Sponsored

Anyone with 4 Door & Sound Assassin in Denver?

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
I’m about to place my Rubi order and trying to figure out which top to get. The stock hard top creates a resonance that’s unpleasant to my old ears. A friend has a JLUR with the Mopar insulation which helped some, but didn’t totally eliminate the sensation. I was wondering if there’s anyone in the Denver area with a 4 door, Sound Assassin and Hot Heads that wouldn’t mind giving me a 5-10 minute ride. I’d prefer the hard top, but if I can’t eliminate the resonance, I’ll go for the Power Top.
Sponsored

SpringsJL

First Name
Cage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
I second the Loud hard top sounds like Windows are cracked going down road. Have read adjustments may help with noise. Goodluck hope you find someone let us know what you find out Neighbor:)

OP
OP
TRZ

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
I second the Loud hard top sounds like Windows are cracked going down road. Have read adjustments may help with noise. Goodluck hope you find someone let us know what you find out Neighbor:)
It’s not necessarily the loudness, there’s some sort of pressure that’s created that doesn’t agree with me (tried 3 hardtops, they all had it). The soft top was fine, but I want a rear lift gate, so that means hard top or power top.

SpringsJL

First Name
Cage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
The power top is very nice looking although pricey I’m sure. Don’t see lot of them either. Have you test drove PT see how you will like it?

TeeravX

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
This is related to the underlying issue but isn’t about a headliner (I have the mopar ones myself).

The buffeting sound you were talking about was driving me nuts with the hard top. Based on another thread in this forum I ended up rolling over to hobby lobby and stuffing some foam rolls between the rear frame beam and roof and it has completely eliminated it. Even short drives were giving me a headache prior to adding the foam. On one hand it’s a little janky but on the other it’s way less expensive than a whole new top.

DFD82516-DCF2-4A67-A77D-1F1E6372A6AF.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
TRZ

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
The power top is very nice looking although pricey I’m sure. Don’t see lot of them either. Have you test drove PT see how you will like it?
There are no Power Tops in any dealership near Denver, so none for me to try!

Also, I’ll be wheeling my Rubi in Colorado and Utah, I’m a little worried a PT will be a bit too fragile (not that it will break, but that the paint won’t look good after a season or two). Or that I’ll end up taking less challenging trails because I’m worried about the painted PT.

OP
OP
TRZ

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
This is related to the underlying issue but isn’t about a headliner (I have the mopar ones myself).

The buffeting sound you were talking about was driving me nuts with the hard top. Based on another thread in this forum I ended up rolling over to hobby lobby and stuffing some foam rolls between the rear frame beam and roof and it has completely eliminated it. Even short drives were giving me a headache prior to adding the foam. On one hand it’s a little janky but on the other it’s way less expensive than a whole new top.

DFD82516-DCF2-4A67-A77D-1F1E6372A6AF.jpeg
THANK YOU!!!! I’ll search for that thread for more info, but you’ve solved 2 problems for me! I plan to order and pick up from Marsh in Las Vegas. A 10 hour drive back to Denver (before I could install the Sound Assassin and Hot Heads) with the buffeting would have been unpleasant!! Even if only temporary, the foam rolls will allow me a peaceful road trip home.
Sponsored