Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Admin
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Another month of strong Wrangler sales in April 2017. It even beat the same month last year by 1 unit.

Screen Shot 2017-05-06 at 11.51.44 AM.jpg
Sponsored

Sport11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Pretty incredible. I can't think of another 10 year old vehicle that's selling more in its 10th year than it did in its first few years of introduction. Props to Jeep. :clap:

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Pretty incredible. I can't think of another 10 year old vehicle that's selling more in its 10th year than it did in its first few years of introduction. Props to Jeep. :clap:
Agreed, got to give Jeep a hand for still providing customers in the USA an open top utility type vehicle option. The other such vehicles have faded away. Jeep is the only game in town these days, I just would like to see lower prices. 40 grand for a Wrangler is hard for me to stomach, seeing as I paid $6000 for my 1985 CJ-7 when it was 4 years used, and only $1400 for my 20 years used 1972 CJ-5. It is killing me what has happened to the 4x4 hobby the past 10 or so years. Back when I lived in Colorado during the 90s and early 2000's, the place was awash in Wranglers, CJs, FJs and first gen Broncos. Broncos were going for a few thousand bucks for one in ok shape. It was 4x4 paradise for me and we were on the trails nearly every weekend camping and exploring. Fast forward to last year, on a trip back to Colorado, decided I might pick up a cheap Bronco and bring it back to Chicago to fix up. Shoot the prices were through the roof, and I saw barely any on the road compared to my earlier time there. It sure was nice back in the 90's having fun with the classic 4x4 hobby. I still have the 1972 Series III Land Rover I picked up there in the late 90s. Paid $6000 for it at the time, not sure what they are going for now with the Defender gone and age catching up with vehicles. Here in Chicago area salted roads seem to have destroyed most CJs. Even my CJ7 parked in the driveway is rusting away. Hoping Jeep does a good job with the new Wrangler and keeps the line going strong.
Sponsored