Sponsored

Recommended Dealers List

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Nickmimi, What percent off invoice did you get if you dont mind me asking?
I ordered from Kent and got 7.8% off invoice. Incredible service and no bs financing. It was truly the first time I have enjoyed buying a car.
Sponsored

Mojitorat

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
Occupation
Sr. IS Analyst
Are there any updates on good Arizona / Phoenix dealers? I am looking to purchase a new JLUR in Q1 of 2019.

Jeeper Fever

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2-Door Manual JLR
Ordered a loaded 2019 Rubicon with the Sky Top on Saturday from from Stewart Jeep in Colma Ca (Bay Area) Levan Tadumadze 415-529-0027 cell. Everything done over the phone. 3% below invoice. $1,000 refundable deposit. All the other dealers in Ca I talked to were at full list price to 1% off MSRP and most wanted a a NON - REFUNDABLE deposit. This guy was great to deal with, not the super 8-10% everyone seems to get out of state but I was happy with it after trying other places. He said he can do this deal for anyone else looking.
I just got off the phone with the Stewart dealership in Colma ( SF, CA ), Levan Tadumadze no longer works there and this deal is not available.

They want me to stop by in person, won't give me a quote over the phone nor by email, so I am just going to shop elsewhere. That, and they mentioned a 10% deposit for an order, around 5k. I can get MSRP from anyone, don't need to go to Colma to get wrangled over a Wrangler.

Time to plan a trip to Boise.

Last edited:

Figment490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab, 2015 JKU Rubicon (sold)
Adding a recommendation for Douglas Jeep in Venice, FL (South of Tampa). Ordered my '15 Rubicon and now my '19 Moab through them. Both times they came in thousands lower than other area dealers. Fortunately they're only 20 min from my house. I used Tread Lightly affiliate both times and they seem to come up with some additional discounts and then most importantly waive the ridiculous $899 Florida dealer fees. I ended up about 6% below invoice on my Moab if you include the savings on the dealer fees.

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Lakeland Jeep told me if anyone in the area is looking to buy to contact them. Tell them Gary sent you and they'll give you the same 7% under invoice pricing without hesitation.

Ask for:
Allison Dahmer - 863.687.2501
Jason - 863.603.9841

Sponsored

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Lakeland Jeep told me if anyone in the area is looking to buy to contact them. Tell them Gary sent you and they'll give you the same 7% under invoice pricing without hesitation.

Ask for:
Allison Dahmer - 863.687.2501
Jason - 863.603.9841
I ordered my new black Rubicon two door from Jason D. and was very happy with his service.

Roadglide

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Adding a recommendation for Douglas Jeep in Venice, FL (South of Tampa). Ordered my '15 Rubicon and now my '19 Moab through them. Both times they came in thousands lower than other area dealers. Fortunately they're only 20 min from my house. I used Tread Lightly affiliate both times and they seem to come up with some additional discounts and then most importantly waive the ridiculous $899 Florida dealer fees. I ended up about 6% below invoice on my Moab if you include the savings on the dealer fees.
I'm glad it worked for you because I tried Douglas Jeep and got the run around (from the GM no less) Lakeland CDJ must be putting the HURT on them!

shaunmac

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK, 2012 JK
St. Louis/Midwest people:
I recently did a pretty hardcore search and didn’t find much near St. Louis (one dealer went to 4.58% below invoice)
I found the following:
Nampa, ID (1400 miles away): 9.89% below invoice
Near Chicago, IL: 7.03% below invoice (this is where I bought)
Near Omaha, NE: 6.42% below invoice
Georgetown, TX: 6% below invoice
Ellisville, MO; 4.58% below invoice

Other than that, most dealers didn’t even respond when I told them I was already at 5% below, or they came back with 2.5%-ish.

Can you tell me where you ended up ordering in Chicago? I'm getting the run-around here in St. Louis as well. Thanks

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
Can you tell me where you ended up ordering in Chicago? I'm getting the run-around here in St. Louis as well. Thanks
Yes, I ordered from JR Neilis @ Tyson Motor. I worked with him 100% over the phone/email (I live in St. Louis and nobody down here will match prices of other places in the country). I’m happy to share the research I did if it helps.

Please let JR know Chad Baugh sent you:

JR Neilis
Tyson Motor LLC
Shorewood, IL, 60404
(815)741-5530
[email protected]

Monday 9-8
Tuesday 9-5
Wednesday off
Thursday 9-8
Friday 9-5
Saturday 8-4

carboy

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Unlimited, 1997 TJ
Occupation
Public Service (Retired)
Are there any updates on good Arizona / Phoenix dealers? I am looking to purchase a new JLUR in Q1 of 2019.

