JL Wrangler **Base Model Club**

modeler

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rav4
Want to do every thing fit to save money, how is every ones experience for aftermarket stuff.
1,Air con , has to factory.
2,Window Tint is so easy. Plan to spray on the lexan window. How is that look.
3,Led, easy but how to get factory housing?
4,Power lock, med level. But want to get an integrated system provide remote start.That's hard.
5, head unit, should be easy as long as not get into large display with ac control.
6, heat seat, easy
Sponsored

Jeeporama

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLU), 2005 Jeep Liberty
Vehicle Showcase
For all those JL Sport buyers (I guess JLU Sport buyers can come too)! Bask in your stripped down homage to the days of the CJ as you hand crank your windows, wonder what the premium soft top is like, potentially wish you had A/C, and cringe at the sight of your base-ass rims.

Who's ordered one? Who's ordered or taken delivery of the most basest JL? Anyone ordered the ultimate purist version--a 2 door manual trans with no A/C?

Unless I end up hitting a minor lottery, or getting a nice raise at work, I think my sights are dead on a JL Sport, 6MT, leaning softtop, undecided on A/C.

OIIIIIIIO
I was thinking to buy bare bones, but one thing lead to another and got this with everything instead:

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Want to do every thing fit to save money, how is every ones experience for aftermarket stuff.
1,Air con , has to factory.
2,Window Tint is so easy. Plan to spray on the lexan window. How is that look.
3,Led, easy but how to get factory housing?
4,Power lock, med level. But want to get an integrated system provide remote start.That's hard.
5, head unit, should be easy as long as not get into large display with ac control.
6, heat seat, easy
I don't think it saves a lot of money getting all that stuff after the fact. Maybe you'll enjoy doing it all yourself as a hobby but I got a base model because I don't want that stuff. :)

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Thatā€™s what I thought. Thanks guys.

Does anyone find the flip key kinda a pain and bulky to unlock the doors and then use the push button start? Anyone modify their key to make a smaller key on a normal key chain and hide the fob inside your Jeep?

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT

Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think it saves a lot of money getting all that stuff after the fact. Maybe you'll enjoy doing it all yourself as a hobby but I got a base model because I don't want that stuff. :)
This exactly! when I read that my initial thoughts were, "Why not Rubicon?" but I Guess if he really wants to do it himself....

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Thatā€™s what I thought. Thanks guys.

Does anyone find the flip key kinda a pain and bulky to unlock the doors and then use the push button start? Anyone modify their key to make a smaller key on a normal key chain and hide the fob inside your Jeep?
Is it just me, or does hiding the fob inside the Jeep have some possible downside, like a person who doesnā€™t actually own your Jeep driving off with it, perhaps?

DominionsCowboy

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sting Grey JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have a base model JLU sport. I do however have AC. But I love the manual trans and windows and soft top. Have already put new front bumper, a-pillar lights, hitch, mesh top over the front half, and bought a cargo basket for the hitch. Couldn't be happier with how its coming along.

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have a base model JLU sport. I do however have AC. But I love the manual trans and windows and soft top. Have already put new front bumper, a-pillar lights, hitch, mesh top over the front half, and bought a cargo basket for the hitch. Couldn't be happier with how its coming along.
Every mod you mention must be accompanied by at least one picture, or it didn't happen! :giggle:

Sponsored

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
I'm looking at a '18 JL brochure, and it states the Uconnect 3 with 5" is not compatible with iPhone. I wonder why the brochure says that? Anyone have an issue with the Bluetooth not sinking up or no being compatible with their iPhone?

Vark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 JLU
Is it just me, or does hiding the fob inside the Jeep have some possible downside, like a person who doesnā€™t actually own your Jeep driving off with it, perhaps?
There are pouches you can get that block the signal. They would have to locate that and remove the fob it for the keyless ignition to function. We use one at the beach.
Sponsored