2018 JLU

Specter491

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wranlger JL Sport S
For the Oracle LED headlights bulbs, is there an up or down orientation? Does it matter which way they face?

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
For the Oracle LED headlights bulbs, is there an up or down orientation? Does it matter which way they face?
I just faced them so ORACLE on the side was right side up. I don’t think it matters other than that

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
The fender lights were delivered today and I will be installing tomorrow. I should get the video done soon, but will have impressions ASAP.

Sponsored

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I have an update. I am just finishing the video but the lights are installed, look great, and function flawlessly. I’ll get some part numbers for you shortly.

AF9025A8-7A28-45CB-A7B1-EA0472389FF8.png

1BA30F18-C5F7-4B1B-82AC-2C34A8BACBB5.png

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Here you go! There are links to the bulbs. Keep in mind if you have a sport with the single bulb for DRL/turn signal you will order the single switchback bulbs and if you have a Rubicon or Sahara, you will order separate bulbs. This is plug and play and no need for a load equalizer at least on the Rubi/Sahara turn signals. There is a discount code listed too:

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Here you go! There are links to the bulbs. Keep in mind if you have a sport with the single bulb for DRL/turn signal you will order the single switchback bulbs and if you have a Rubicon or Sahara, you will order separate bulbs. This is plug and play and no need for a load equalizer at least on the Rubi/Sahara turn signals. There is a discount code listed too:

I see you also had to force those bulbs in like @robmack and I had to do. Great job following up on this. You’re going to make a lot of jeepers happy. Btw - I didn’t see the links, just the YouTube.

Edit: sorry, noticed the link when I went to the actual YouTube page.

Sponsored

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I see you also had to force those bulbs in like @robmack and I had to do. Great job following up on this. You’re going to make a lot of jeepers happy. Btw - I didn’t see the links, just the YouTube.

Edit: sorry, noticed the link when I went to the actual YouTube page.
Yes they were a little tight but I am pleased with the end results for sure! Thank you for your patience on it.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Are your headlights on in that video or not? The halos make it so hard to tell. Do the DRL/park bulbs change at all when the headlights or parking lights are switched on/off?

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I have a halogen JLUS (in the US) and my DRLs do stay on with my headlights. They actually DIM when I turn the headlights on. I'll also add that when I installed aftermarket LEDs in the DRL fender position, they needed to be low input models. My initial attempts (without the low input bulbs) did in fact turn the DRL off when the headlight was turned on.

I also tried the Oracle HALOs, and tied them into the DRL harness from fenders. They actually DID turn off when I turned the headlights on.
There’s a DRL harness in fender on the sport s?

OP
OP
American Jeeper

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Are your headlights on in that video or not? The halos make it so hard to tell. Do the DRL/park bulbs change at all when the headlights or parking lights are switched on/off?
Yes they are on in the video. I don’t notice any change in brightness with turning them on/off.
Sponsored