on the price with everything added and subtracted to OTD.

No one in Florida that I asked would do anything and the local dealer said, "They can't do that. This is illegal and below my cost. They are ripping you off."

I would be glad to buy local or even in Florida, but money talks.
I spoke with my brother’s wife yesterday (she works for dealerships) and she and my brother both said that I’d probably have to leave Fl to get a deal. I too, would like to stay local, but they don’t want to deal.

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D1F5EFAD-BF27-4047-AB4C-1D4607506C91.png
This is my original order form from my Jeep dealership (soon to be former) and the written numbers are from KOONS. The destination fee is still in there when KOONS reduces the price. So what do you guys think?

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am guessing thats what will happen, the ETA is not time to completion and shipment but more like time before build starts and as the dates keep passing FCA is just extending them. I do not think anyone is truly surprised by any of this, its just the lack of communication from them officially that keeps us all in the dark. New vehicle assembly roll outs cant be easy, I mean sure its the same old same old, build a line, test it in advance etc....but when you consider the massive quantity Jeep has to produce even up front like this its got to be a rather huge number. Between all the dealers across the country placing their orders and customer orders...its a lot.

Well actually i went and did some research, there are an estimated 2500 DCJR dealerships across the country. If each dealer got lets just say 2 or 3 initial orders thats still only 7500, then add in customer orders....I have no idea what that number is....maybe i dunno lets say 10,000 initially, 17,500 demand up front, and Jeep is averaging 1600 (or shooting for 1600) per 24 hours right? I cannot recall where i saw that 1600 number but it was in a thread here somewhere, goal of 800 per shift, 2 shifts per day. That is only 11 days...i know i know my numbers are probably way off on the orders, but still! Let me keep grasping at straws while i impatiently wait lol
I love that you did research! :handsinair:

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
My guy hasn’t even discussed pricing with me. Took my deposit said it was refundable if I decided I didn’t want it and said we’d figure it out when it gets here. It’s a friend of a friend though I’m pretty confident he won’t screw me over.

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Mine is still in JB. I think it's sitting waiting on the headliner to get installed. Hopefully KZ this week.

Sponsored

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Magnificent!!!

how was the snow drive?
Awesome, the hill to my lot is extremely steep! It was untouched when I came in, I left it in 2 wheel drive. Mic Drop!

Jeep4Life

First Name
Cyndi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
So since I got a VIN# the day I ordered Monday that means I should expect to receive sometime Friday or Saturday right :)

sheldon-sarcasm-meme.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.