Ref Mojitorat's above inquiry regarding Az. pricing, maybe. Quick story, maybe not so quick however, just wanted to share with my fellow Jeep enthusiasts. I've purchased 2 new Unlimited Rubicon's from Airpark Chrysler Jeep in Scottsdale, in 2008 and 2014. Got a few bucks off, nothing great, as I recall somewhere around $2000. At both purchase times, Tucson dealers had next to zero inventory and wouldn't waste their time trying to make a deal with me. Airpark had a great inventory, both times I purchased off the lot, did the deals over the phone... other than the hammering I received from the finance guy, specifically the push on the extended warranty, it was a pretty smooth, no hassle deal.

Fast forward... I'm very fortunate enough to now be retired, like that Stix song, "Too Much Time On My Hands", "I got nothing to do and all day to do it". That said, in preparation of my next Jeep purchase, I've followed the JL from early rumors and spy shots, to the release fanfare, ever since having kept a close eye on reviews, new model year issues, dealer experiences and prices across the country. It didn't take long to discover that 1% behind dealer invoice deals were commonplace, deals with as much as 7% or 8% behind invoice are out there as well, albeit for this amateur internet surfer, took a little time to find.

As for Airpark, while on there website, I sent an email to one of their internet sales staff, giving them the whole story about being a repeat customer, wanting to keep my money in Arizona, blah, blah, blah, but also mentioned that thanks to the internet, I could literally scour the nation for pricing, comparing deals all from the comfort of my favorite bar stool with a margarita in my hand. I stated some of the deals I had found without much effort, most falling in the 10% off MSRP range, asked straight up if they cared to match pricing, specifically a 10% off MSRP deal. Guy responded he'd have to get with his boss, would get back with me. Day or two later he responds, manager isn't interested in my offer, tells me he'd see if could find something used for me. I responded, thanked him for his time, reiterated I was going to purchase new, not interested in anything used.

Back to the internet... learned of a guy in Idaho, couple actually, but one in particular that was doing no BS deals at my aforementioned 7% to 8% behind invoice, which results in about a 13% off MSRP deal. Guy's name is Kent Shurtleff at Peterson Jeep, I sent him a quick note... I won't go into all the superfluous chit-chat, but suffice it to say this guy is the real deal, no BS, no pressure, no excuses kinda guy. Only Chrysler affiliate requirement is Chrysler financing, albeit that requirement only asks or requires you to maintain their financing for 6 months... at which time you can pay off with your loan of choice, no penalties. Funny, for probably the first time in my life, I'm not in a huge rush to get a new Jeep, no doubt because I'm very happy with my current Jeep, a loaded Rubicon that I've done all the typical mods; AEV lift, drag-link flip, trailing arm relocation, Fox steering stabilizer, Methods with 35" BFG's, etc., etc. All my other vehicle purchases have been "I gotta have it like yesterday" scenarios, to say I'm a true gearhead is an understatement.

That said, my plan is to order sometime after the holidays however, there is still the side of me that wants that new JL now. So looking for an excuse to place my order sooner than later, I contacted Kent to see if I was at risk of losing his deal if I didn't proceed promptly, asking about price increases or maybe if there was a chance Chrysler was going to stop with their incentives to dealers who are selling behind invoice. Try as I might, I could not get Kent to say "ya better hurry up, this deal might not last long", or "deal is only good 'till year end", etc. Nothing... only response I could get out of Kent was him stating there was no rush, he want's me to order when the time is right for me, his deal wasn't going away, will be here when I'm ready. Needless to say, he's got my business... period, my search is over, which brings me back to Airpark.

Get a call about 2 weeks after my internet correspondence from an Airpark sales manager, essentially apologizing for the dealership not following up and telling me he wanted my business. I explained to him that someone did in fact follow up, and that they rather curtly told me Airpark wasn't interested. He asked me what deal I was proposing, I told him the 10% off MSRP, explaining that this pricing isn't that difficult to find. He responded immediately that if that's what it took to get my business, he'd do it. A few bucks more that what I'm getting in Idaho, but still a solid deal IMHO. I explained to the manager that while I appreciated his offer, it was too late... I moved on and have committed to another dealer.

