Sponsored

Jeep Customer Care informed me that a lack of body color hard tops is delaying orders...

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
The painted hardtops must be in. Our JLUR ordered on 12/1 (with a painted hardtop restriction) went to D status with a VIN on 12/4.

Today my dealership called and said it was in Paint. Whaaaat??!! I didn't believe him so I just got finished chatting with Jeep Chat and they said it is in F (Paint) status and will be shipping soon. Holy smoke that's fast!!!!
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
While I’m happy for everyone that this is helping, it seems like it might possibly be bad news for me. I thought (hoped) that the painted hard top might be what’s holding me up since it was built on 11/7. Nope. Still in I so far. Which concerns me that there might be something else actually wrong with the build. Or maybe Ocean Blue are just the last painted tops to come in?

Thatoneguy

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ocean blue jeep JL (soon)
While I’m happy for everyone that this is helping, it seems like it might possibly be bad news for me. I thought (hoped) that the painted hard top might be what’s holding me up since it was built on 11/7. Nope. Still in I so far. Which concerns me that there might be something else actually wrong with the build. Or maybe Ocean Blue are just the last painted tops to come in?
I think it might be the paint itself. I went with black 3 piece top and ive been sitting in a d status for 2 or 3 weeks now.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Expedition, Escape
Ordered 10/15 stingray color matched hard top in G status now so looks like they got some in .
Did not order body color hard top - but Unlimited Rubicons with V6 ordered after I placed my order are being built. :(

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
after 8 weeks, and no VIN, still C status. jeep case# seems to make no difference. today I emailed CEO hoping someone in his offices can at least explain what the delay is, or maybe do more to help.

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
after 8 weeks, and no VIN, still C status. jeep case# seems to make no difference. today I emailed CEO hoping someone in his offices can at least explain what the delay is, or maybe do more to help.
I mentioned in another thread that I did that yesterday. Got a call this morning with explanation of what the issue is, apology for allowing it to sit so long with no communication, and commitment to get it expedited for real. Gonna give it time to see if it happens like he said. Hope it works for you as well.

OP
OP
AMG

AMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG, BMW G650GS
It looks like the painted hard top shortage is no longer an issue... I'm in JB as of today.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I mentioned in another thread that I did that yesterday. Got a call this morning with explanation of what the issue is, apology for allowing it to sit so long with no communication, and commitment to get it expedited for real. Gonna give it time to see if it happens like he said. Hope it works for you as well.
Good to know. thanks.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
For the first time, I’m actually glad I ordered a black top

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
OK, Jeep admin emailed me the answer; they are only building JLs with ALP if the order also included AEK. ALP orders without AEK won't be started until April. OMG! On Oct 12th my Jeep was ordered without AEK and there was no indication of any problem such as a 5-6 month delay.
They are telling me I can add the AEK option now and get it built right away, which I certainly did request immediately. They said they edited my order and "fast framed" the build. My salesman said he had 6 other orders with ALP and no AEK that are in the same situation, and now he finally knows why. These were orders placed before ordering required AEK with ALP..

Last edited:

Sponsored

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
It looks like the painted hard top shortage is no longer an issue... I'm in JB as of today.
Mine also went to JB a few days ago. Last night my sticker became available. Hopefully I won’t be in JB for too long.

JLU4TJ

OK, Jeep admin emailed me the answer; they are only building JLs with ALP if the order also included AEK. ALP orders without AEK won't be started until April. OMG! On Oct 12th my Jeep was ordered without AEK and there was no indication of any problem such as a 5-6 month delay.
They are telling me I can add the AEK option now and get it built right away, which I certainly did request immediately. They said they edited my order and "fast framed" the build. My salesman said he had 6 other orders with ALP and no AEK that are in the same situation, and now he finally knows why. These were orders placed before ordering required AEK with ALP..
Hmmm
So I ordered AEK originally...but no ALP...just ordered AJ1 instead as I didn’t know the “advanced” group was an option.
Ordered 10/26 and in D1 for the past week so far. Wonder I’ll need to upgrade to ALP.

Did Jeep Chat/Admin amend you order for you or did the dealer need to add that option?

Thanka

kimmonia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Ford Explorer
Hmmm
So I ordered AEK originally...but no ALP...just ordered AJ1 instead as I didn’t know the “advanced” group was an option.
Ordered 10/26 and in D1 for the past week so far. Wonder I’ll need to upgrade to ALP.

Did Jeep Chat/Admin amend you order for you or did the dealer need to add that option?

Thanka
Nm, I used the search function. I’m same as you, I have AJ1 and AEK. Order 10/08, D1 still

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
What’s AEK & ALP?
They are the sales codes for the option packages. When you are building on the Jeep.com website, underneath the title of the package, it lists the sales code, which is usually 3 seemingly random letters.

AEK - Electronic Infotainment (8 inch screen)
ALP - Adaptive Cruise Control/Forward Collision Warning
Sponsored