Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, Hydro blue
Occupation
Chief Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
2018 rubicon JL, came without the factory steel bumpers and the AUX switches. I added the factory 4 aux switches that fit in the factory hole next to the sway-bar button.

Baja Designs lights, I installed a 20'' high-power light bar in the bumper, one good feature is the 3rd wire that allows you to ground it to a momentary switch, 1 press reduces power by 50% and a 2nd press puts the light in strobe mode. The light is a super usable and easy on the eyes color. Very happy with the choice vs rigid.

Squadron Sport and Pro front lights, I bought the sport version for everyday fog light use, and the Pro version for backroads and night running, I used the matching pro version in the rear for back up lights. Extremely nice lights, very good quality brackets, build and harnesses. Moderately priced but well worth the cost.

Front bumper is an addictive desert design stealth winch bumper it is nice and fits extremely well. The build quality is top notch, but the finish work is horrible, you can tell it was sand blasted and then painted/powder-coated. There is patches that the blast media is trapped under, there is spots all over the bumper that did not get painted. Over all id give it 7/10 score. One of the downsides is, you will have to heavily modify the factory shield for the sway-bar disconnect. The instructions to install that you have to search for on-line that didn't come with the bumper, suggest cutting the mounts off at an angle. (still haven't made that decision). Im keeping this jeep long enough for the JT to come in and its a goner.

Rear bumper, 2/10. This thing is so poorly designed and a pain in the ass to install. It will be getting left on the jeep when I trade it in. If you have factory plastic bumpers you have to take them completely apart and scrape the factory sensor mounting points off, then trim them and epoxy them on to the new bumper. The ADD holes in the bumper are bolted with nuts and bolts and should have been done with nut certs so you can take them off if you need access. The license plate bracket has to be installed before the bumper goes on or you will be taking the bumper back off. The upper holes for the license plate are for the aftermarket license plate bullet LED lights. What they dont tell you is if you install them you have to either drill the holes on the license plate out to 1/2'' so they slide over the lights or you have to rewire them if you ever change plates. Again same as the front, the build quality is decent but the finish work is shit. I have spots where you can see how lite the paint was applied and the color shade difference. I would NOT RECOMMEND THIS BUMPER. For being close to the most expensive bumpers on the market they dropped the ball bad on this series. Pictures attached, let me know what you guys think.

IMG_1817.jpeg

IMG_1818.jpeg

IMG_1819.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_1653.JPG

IMG_2206.JPG

IMG_4063 2.JPG

IMG_4636.JPG

IMG_5214.JPG

IMG_5376.JPG

IMG_5477.JPG

IMG_6965.JPG

IMG_8878.JPG

IMG_9902.JPG
Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology

MacBigButt

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Leaf, 2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty happy with the front bumper. No issues with the fit or finish and great clearance. What did ADD say about the finish issues?

Mine is a Sahara so I don't have to deal with the sway bar or factory shield. It looks a little odd because I just have the licence plate on with zip ties at the moment but I have a flip-plate from Cascadia to solve that issue.

No one seems to have solved the rear bumper problem very well yet. ADD and Poison Spyder are at the top of my list for the rear but other stuff has priority for the next little while.

mQOxID03QYu70n1SUHiMlA.jpg

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I'm pretty happy with the front bumper. No issues with the fit or finish and great clearance. What did ADD say about the finish issues?

Mine is a Sahara so I don't have to deal with the sway bar or factory shield. It looks a little odd because I just have the licence plate on with zip ties at the moment but I have a flip-plate from Cascadia to solve that issue.

No one seems to have solved the rear bumper problem very well yet. ADD and Poison Spyder are at the top of my list for the rear but other stuff has priority for the next little while.

mQOxID03QYu70n1SUHiMlA.jpg
Spyder was definitely at the top of my list however, when I was doing the build they didn't have much in the way of things for the JL out yet. Spyder definitely has quality products though. As for the finish from ADD, that was of no concern to me since we were going to strip it and powder coat it. For me...I actually have no idea what the bumpers looked like when they got to Jeep Masters. I just picked it out and told them what color I wanted on them. Additionally, I don't have back-up sensors on my JLUR either so that was not a factor to deal with. I think I'm going to just take my chances with the license plate issue. I don't want to drill into the front bumper.