Maybe I'm old school or just have a different philosophy, but other than my conversation with Airpark, I've never pitted dealers against one another rather, I give 'em a chance, show me your best deal, if it's better than the other guy, ya got my business. I gave Airpark the advantage of a heads up on the discount I was shopping only because of my history with them, the fact they were in Arizona (I'm in Tucson), they had their chance and blew me off, so time for me to move on. As for your Arizona dealer deal, I'm guessing if you made your initial contact with Airpark, let them know you're well aware that 10-plus percent off MSRP is readily available, make your proposal and be prepared to be blown off, at least initially. Give them a little time, I'm thinking you can probably get a pretty righteous deal from them, providing you're patient. Oh, they have pretty decent inventory, so I'm thinking they would love to move something they currently have sitting on the lot. Good luck!

Sponsored

carboy

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Service (Retired)
After reviewing some earlier posts under "recommended dealer list", I see Kent's name has been mentioned many times, obviously I'm late to the party and my info regarding Kent is old news however, if nothing else I think Kent deserves a big kudos for his straight forward, no BS approach. Finding a person of such integrity in the automotive business can be a bit challenging these days, certainly a breath of fresh air.

Jwillads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Range Rover SC, 2018 Audi Q7, 2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Ref Mojitorat's above inquiry regarding Az. pricing, maybe. Quick story, maybe not so quick however, just wanted to share with my fellow Jeep enthusiasts. I've purchased 2 new Unlimited Rubicon's from Airpark Chrysler Jeep in Scottsdale, in 2008 and 2014. Got a few bucks off, nothing great, as I recall somewhere around $2000. At both purchase times, Tucson dealers had next to zero inventory and wouldn't waste their time trying to make a deal with me. Airpark had a great inventory, both times I purchased off the lot, did the deals over the phone... other than the hammering I received from the finance guy, specifically the push on the extended warranty, it was a pretty smooth, no hassle deal.

Fast forward... I'm very fortunate enough to now be retired, like that Stix song, "Too Much Time On My Hands", "I got nothing to do and all day to do it". That said, in preparation of my next Jeep purchase, I've followed the JL from early rumors and spy shots, to the release fanfare, ever since having kept a close eye on reviews, new model year issues, dealer experiences and prices across the country. It didn't take long to discover that 1% behind dealer invoice deals were commonplace, deals with as much as 7% or 8% behind invoice are out there as well, albeit for this amateur internet surfer, took a little time to find.

As for Airpark, while on there website, I sent an email to one of their internet sales staff, giving them the whole story about being a repeat customer, wanting to keep my money in Arizona, blah, blah, blah, but also mentioned that thanks to the internet, I could literally scour the nation for pricing, comparing deals all from the comfort of my favorite bar stool with a margarita in my hand. I stated some of the deals I had found without much effort, most falling in the 10% off MSRP range, asked straight up if they cared to match pricing, specifically a 10% off MSRP deal. Guy responded he'd have to get with his boss, would get back with me. Day or two later he responds, manager isn't interested in my offer, tells me he'd see if could find something used for me. I responded, thanked him for his time, reiterated I was going to purchase new, not interested in anything used.

Back to the internet... learned of a guy in Idaho, couple actually, but one in particular that was doing no BS deals at my aforementioned 7% to 8% behind invoice, which results in about a 13% off MSRP deal. Guy's name is Kent Shurtleff at Peterson Jeep, I sent him a quick note... I won't go into all the superfluous chit-chat, but suffice it to say this guy is the real deal, no BS, no pressure, no excuses kinda guy. Only Chrysler affiliate requirement is Chrysler financing, albeit that requirement only asks or requires you to maintain their financing for 6 months... at which time you can pay off with your loan of choice, no penalties. Funny, for probably the first time in my life, I'm not in a huge rush to get a new Jeep, no doubt because I'm very happy with my current Jeep, a loaded Rubicon that I've done all the typical mods; AEV lift, drag-link flip, trailing arm relocation, Fox steering stabilizer, Methods with 35" BFG's, etc., etc. All my other vehicle purchases have been "I gotta have it like yesterday" scenarios, to say I'm a true gearhead is an understatement.

That said, my plan is to order sometime after the holidays however, there is still the side of me that wants that new JL now. So looking for an excuse to place my order sooner than later, I contacted Kent to see if I was at risk of losing his deal if I didn't proceed promptly, asking about price increases or maybe if there was a chance Chrysler was going to stop with their incentives to dealers who are selling behind invoice. Try as I might, I could not get Kent to say "ya better hurry up, this deal might not last long", or "deal is only good 'till year end", etc. Nothing... only response I could get out of Kent was him stating there was no rush, he want's me to order when the time is right for me, his deal wasn't going away, will be here when I'm ready. Needless to say, he's got my business... period, my search is over, which brings me back to Airpark.

