Not open for further replies.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
My guess, and perhaps Dealer Guy can offer some insight...maybe my dealer already got their allocation of initial JL orders, and mine will have to be part of the next allocation for them? They already have 44 on site or in transit, which seems like a lot.
It does seem like a lot; my dealer has zero on lot
Sponsored

JayV

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 Ford Expedition EL 4x4
Just got this from "Jeep Chat"

Great. What is the status Code? D1?
chatAgent.png
Mitchell: Correct! It looks like we have been in this stage for 6 days now, the process can take up to 30 days but most Wranglers are moving on around the first to second weeks.
Just talked with Dylan at Jeep Chat. He's gonna reach out to the information center and then email me more details. I'm going to hang out here and not hold my breath waiting on a response.

wired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Red with soft top
Just talked with Dylan at Jeep Chat. He's gonna reach out to the information center and then email me more details. I'm going to hang out here and not hold my breath waiting on a response.
Good luck with that. Unfortunately both times that chat said they were going to "escalate" my case (due to over 30 days in D, or over 60 days and still not in build) they promised to contact me but never got back to me. But maybe that is what pushed mine into E this week. Who knows?

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
Are you talking about:

Beck Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Palatka?

If so, I emailed them and they said take the Koon's deal as they couldn't come close and I have bought Jeeps from them in the past.
I believe there is some confusion there on the way the two dealers present their pricing. Beck is very forward and upfront about their cost and are willing to work with you from there. Koons on the other hand tells you 5% under invoice but that doesn’t include the dealer fee and in the fine print you read that the 5% doesn’t include destination fee (which on my jeep is around 1200 bucks). So I’m just assuming that when you called and said you could get 5% under invoice they thought you wanted to walk out of the door at that price. They are willing to work with you. Plus I would prefer to talk to my dealer about what the out the door cost is going to look like, and not as a percentage under invoice price plus blah blah blah. Not sure if you had a bad experience there in the past, but I have always preferred them not only for their pricing, but truly for there customer service.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I believe there is some confusion there on the way the two dealers present their pricing. Beck is very forward and upfront about their cost and are willing to work with you from there. Koons on the other hand tells you 5% under invoice but that doesn’t include the dealer fee and in the fine print you read that the 5% doesn’t include destination fee (which on my jeep is around 1200 bucks). So I’m just assuming that when you called and said you could get 5% under invoice they thought you wanted to walk out of the door at that price. They are willing to work with you. Plus I would prefer to talk to my dealer about what the out the door cost is going to look like, and not as a percentage under invoice price plus blah blah blah. Not sure if you had a bad experience there in the past, but I have always preferred them not only for their pricing, but truly for there customer service.
The Koons group buy price says very clearly that it includes destination. Did you get a quote without it?

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@JAY What does "Ingate Rebay at Facility" mean? That's my latest update on the spreadsheet, at 3:29pm today. Other than that, my ETA remains 1/25-1/31. I'm assuming it is sitting and waiting for transport, as others ahead of it are being shipped out.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
thats the online WOW price - and yes pretty shady.

But this is from the post on the 5% under invoice Group Buy, and it clearly includes freight. Just curious if you had a different experience because I am thinking of using them.

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 10.40.07 PM.png

LMontes

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 1994 XJ
Occupation
Business Owner
My auto Rubi soft top only is in E. There are two soft top only JLs in KZ, though neither one of them have an ETA yet .?!?
I think DanW has a manual transmission
I ordered 11/3 (13 days before you) and skipped D1 completely and went from D to E a few days ago. Good Luck!
You order is my only hope to think that my jeep is going to go from D1 to KZ overnight.....ha ha! :fingerscrossed:

PCTiger90

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
I'm a manual soft top with an ETA of 1/25 but I'm not D1 on this sheet yet. I'm expecting (as with most) I will actually start to be built in the ETA date as opposed to being shipped (unless build starts in the next few days.

