Sponsored

Tazer JL 11.07 LAST CALL - LAST CALL !!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well, 11.07 firmware beta release is available NOW, today, 12/14/2018.

Go here: https://zautomotive.com/tazer-jl-updates/

Post here what your experience with 11.07 is, and what do you think... 8-)

See attached 11.07 beta firmware instructions.
Sponsored

Attachments

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Updates to LED options, FAD can be deleted while Lockers and 4×4 display still work.
What is FAD?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In a few days, I'm going on a road trip with my JL, for 3 or 4 weeks so will not be moving to the 11.07 beta. Upon my return, when the final release of 11.07 is available I surely, will be installing.

For you guys/gals that install the 11.07 beta, please post here if you can concurrently (at the same time) have the panic button on the fob disabled and the hood alarm enabled.

My guess it you will have to chose one or the other. Doubtful you could have both at the same time. Anyway, please would someone, confirm my suspicions. Thanks!

By the way, since I will undoubtedly have to chose, I will go with the hood alarm feature which is slick as chitt.

Lets see how long before other's offering a JL programmer, copy Joe's firmware, and also have the hood alarm feature... :surprised:

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you read the 11.07 firmware instructions, you may notice as I did, that IN MOTION is not listed with the other Live Features.

In Motion is mentioned at the bottom of the instructions..

Anyway, I confirmed with Joe, that IN MOTION is included in the offered Live Features but was inadvertently left off the list of Live Features mentioned earlier in the 11.07 beta instructions.

Note: Do remember to turn off, IN Motion if you are not using it. Do not leave it on all the time.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You guys/gals with the Tazer JL Mini or Tazer JL Lite.....

Do know that when you do a firmware update, you do not need to remove/disconnect the Tazer JL Mini in order to do a firmware update. SURE you can but it is not at all necessary..

To update firmware while the Tazer JL Mini or Tazer JL Lite is connected:
  1. Unmarry the Tazer JL device
  2. Turn JL's Ignition Off
  3. Open the JL's door
  4. Now, hook up your laptop, using the provided USB cable, to your Tazer JL module, and proceed with the firmware update
  5. CAREFUL ... When doing firmware updates on anything, do not interrupt the update.. Example: laptop battery dies during the update
  6. At conclusion of the firmware update, assure firmware updating has completed. Use Windows eject device or similar eject with your Mac
  7. After ejecting device, disconnect the USB cable
  8. Start your JL now and re-marry the Tazer JL device
  9. Do check all your Tazer JL device, settings to assure they are not changed ///are as you desire

mer43

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'98 ZJ 5.9, '18 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Just updated. About to go test the lockers, and sway bars, and trying to figure out if anything needs to happen to get the "blackout" working.

I noted that my camera turns on, if I put my blinker on. I really like this, and never thought of it before.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Just updated. About to go test the lockers, and sway bars, and trying to figure out if anything needs to happen to get the "blackout" working.

I noted that my camera turns on, if I put my blinker on. I really like this, and never thought of it before.
Turncam was on 11.06 but we all had issues with it so hopefully Joe got this resolved

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe when I remarry my Tazer to my JL in a few more weeks I will know more about the update, currently still testing my glitches with ESS and my battery and so far all is working well being all stock but I do miss certain things from the Tazer

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@BWWJL Hopefully, someone with a similar set-up as yours and a Tazer JL orTazer JL Mini can provide you with an answer on this.

Last edited:

b1er

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubicon, '18 JL Sport, 1980 El Camino, 1969 Olds 442
LED options ... Are LED fog now selectable for us sport guys who picked up Rubi bumper/LED fogs?

I didn’t see in above link and I don’t have a Tazer mini ... yet.

Thx.
I did see the led fogs in the menu as selectable just now... on my rubi anyway and I don't have led's... I updated to .07 and just got done checking things out in my driveway... I now have lockers and sway bar disconnect when I want them... neat!

OP
OP
Rhinebeck01

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@b1er

Can you please post here if you can concurrently (at the same time) have the panic button on the fob disabled and the hood alarm enabled.

My guess it you will have to chose one or the other. Doubtful you could have both at the same time. Anyway, please would you, confirm my suspicions. Thanks!

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe when I remarry my Tazer to my JL in a few more weeks I will know more about the update, currently still testing my glitches with ESS and my battery and so far all is working well being all stock but I do miss certain things from the Tazer
I did see the led fogs in the menu as selectable just now... on my rubi anyway and I don't have led's... I updated to .07 and just got done checking things out in my driveway... I now have lockers and sway bar disconnect when I want them... neat!
Thanks! ... mini ordered.

Last edited:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
What is "sway bar kill at any speed?"
Sponsored