Sponsored

What Jeep gear did you get for Christmas?

1995YJ

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ Rio Grande, 2018 JL Sport S 3.6L 6 Spd
Occupation
Firefighter
Bartact baseline seat covers

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Motobilt diff covers, Brawlee tailgate light, Jammock, rock lights, and a hitch mounted cargo basket.

889E218A-2A85-4743-8F65-7CFA57E980DA.jpeg

4F0FB2BD-2ECE-414F-86DE-F759BAE2CB3B.jpeg

10FE7467-626A-42FC-813F-86E500B5798C.jpeg
Brett, would you share with me details on the hitch mounted cargo basket, like who makes it and where to get it: maybe a link?

It's collapsibility to open the cargo door when it's otherwise not storing gear is quite ingenious.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Brett, would you share with me details on the hitch mounted cargo basket, like who makes it and where to get it: maybe a link?

It's collapsibility to open the cargo door when it's otherwise not storing gear is quite ingenious.
My wife got it from Amazon. Unfortunately, it doesn’t clear the tire for me. Maybe if I had a stock sized spare, a spare tire relocation bracket, or a 2 inch drop hitch extension (if those even exist). I’ll have to work with it to see if I can come up with something.

Merax Foldable Hitch Cargo Carrier Mounted Basket Luggage Rack with 2" Receiver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B43LRDU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_eMPiCb96TVZC9

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
My wife got it from Amazon. Unfortunately, it doesn’t clear the tire for me. Maybe if I had a stock sized spare, a spare tire relocation bracket, or a 2 inch drop hitch extension (if those even exist). I’ll have to work with it to see if I can come up with something.

Merax Foldable Hitch Cargo Carrier Mounted Basket Luggage Rack with 2" Receiver https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B43LRDU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_eMPiCb96TVZC9
Thanks...I imagine you could always distance it from the rear of the rig with a hitch extension. Harbor Freight has them cheap. This, if nothing else, would allow you to open the cargo door at least partly, if not completely, to get gear out, irrespective of what height you've set the basket's walls at.

Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks...I imagine you could always distance it from the rear of the rig with a hitch extension. Harbor Freight has them cheap. This, if nothing else, would allow you to open the cargo door at least partly, if not completely, to get gear out, irrespective of what height you've set the basket's walls at.
That’s a good idea. I’ll look into it. Here is the current situation...

428DA423-FD50-421A-AA39-E343E69EBBBD.jpeg

XTrooper

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Retired in the mountains of Northeastern PA
Website
xtrooper.net
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
Occupation
Retired New Jersey State Trooper
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I ordered my TeraFlex Falcon Nexus EF 2.2 fast adjust steering stabilizer on Black Friday, but there was a national backorder on them and it's not being delivered until tomorrow. I guess it now qualifies as a Christmas present! :)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

If I may, an accessory for your accessory, or at least some friendly advise....:)

If you're going to open the carpeting below the mat's drain plugs to the ground below, think twice, of at least watch this video regarding the problems and solutions with same if you haven't already.