Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

And now for a free hack.

There is a seam between the dash and passenger grab handle. This gap can be used to place papers. Yes there is a paper clip on each visor, but papers there can be overlooked/forgotten. My wife puts stuff in the handle seam that we need to remember. For example, I had some mail to drop off. Tuck it in the handle and ta da, instant reminder, while also holding the envelope.

IMG_20181221_140641010.jpg

PS, the stuffed bear behind the mail is just there. It's not part of the hack, just a passenger who rides in the handle. Hence the scarf for the cold weather. :)
A winner - thanks
Sponsored

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
Before installing my ACE Engineering Rock Rails, I added a little mesh to the underside of them to close off the opening in the hopes it would block gravel from pummeling my Jeep.

I used this material (1 piece cut in half fits 1 side):
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hillman-12-in-x-2-ft-Cold-Rolled-Weldable-Steel-Expanded-Sheet/3051815

And cut it like this...
upload_2018-10-28_11-53-18.png

This is the underside. Painted them with undercoating:
upload_2018-10-28_11-54-27.png

This is the top side:
upload_2018-10-28_11-55-32.png

I used #8 x 5/8" self-drilled metal screws and #8 flat washers to attach the expanded metal to the steps.

Mounted on my JL
Side-Steps.jpg

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Before installing my ACE Engineering Rock Rails, I added a little mesh to the underside of them to close off the opening in the hopes it would block gravel from pummeling my Jeep.
..making a manufacturer's accessory better...

totally hack worth!:rock: Nice job @JoeValkIS

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Are you sitting?

I ask that in the context of someone about to share important or exciting news with another.

I also predict that when you see the following hack you will want it in your man cave (or she shed--that's fine too--) if not get into a huge fight with your spouse, on how this piece of furniture belongs in your "Louis the 16th" themed formal living room.

jeeptables.jpg

http://www.southeasternsalvage.com/landing-furniture.php

P.S. Why do I suspect people will get into heated arguments over weather their table has, or should have LEDs or halogens?;)

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Carl @sanman357 , "nothin for nothin," but was your license plate a custom order or "was it destiny" that you should be assigned "JEP" as the first three letters in your license plates?;)

This has NOTHING to do with you, except it's additional license plate humor, but I've always found this one funny. Hint, the bikini clad woman is next to a Jeep Wrangler. Some people miss that. I know I do on occasion. ;)

assholelicenseplate.jpg

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
.....We good, I hope so. I'm good with you.
Of course we're good, and there's no need for you to apologize. I appreciate you doing so, but not necessary since you did/said nothing wrong. Likewise, I will also extend an apology in case I somehow made it seem that I took offense. I did not. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

FWIW, I'm finally caught up on all 9 pages. I actually read through them before posting my "paper/reminder" hack. Definitely a thread worth keeping on the watch list.

I used some rubber chair tips from Lowe’s to bridge the gap between the factory tailgate bumpstops and my spare tire. I thought I’d need the disposal hose as well but ended up just using the chair tips.
This is one of the more creative things I've seen done. Cheap, easy, and effective. I've always liked seeing things used effectively for purposes other than which they were originally intended.

Sponsored

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
Carl @sanman357 , "nothin for nothin," but was your license plate a custom order or "was it destiny" that you should be assigned "JEP" as the first three letters in your license plates?;)

This has NOTHING to do with you, except it's additional license plate humor, but I've always found this one funny. Hint, the bikini clad woman is next to a Jeep Wrangler. Some people miss that. I know I do on occasion. ;)

assholelicenseplate.jpg
Only thing better is if the numbers were 1941

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Limb Risers...you know, these guys:

limbrisers.jpg

Useful in getting limbs to stay away from your rig when overlanding.....

or people's shopping bags at the mall;)

You can pay North of $65 to buy em, or follow this video to make em yourself:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
(Said with comic overtones)

@47Jeepster , @5280 , @RussJeep1 (me): our fender rock prevention ideas....

….we've got nothing on this guy;)

rocksinfender.jpg

Of course this is a bit like suggesting that @Jeepmarkjl 's idea on pipe insulation to prevent things from falling under the seat is moot...if you've removed your seat …

or that the following is a solution to dealing with rotating, replacing, balancing and maintaining pressure in tires, much less a spare:;)

notires.jpg

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I love it !!!!!!
I'm sure the kids think a rope ladder is fun too.
Sponsored