Get a call about 2 weeks after my internet correspondence from an Airpark sales manager, essentially apologizing for the dealership not following up and telling me he wanted my business. I explained to him that someone did in fact follow up, and that they rather curtly told me Airpark wasn't interested. He asked me what deal I was proposing, I told him the 10% off MSRP, explaining that this pricing isn't that difficult to find. He responded immediately that if that's what it took to get my business, he'd do it. A few bucks more that what I'm getting in Idaho, but still a solid deal IMHO. I explained to the manager that while I appreciated his offer, it was too late... I moved on and have committed to another dealer.

Maybe I'm old school or just have a different philosophy, but other than my conversation with Airpark, I've never pitted dealers against one another rather, I give 'em a chance, show me your best deal, if it's better than the other guy, ya got my business. I gave Airpark the advantage of a heads up on the discount I was shopping only because of my history with them, the fact they were in Arizona (I'm in Tucson), they had their chance and blew me off, so time for me to move on. As for your Arizona dealer deal, I'm guessing if you made your initial contact with Airpark, let them know you're well aware that 10-plus percent off MSRP is readily available, make your proposal and be prepared to be blown off, at least initially. Give them a little time, I'm thinking you can probably get a pretty righteous deal from them, providing you're patient. Oh, they have pretty decent inventory, so I'm thinking they would love to move something they currently have sitting on the lot. Good luck!

Good for you. This stuff drives me crazy. I test drove a 18 Moab at Colonial in Hudson MA. It was on a Sunday near closing. Was potentially trading in a Porsche 911 worth more than the Jeep. They said they would get back to me ASAP with numbers. Never heard from them. Looked at Brigham Gill in Natick. Gave me a price on a custom order but said I was in process of selling the 911 and was just waiting for a sale to close. Told them same deal where dealers are selling 6-7% below invoice and would they do a deal there. Never heard back after two emails with one of the emails stating the Porsche was gone. You would think a sales guy would bend over backwards or at least contact me saying we can’t do that price, etc but nothing. Anyone have a recommended dealer around Boston they like?

shutamouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Good for you. This stuff drives me crazy. I test drove a 18 Moab at Colonial in Hudson MA. It was on a Sunday near closing. Was potentially trading in a Porsche 911 worth more than the Jeep. They said they would get back to me ASAP with numbers. Never heard from them. Looked at Brigham Gill in Natick. Gave me a price on a custom order but said I was in process of selling the 911 and was just waiting for a sale to close. Told them same deal where dealers are selling 6-7% below invoice and would they do a deal there. Never heard back after two emails with one of the emails stating the Porsche was gone. You would think a sales guy would bend over backwards or at least contact me saying we can’t do that price, etc but nothing. Anyone have a recommended dealer around Boston they like?
In my experience: no. Talked with about 5 local dealers. Ended up going to Maryland 1) Saved $1100 (Less transportation) and 2) They knew the product, didn't try and get me into a new 2-door Sahara, etc.

My strategy was be direct about the price I'm looking for early so as not to waste anyone's time. Anyone who didn't return a call, didn't know the product, or wasn't near my price I moved on from.

Good Luck

carboy

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Public Service (Retired)

It is surprising... in this day and age, to have so much information available at your fingertips, some dealers act as though they're the only ones on the planet to hold the secret formula, what they say or offer is gospel. I suppose there's a large percentage of the buying public out there that either don't have the time, or aren't interested in devoting the time necessary to educate themselves. I know when I purchased my last 2 JK's, while I certainly didn't have money to burn, with time being at a premium with my career, family matters, play-time (vacations, etc.), I never considered expanding my search nationwide as it would have been difficult for me to consider travel time. I took the easy way out, but it cost me thousands. Looking back at it in retrospect, that was pretty silly- no, just stupid of me to not put forth a little more effort. I can fly out of Tucson to Idaho for under $200, take a leisurely 2 or three days to drive back to Tucson, buy a couple nights in a few halfway decent hotels, food, gas... what maybe another $400 or $500 max? So ya spend $600 or $700 to save $3000 or $4000? No brainer... that's a pretty good payoff in my book for what amounts to a fun 2 or 3 day road trip. Scour this forum from the beginning, I thought I saw some positive posts ref dealers on your side of the country. If I come across anything, I'll forward your direction... good luck on your search!

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I just put in an order on a 2019 with Central Jeep in Raynham. I ended up at 4% below invoice, which I'm happy with, and they were about $1,000 less than Brigham-Gill. It actually was an enjoyable experience from start to finish, so I do recommend contacting them.
Sponsored