Alacon01

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just ran into this same issue with the sensors on plastic bumper.. I'll probably just leave them out for now until there is a solution. it's that or make little resin cups.

Sponsored

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
2018 rubicon JL, came without the factory steel bumpers and the AUX switches. I added the factory 4 aux switches that fit in the factory hole next to the sway-bar button.

Baja Designs lights, I installed a 20'' high-power light bar in the bumper, one good feature is the 3rd wire that allows you to ground it to a momentary switch, 1 press reduces power by 50% and a 2nd press puts the light in strobe mode. The light is a super usable and easy on the eyes color. Very happy with the choice vs rigid.

Squadron Sport and Pro front lights, I bought the sport version for everyday fog light use, and the Pro version for backroads and night running, I used the matching pro version in the rear for back up lights. Extremely nice lights, very good quality brackets, build and harnesses. Moderately priced but well worth the cost.

Front bumper is an addictive desert design stealth winch bumper it is nice and fits extremely well. The build quality is top notch, but the finish work is horrible, you can tell it was sand blasted and then painted/powder-coated. There is patches that the blast media is trapped under, there is spots all over the bumper that did not get painted. Over all id give it 7/10 score. One of the downsides is, you will have to heavily modify the factory shield for the sway-bar disconnect. The instructions to install that you have to search for on-line that didn't come with the bumper, suggest cutting the mounts off at an angle. (still haven't made that decision). Im keeping this jeep long enough for the JT to come in and its a goner.

Rear bumper, 2/10. This thing is so poorly designed and a pain in the ass to install. It will be getting left on the jeep when I trade it in. If you have factory plastic bumpers you have to take them completely apart and scrape the factory sensor mounting points off, then trim them and epoxy them on to the new bumper. The ADD holes in the bumper are bolted with nuts and bolts and should have been done with nut certs so you can take them off if you need access. The license plate bracket has to be installed before the bumper goes on or you will be taking the bumper back off. The upper holes for the license plate are for the aftermarket license plate bullet LED lights. What they dont tell you is if you install them you have to either drill the holes on the license plate out to 1/2'' so they slide over the lights or you have to rewire them if you ever change plates. Again same as the front, the build quality is decent but the finish work is shit. I have spots where you can see how lite the paint was applied and the color shade difference. I would NOT RECOMMEND THIS BUMPER. For being close to the most expensive bumpers on the market they dropped the ball bad on this series. Pictures attached, let me know what you guys think.

IMG_1817.jpeg

IMG_1818.jpeg

IMG_1819.jpeg

FullSizeRender.jpeg

IMG_1653.JPG

IMG_2206.JPG

IMG_4063 2.JPG

IMG_4636.JPG

IMG_5214.JPG

IMG_5376.JPG

IMG_5477.JPG

IMG_6965.JPG

IMG_8878.JPG

IMG_9902.JPG
I am leaning heavily in the direction of this bumper. What light bar did you use?

OP
OP
Bluewaveaudio

Bluewaveaudio

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392, Hydro blue
Occupation
Chief Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
I am leaning heavily in the direction of this bumper. What light bar did you use?
they are the baja designs 20'' high power and the squadron lights on the corners, its in the first post.

TreeHugger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Vehicle Showcase
One of the downsides is, you will have to heavily modify the factory shield for the sway-bar disconnect. The instructions to install that you have to search for on-line that didn't come with the bumper, suggest cutting the mounts off at an angle. (still haven't made that decision).
I'm researching front bumpers for my recently ordered 2019 JLUR. Can you elaborate on the sway-bar disconnect?
Sponsored