We know manuals are already built, but not any soft top only jeeps. The soft top itself is not the hold up because dual tops are shipping, but soft top o lys are still in limbo, more info to come next week with mine hopefully.
FYI, as another data point. My original estimated shipping date was today. Well, today came and went with no movement (still in D1 according to Jeep chat and the dealer’s POC but not even listed past VON on Jay’s spreadsheet). I’m not surprised, just another datapoint. I stopped by the dealer today to get a new printout of the POC. The new estimated shipping date is Friday (1/19). No way it could be built by then, so not realistic. Will it go to E by then? Let’s say based on what I’m seeing here, I’m not holding my breath.

Sponsored

ParkerS12

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jku Sahara 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT
thats the online WOW price - and yes pretty shady.

But this is from the post on the 5% under invoice Group Buy, and it clearly includes freight. Just curious if you had a different experience because I am thinking of using them.

Screen Shot 2018-01-16 at 10.40.07 PM.png
They aren’t the first dealer to advertise like this, but I wouldn’t trust a dealer when I’ve got contradicting info before I even stepped foot on the lot. And yea that is the “wow” pricing. Right after the wow it talks about keeping rebates on a Jeep which we all know are basically non existent because they sell like hot cakes.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
FYI, as another data point. My original estimated shipping date was today. Well, today came and went with no movement (still in D1 according to Jeep chat and the dealer’s POC but not even listed past VON on Jay’s spreadsheet). I’m not surprised, just another datapoint. I stopped by the dealer today to get a new printout of the POC. The new estimated shipping date is Friday (1/19). No way it could be built by then, so not realistic. Will it go to E by then? Let’s say based on what I’m seeing here, I’m not holding my breath.
I am guessing thats what will happen, the ETA is not time to completion and shipment but more like time before build starts and as the dates keep passing FCA is just extending them. I do not think anyone is truly surprised by any of this, its just the lack of communication from them officially that keeps us all in the dark. New vehicle assembly roll outs cant be easy, I mean sure its the same old same old, build a line, test it in advance etc....but when you consider the massive quantity Jeep has to produce even up front like this its got to be a rather huge number. Between all the dealers across the country placing their orders and customer orders...its a lot.

Well actually i went and did some research, there are an estimated 2500 DCJR dealerships across the country. If each dealer got lets just say 2 or 3 initial orders thats still only 7500, then add in customer orders....I have no idea what that number is....maybe i dunno lets say 10,000 initially, 17,500 demand up front, and Jeep is averaging 1600 (or shooting for 1600) per 24 hours right? I cannot recall where i saw that 1600 number but it was in a thread here somewhere, goal of 800 per shift, 2 shifts per day. That is only 11 days...i know i know my numbers are probably way off on the orders, but still! Let me keep grasping at straws while i impatiently wait lol

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I am guessing thats what will happen, the ETA is not time to completion and shipment but more like time before build starts and as the dates keep passing FCA is just extending them. I do not think anyone is truly surprised by any of this, its just the lack of communication from them officially that keeps us all in the dark. New vehicle assembly roll outs cant be easy, I mean sure its the same old same old, build a line, test it in advance etc....but when you consider the massive quantity Jeep has to produce even up front like this its got to be a rather huge number. Between all the dealers across the country placing their orders and customer orders...its a lot.

Well actually i went and did some research, there are an estimated 2500 DCJR dealerships across the country. If each dealer got lets just say 2 or 3 initial orders thats still only 7500, then add in customer orders....I have no idea what that number is....maybe i dunno lets say 10,000 initially, 17,500 demand up front, and Jeep is averaging 1600 (or shooting for 1600) per 24 hours right? I cannot recall where i saw that 1600 number but it was in a thread here somewhere, goal of 800 per shift, 2 shifts per day. That is only 11 days...i know i know my numbers are probably way off on the orders, but still! Let me keep grasping at straws while i impatiently wait lol
It's not that many. I think it's 800 in a day at full tilt. Someone else said they can get to 1,200.

OP
OP
JAY

JAY

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@JAY What does "Ingate Rebay at Facility" mean? That's my latest update on the spreadsheet, at 3:29pm today. Other than that, my ETA remains 1/25-1/31. I'm assuming it is sitting and waiting for transport, as others ahead of it are being shipped out.
From what I understand it means your JL is back at the plant from an offsite location in preparation for it to be shipped via truck or train. Should hopefully be on the move within a few days!

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
well that sucks

26239482_1908966919118311_5854977071448024922_n.jpg
Sponsored

Status